The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

As excited as I am for this news, I really wish Capcom would stop being so anti-physical in the West. Hopefully the Japanese PS4 physical has English like the trilogy did, since I'm gonna have to import no matter what (the Switch physical is also American only), I'd prefer getting the PS4 version physically over the Switch one (cause ya know, trophies and what not).

Fingers crossed they might also port the second trilogy (AJ, DD, SOJ) to PS4/PS5/Switch at some point, as well as perhaps the Edgeworth games (though I doubt a lot more on those ones).

46 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

If I understand correctly, this is a story that takes before the Ace Attorney Trilogy? Completely different cases?

I have only just started playing the Trilogy so I have no idea.

Different time period. The Great Ace Attorney main character is an ancestor of Naruhodou Ryuuichi (a.k.a. Phoenix Wright).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a few more days to go! I was hoping it came out today but I think it's slated for Tuesday coming up. Can't wait to play more Ace Attorney! I hope they bring over more of the DS ones as well eventually, especially the Miles Edgeworth Investigations games!

• 2 years later...
On 2/18/2024 at 7:40 PM, Eraezr said:

I'm on Case 3 (first game) and I'm not enjoying it as much as the original trilogy. Does it get better?

I played Apollo Justice when it first came out and it was definitely not as good as the first 3 games. Although one thing I noticed with both Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies (which I just finished for the first time) is that the later cases tie together the story from earlier cases, which in turn makes the endings more exciting! 

I have yet to play Spirit of Justice but having never played it or Dual Destinies before, I find the new experiences fun!

Edit: oh crap I posted on the wrong Ace Attorney page 🤦‍♂️ sorry! I got a notification about this page and I thought it was from the latest game to release!

Yeah as for this game, I did not enjoy it at all. I mean I still love the entire series but I found the cases not as fun as the mainstream games!

Edited by Jerry_Appleby
  • Confused 1