Trophy Thoughts?

This comes with the dlc, which should cut down on material farming. Speedrun trophies are easy enough during ng+ so you can take your time on the first run. Anyway that flower is gonna be a real pain unless we can change the system clock for it.

5 minutes ago, jlojlo1 said:

I already received the game :

Hide contents

- Grind is as bas as the original

- you can't tweak the clock anymore so getting the flower needs more than a week at least

- no trophy shop

- 5 playthrough required for platinum

https://www.powerpyx.com/nier-replicant-2021-moonflower-cultivation-guide/

You can do the flower in 4 days, but that's as fast as will allow because you can't change the clock in the same manner. 

• Like 1

Very excited about there being a 5th ending!

Also kinda hoping they rebalanced item drops so the grind isn't as painful as the original...

By the way, as I wrote the trophy guide for the original NieR Gestalt, and most trophies are the same, I'd love to carry over what we already have and collab with someone on writing the Remake's trophy guide? PM me if anyone's interested!

2 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Very excited about there being a 5th ending!

Also kinda hoping they rebalanced item drops so the grind isn't as painful as the original...

By the way, as I wrote the trophy guide for the original NieR Gestalt, and most trophies are the same, I'd love to carry over what we already have and collab with someone on writing the Remake's trophy guide? PM me if anyone's interested!

Would moral support be enough to get my name on the guide ?

15 minutes ago, Gage said:

I'm working on it, I'll have the Ending E thing figured out today lol 

Spoiler

Maybe, it's just that you did not have the time to complete the section in your guide, but the trophy the strongest bond is the speedrun of the route C/D final boss ^^

Mostly worried about the time limit trophies... but never played a NieR game before so dunno how hard those fights are... (just played a bit of Drakengard 3) but if NG+ is available hopefully it won’t be too bad... personally I don’t mind grindy trophies, just time limits is something I have a hard time with...

Anyone know if there’s a difficulty setting in this game thou? Might make those time limit ones easier

31 minutes ago, Tathie_Tath said:

Mostly worried about the time limit trophies... but never played a NieR game before so dunno how hard those fights are... (just played a bit of Drakengard 3) but if NG+ is available hopefully it won’t be too bad... personally I don’t mind grindy trophies, just time limits is something I have a hard time with...

Anyone know if there’s a difficulty setting in this game thou? Might make those time limit ones easier

Those trophies were incredibly easy to get in the original game. Unless they completely rebalanced the boss fights, there's nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Boss speedruns are the same as the original, just do them on the Ending C playthrough because there's no new cutscenes or dialogue during the bosses and they all have the same health so go down extremely fast. 

The only one that isn't like that is the new story boss from the "Little Mermaid" content. You can't do the speedrun for that until the Ending C playthrough because the boss fight changes after you've completed Ending B. It's not possible to do under 5 minutes on the first two playthroughs because of how it's set up. 

I never had the chance to play the original so I'm really looking forward to playing it as I love Automata and currently replaying it.  I can't really say much for the trophy list from experience but by reading through the PowerPyx guide, it's looks like a fun one. The posts about bad rng drops, flower growing and time limit runs do wory me but hoping I can do it!

28 minutes ago, Gage said:

Boss speedruns are the same as the original, just do them on the Ending C playthrough because there's no new cutscenes or dialogue during the bosses and they all have the same health so go down extremely fast. 

The only one that isn't like that is the new story boss from the "Little Mermaid" content. You can't do the speedrun for that until the Ending C playthrough because the boss fight changes after you've completed Ending B. It's not possible to do under 5 minutes on the first two playthroughs because of how it's set up. 

Are you powerpyx?

I had a dreaded wonderful and very lively feeling they would have kept the flower trophy in. I didn't intend to start the game very soon but since I know that's there I may as well just "start" it and then plant a flower every day while playing other games since I don't really feel like messing around with the system clock and all that other stuff.

That said, I'm still glad I'll get to play this since I didn't play the original.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I had a dreaded wonderful and very lively feeling they would have kept the flower trophy in. I didn't intend to start the game very soon but since I know that's there I may as well just "start" it and then plant a flower every day while playing other games since I don't really feel like messing around with the system clock and all that other stuff.

That said, I'm still glad I'll get to play this since I didn't play the original.

I don't think we can mess with the ps4 clock can we? I think we all have to be actual florists

• Like 1