I can't sign in on PSN

Rubempia16

If you have 2FA enabled on your account you need to grab a device password to sign into it from here... https://my.account.sony.com/

Or it's an issue with PSN itself, could try hotspotting off your smartphone to see can you log in. If you can this tells there is an issue with your home router, might just need to reboot it to resolve.

Edited by Null_Spectre

That error code is consistent with an account that's entered an incorrect password five or more times.

Basically, you'll need to obtain a new IP. Easiest way is to go into the Network Settings and Disable your internet for 15 seconds, then re-enable it. This should give you a new dynamic IP automatically. If you use a static IP, you'll need to assign a new IP manually either through your router or have your ISP do it.

Other solutions are as simple as restarting your PS3 or restarting your router.

• Like 1

I think PSN might be having some weird issues again. My cover image was gone from my profile on PS4 yesterday, and trying to change it just gave me a "this process can't be completed at this time" message. It went back to normal a few hours later however, a few other people I know said they had the same issue.

Not having any issues signing into PS3 myself currently though.

• 1 year later...

I cannot sign in either today on either account or on my main computer, says the password is incorrect which it isn't and I don't own a mobile phone so there is no way of contact via SMS, it was working yesterday so why have they triggered 2 step verification when there are no mobile details in which to contact me. 

23 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I cannot sign in either today on either account or on my main computer, says the password is incorrect which it isn't and I don't own a mobile phone so there is no way of contact via SMS, it was working yesterday so why have they triggered 2 step verification when there are no mobile details in which to contact me. 

You shouldn’t have been able to complete setting up 2FA without a mobile phone to begin with. It’s Opt-in and can’t be enabled remotely. You might want to contact support and see if there are other reasons your passwords aren’t working. 

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

You shouldn’t have been able to complete setting up 2FA without a mobile phone to begin with. It’s Opt-in and can’t be enabled remotely. You might want to contact support and see if there are other reasons your passwords aren’t working. 

I checked both accounts eventually on my computer and both have 2SV disabled, yet the PS3 still won't sign in just comes up with the message of password not correct and something about 2SV.  It was working fine last night so I hope there is nothing wrong with it as I am doing LiberationHD again on my second account [ which is 100% only account ] so I don't want it to be broken.  

Edited by alexandra-jane09

PSN on PS3 has randomly signed me out twice tonight, and the second time it happened, I couldn’t get signed back in (due to a DNS error, allegedly) and I couldn’t sign in again until I restarted the system.

I guess I should just be thankful it didn’t sign me out right as I was purchasing a game earlier, but it’s still annoying. Glad I’m not quite ready to attempt the rest of the Tomb Raider multiplayer trophies yet. 

I cannot sign in as of yesterday Apr 29 afternoon. Still can't. Says I'd or pass not correct. I can sign into Sony.com from my phone just fine though. Was working fine yesterday morning. Anyone else having issue?

Edited by Semper-FI_Guy
Misspelled wording

14 minutes ago, Semper-FI_Guy said:

I cannot sign in as of yesterday Apr 29 afternoon. Still can't. Says I'd or pass not correct. I can sign into Sony.com from my phone just fine though. Was working fine yesterday morning. Anyone else having issue?

Do you have 2-step verification (2SV) enabled on your PSN account?

PS3 and PSVita require a Device Setup Password.

5 minutes ago, Semper-FI_Guy said:

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue today?

Did internet connection test  

obtain IP address succeeded

Internet connection succeeded 

PSN Failed

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I am having no problem signing in to PSN with my PS3 today. Have you reached out to PlayStation Support about your problem?

PlayStation support as far as I can tell does not deal with the PS3 any longer. Only consoles list are PS4 and PS5 in support

15 minutes ago, Semper-FI_Guy said:

Did internet connection test  

obtain IP address succeeded

Internet connection succeeded 

PSN Failed

PlayStation support as far as I can tell does not deal with the PS3 any longer. Only consoles list are PS4 and PS5 in support

Support will most certainly troubleshoot PS3 connection issues. 

Is your ISP blocking connection to PSN? Did you try changing your DNS to get around your ISP?

24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Support will most certainly troubleshoot PS3 connection issues. 

Is your ISP blocking connection to PSN? Did you try changing your DNS to get around your ISP?

I haven't changed anything in settings. I have att fiber and always have the same ip. Do not know what I would change the DNS to? Auto has always worked fine. I have changed my password 3 times to no avail. No clue.