Trophy Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I just thought you had to beat it once, but I got the plat whenever the game came out and didn't buy the trophies so I could obviously be wrong

I couldn't remember either, and I remember earning mine by just doing everything, so I looked it up. According to Playstationtrophies.org you do need to finish all 3 routes. 

You Can Buy Trophies in Nier Automata

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackill1329 said:

I couldn't remember either, and I remember earning mine by just doing everything, so I looked it up. According to Playstationtrophies.org you do need to finish all 3 routes. 

You Can Buy Trophies in Nier Automata

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Still a bad feature but I'm glad it required at least that

10 minutes ago, Gummibug said:

I don't know if I'll plat it a second time - it depends on the grind and gardening and if they tweaked it to make it less frustrating 

exactly my thoughts. the ps3 platinum was one of the worst platinum trophies I've done. Way too much wasted time gathering materials. way too much time wasted on the flower.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lassandradixon said:

exactly my thoughts. the ps3 platinum was one of the worst platinum trophies I've done. Way too much wasted time gathering materials. way too much time wasted on the flower.

And the combat was really unimpressive. God, the grinding in that desert spot if that's not too vague... That is legitimately BURNED into my brain. But for all the grinding, if the gameplay was more engaging it would have been at least just that much more acceptable. It was the music and the story that made the game so good, but the platinum experience was truly awful.

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

Forging Master - 30 weapons increased to 33

Hopefully the 3 new weapons don't make the material farm much worse.

Someone on /r/nier pointed out that this trophy was likely increased to include the 3 weapons from the Recycled World DLC. Assuming nothing's changed, farming Damascus Steel to upgrade those shouldn't add too much time to the rest of the grind.

44 minutes ago, shenl742 said:

I'm desperately hoping drop rates and gardening are more forgiving in this version

Or a "trophy shop" so you can skip all that boring grind? I wouldn't be surprised if this version had one. ?

I am sure there is surprise awaiting us. who knows even trophy shop will be there if your cleared 4 endings. (5th one is pretty much mystery for everyone now) 

I personally hope Ending E has a boss that subvert expectation again. :D

PS. I personally hate speedrun trophy in this kind of game that suppose to take time and enjoy its atmosphere / pacing to it fullest and was kinda hope they cut it out.

Edited by FielVeredus

Was really hoping Lightspeed Fighter wouldn't come back, although it isn't too bad. Depending on how the new piece of content is integrated into the plot, the speed run shouldn't take longer than 10 hours if playing on easy, skipping cutscenes, etc.

Definitely not looking forward to material grinding again. Cultivation I can tolerate somehow, but those drop rates are beyond frustrating.

I plated the ps3 version a few years ago, and I loved it a lot. Even the grind for materials wasn't too bad for me, I did worse than that.

And from what I can remember, the speedrun trophies were a piece of cake since in ng+ you're so powerful you basically kill all bosses in less than a minute.

I can't wait to play this new version. I never buy games at release but with this one I'll make an exception ^^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RuancarloSilva said:

I received an early copy for review. It's the same grind of PS3 version. Good luck. Don't even bother about time limit trophies, most of them are basically automatic and i played on Normal with a Level 2 weapon. 

Looks like I'll be waiting for a sale 

• Like 1

You upgraded 33 weapons to their maximum level.

Here we go again. I really hope they tweaked the drop rates of some of the upgrade materials, because this was one of the most mind-numbing grinds I have ever experienced. I think it took me like 7 hours to get 2 subdued bracelets from the flying shades in the desert area.

• Like 2

Deep sigh...

So based on the description and the trophy image, people are speculating that the Daredevil trophy is a repeat of the "try to look of 2B's skirt" trophy from Automata.  Only with Kaine.

If you know what Kaine's "secret" is though...this comes across as really gross and problematic if it's true...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, shenl742 said:

Deep sigh...

So based on the description and the trophy image, people are speculating that the Daredevil trophy is a repeat of the "try to look of 2B's skirt" trophy from Automata.  Only with Kaine.

If you know what Kaine's "secret" is though...this comes across as really gross and problematic if it's true...

Oh no, the poor pixels.

I've seen mention of it not being that whatsoever and it's actually about kaine growing lunar tears you have to find.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, shenl742 said:

Deep sigh...

I was racking my brain to think of what that one could mean, but with that trophy image... yeah, that's a yikes and a half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

It was the music and the story that made the game so good, but the platinum experience was truly awful.

I was okay with the gameplay itself but it definitely didn't help with the platinum experience. As you said, truly awful. The farming at the beach for the pearls or whatever it was, the forlorn necklaces, the wolves in the desert. I still have PTSD from the thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xylobe said:

Hide contents

Describing an intersex character's genitals as a secret to discover is in astoundingly poor taste. I hope I don't need to explain why.

You probably need to, because again, I don't see how it is any different from pushing people to look up someone's skirt just to earn an achievement. There's a whole lot of crass and dumb achievements out there, who cares - much a fuss about nothing. For what it is worth, that aspect was pretty much just backstory and character itself. Hell, one story in Grimoire Nier relating to Kainé was already so bizarre that you really can't get any more crass than that. If my memory serves me correctly of course

Spoiler

As I recall, it had Kainé literally jacking off while a guest of hers just watched in horror - or something to that degree.

(Besides - this could be about Lunar Tears like monteblommie said above)

• Like 2