Trophy Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I don't think we can mess with the ps4 clock can we? I think we all have to be actual florists

I guess there is that way of changing the region and timezone like the link mentions above but I don't really want to do that since I'm not a fan of doing that kind of thing anyway.

But that's okay, a Platinum isn't earned without a bit of labor! And what better labor is there than tending to your crops to bear fruit of that hard work after a while? As a wise man once said:

work.jpg

• Like 3

Explanation of how Ending E works in spoiler:

Spoiler

After Ending D ALL your saves are deleted like the original, then you need to start a new playthrough. 

During the new playthrough the story automatically diverges midway through Part One, and you are automatically on the Ending E path. 

Daredevil is done during the Ending E path. 

At the end of Ending E you are given a Yes/No choice, and are required to pick Yes to complete the ending. 

When you do this choice, you then are given back your deleted Ending D save at the last save point (if you had multiple you only get the one back, not all of them). 

You  guys really spoil yourselves every game before even playing it because of the trophies? Even in this case, which is a remaster/remake, Yoko Taro said after the first original Nier that if he made a sequel it would be "something everyone will hate", well, of course he thinks that for every game yet he does one masterpiece after the other, what I mean is that if he changes the final ending or anything else the trophies will spoil it.

I personally always been a completionist, but that's because I love the games in the first place, among my favorite genres there's fightning games and shmups which I know for the most hardcore ones I won't pass a 10 or 20% completion, but that won't make me not playing and having them on my main profile. I always see these posts, but with Nier called my attention especially to see people read the trophies since it's a really special story for me.

Even when the site is focused on trophies I don't see the point of people playing or completing a game if they don't like or enjoy it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YonahFuriae said:

I personally always been a completionist, but that's because I love the games in the first place, among my favorite genres there's fightning games and shmups which I know for the most hardcore ones I won't pass a 10 or 20% completion, but that won't make me not playing and having them on my main profile. I always see these posts, but with Nier called my attention especially to see people read the trophies since it's a really special story for me.

So you're a completionist who doesn't complete games and has a 57% completion rate?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gage said:

Explanation of how Ending E works in spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

After Ending D ALL your saves are deleted like the original, then you need to start a new playthrough. 

During the new playthrough the story automatically diverges midway through Part One, and you are automatically on the Ending E path. 

Daredevil is done during the Ending E path. 

At the end of Ending E you are given a Yes/No choice, and are required to pick Yes to complete the ending. 

When you do this choice, you then are given back your deleted Ending D save at the last save point (if you had multiple you only get the one back, not all of them). 

Does Ending E indicate a possible sequel? 

13 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Those trophies were incredibly easy to get in the original game. Unless they completely rebalanced the boss fights, there's nothing to worry about.

Ahh that’s good to know at least :P I’ll go for it either way as I preordered the game weeks ago

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

But you need speerun from scratch everytime no? 

You mean on every ending playthrough? No, you just need to achieve the boss speedrun only 1 time, and like Gage mentioned, it's optimal to do so on 3rd play (i.e Branch C). It's been a while, but I believe the character & weapon levels carry through on NG+, provided that you do the weapons upgrades especially.

they freaking still brought back that stupid trophy Legendary Gardner, I remember when I played the ps3 version years ago I couldn't get that dumb flower to shows up even after following multiple guides and solutions online, and they also brought back the fishing ones too.

used to like fishing mini games in RPG's or in gaming in general, no joke but NieR on the ps3 is the no.1 main reason why I hated fishing in video games for good ever since, big the cat fishing gameplay in sonic adventure is still up there but this one have taken the first place with pride.

as much as how I love RPG's especially the real time action ones but I remember i hated NieR on the ps3 especially when it throws the last brick straight to my face after it deleted my progress as a part of the game's features, so I think i'm gonna pass on this one too, I don't want to remember those cursed memories ever again.

3 hours ago, SaucyBrotato said:

Any chance they added a trophy/achievement merchant in this one like in Automata?  80 hours of farming super rare materials (RNG hated me) for the upgraded weapons in the PS3 version has really put me off wanting to do this all again xD 

2 hours ago, Lianco said:

Can you buy them like in Automata LOL

Early feedback seems to be that no, they haven’t added a trophy shop. We’re gonna have to learn to be grinders and gardeners (all over again, in some cases)