Platinum possibly unobtainable soon?

NZBigC

I just completed challenge of the week, and I noticed it said (along the lines of) 'This is the last challenge of the week in MLB The Show 20. It will continue into MLB The Show 21.' However, I don't think there was an end date given. This challenge is ridiculously easy and I was able to get 10k points in under a minute. I would suggest anyone that does not have this trophy go out and get it asap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

MLB 17 can still be achieved.  I wouldn't be too worried.

Although true, there is not a trophy related to challenge of the week in MLB 17.

Like in NCAA Football 14, the ability to write a comment on dynasty wire story stopped in 2015 (intentional or not?), yet you were still able to earn online trophies for years after that.

Hopefully this feature will remain open for some time.

2 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Although true, there is not a trophy related to challenge of the week in MLB 17.

Like in NCAA Football 14, the ability to write a comment on dynasty wire story stopped in 2015 (intentional or not?), yet you were still able to earn online trophies for years after that.

Hopefully this feature will remain open for some time.

Yes, but there are online trophies and challenge of the week for MLB 16 was obtainable until the servers closed in July.

7 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Yes, but there are online trophies and challenge of the week for MLB 16 was obtainable until the servers closed in July.

Oh right. Hopefully that is a good indication that this will (should) stay open for some time then. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get this one out of the way anyway as it literally takes a minute or two to do.

• 1 month later...

I believe I heard… don’t quote me, MLB The Show 18 servers go down in August? Anyway it’s maybe the easiest one of any of the lists, you just need a few cards in diamond dynasty not much online stuff. Less than an hour of work… the whole plat take maybe 15 hours or less.

did it over 3 days for me, I recommend it.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, ChowderlyDude said:

blueshadow are you talking about mlb 18 or mlb 20? if mlb 20 takes 15 hours then I will do it.

No I was talking about MLB 18, much easier trophies. Less of a grind to do. My only recommendation is try to get an MVP edition code/ download for it. It will make the DD mode easier. MLB 20 is a heavy grind even if it not hard.

On 6/3/2021 at 3:48 AM, BlueShadow17 said:

I believe I heard… don’t quote me, MLB The Show 18 servers go down in August? Anyway it’s maybe the easiest one of any of the lists, you just need a few cards in diamond dynasty not much online stuff. Less than an hour of work… the whole plat take maybe 15 hours or less.

did it over 3 days for me, I recommend it.

The Show 17 is closing in a couple weeks. It seems that MLB The Show servers last about 4 years.

• 11 months later...