Trophy Thoughts?

Compared to the original Gestalt's trophy list:

New trophies:

Spoiler

Gratitude - You gave Louise's letter to the postman.

Dear Diary - You completed the "Recycled World" quest.

e8a898e686b6e382b5e383bce38390e383bc (記憶サーバー) - e38392e382abe383aae382ace3839fe382a8e383ab (ヒカリガミエル) [Ending E?]

The Little Mermaid - You defeated Louise within five minutes.

Daredevil - You risked life and limb 10 times to discover someone's secret.

Changed trophies:

Spoiler

Forging Master - 30 weapons increased to 33

King of the Lost Shrine - Time limit increased from 2:30 to 3:20

Permission Granted - Time limit increased from 2:30 to 3:00

The Once and Final King - Time limit increased from 3:30 to 4:20

Hopefully the 3 new weapons don't make the material farm much worse.

• Like 4

I am a bit scared about the farming thing. Those of us who have platinumed Gestalt on ps3 know the pain of farming in this game. Also, the flower thing scares me a lot as well. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as the ps3 version. Or they will allow us at least to manipulate time from the ps5 settings. Otherwise, I'm not waiting for weeks for a freaking flower. 

• Like 2

I didn't particularly like what I saw in relation to the (comparative) original, the original looks much more alive and full of personality graphically speaking, but I may be mistaken; looking at some old concept art from the first game, the look of this remastered/remake looks a lot like them. So my guess is that nothing is by chance, maybe due to a limitation of the time it was not possible to reproduce what they would like, so now would be the time for that. Only thoughts.

It seems fairly simple but grindy? I suppose the time-limited trophies could be done with some sort of NG+/chapter select where you can battle the enemies with upgraded gear? That would leave those trophies to upgrade the weapons and such which could take some time.

• Like 1

To lend my voice to those above me, if the grind is as bad as it was on the ps3 and we can't mess with the clock, then this plat is going to be unrelentingly grindy. Nier on ps3 was maybe the worst grind I ever did in my life for a plat. And if you can buy the trophies I'm gonna skip the game altogether 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fr_0zt said:

But can we buy trophies? Really liked that feature. 1f602.png

it actually was a good thing i think as well for one specific reason, it took out the stupid grind. Especially when you consider that some of them were just dull and useless in terms of narration and story. And before someone starts to complain, I think I've spent more time with NieR than 90% of other players. I did the plat twice, finished all quests upside down, and I wrote an essay about the philosophical reference for my education in university. For me NieR Automata was the deepest and most demanding game in the last century and it will always be one of the best video games overall in history for me. 

• Like 1

I'm mainly comparing this to Automata's trophies and honestly, they look pretty good! I think the time-sensitive trophies can be fun, I've warmed up to those kinds of trophies recently and as long as the combat is fun it should be a good challenge. Also, gotta love multiple endings <3 Hahaha and who doesn't love fishing?! 

Overall, seems a bit grindy but should be a good platinum for the cabinet. 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeygjr007 said:

I'm mainly comparing this to Automata's trophies and honestly, they look pretty good! I think the time-sensitive trophies can be fun, I've warmed up to those kinds of trophies recently and as long as the combat is fun it should be a good challenge. Also, gotta love multiple endings <3 Hahaha and who doesn't love fishing?! 

Overall, seems a bit grindy but should be a good platinum for the cabinet. 

Have you played the original? 

3 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

it actually was a good thing i think as well for one specific reason, it took out the stupid grind. Especially when you consider that some of them were just dull and useless in terms of narration and story. And before someone starts to complain, I think I've spent more time with NieR than 90% of other players. I did the plat twice, finished all quests upside down, and I wrote an essay about the philosophical reference for my education in university. For me NieR Automata was the deepest and most demanding game in the last century and it will always be one of the best video games overall in history for me. 

You know what's funny to me about Automata? That even though you can buy the plat really easily, it still only has a 30% plat rate lol, I'd just expect higher. Buying the trophies is still really gross to me but 30% is kind of low when you can do that

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

You know what's funny to me about Automata? That even though you can buy the plat really easily, it still only has a 30% plat rate lol, I'd just expect higher. Buying the trophies is still really gross to me but 30% is kind of low when you can do that

I think the buy the platinum only unlocked after you finished the game if I recall (more than Route A, maybe had to finish Route B and C but might be wrong), and so I'm not surprised if the platinum was lower since most people did not probably bother to get through other routes.

Just now, jackill1329 said:

I think the buy the platinum only unlocked after you finished the game if I recall (more than Route A, maybe had to finish Route B and C but might be wrong), and so I'm not surprised if the platinum was lower since most people did not probably bother to get through other routes.

I just thought you had to beat it once, but I got the plat whenever the game came out and didn't buy the trophies so I could obviously be wrong

9 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I haven't! I kindof missed the boat on the original and then came in with Automata, which I think a lot of people are going to be doing! Yeah I would think the plat rate would be higher too especially because it's such a unique game and a fun one to play. More people need to dive into the weirdness lol