Trophy Leeching

PuRiZo-_-

Im Pretty new to the Scene and Community and asked myself if i should support "trophy leeching" (Dunno if it even exists) or not.

Means People do not even try any effort for something and want u to do it for them.

I mean, for me im a helpful player, but if people e.g. didnt even play the game once themselves and ask ppl for helping them via Shareplay, should i take it as a troll or real leeching, or should i still try to help ?

For me its more of the moralic shit, if i played 1000's of hours, why just donate to s.o. without any effort. (1000h work vs "let them do it for me")

How are things taken up in here ? 

Im Asking since everybody here was allways helpfull, but i never really requested something (Latest plat i needed help with, MGS: Peacewalker rathalos wing drop, when i was added to get the weapon drop, i dropped it myself and got the plat with that drop, but it was like 2% and 1 Trophy to get the game done). I Got added, had it allready, but this trophy is pretty luck based.

For Having a Contrast, Would you play in ppls plats in games like SMB just when requested, or just when they might miss 1 trophy ?

Greets guys :)

As i said, im pretty new to the trophy hunting community and started around last year.

• Like 1

I think your naming of the activity "leeching" gives away how you feel about it.

Shareplay sessions are allowed in Boosting Sessions here. I think painting it with a broad brush isn't helpful for having discourse about it.

I don't see Shareplay being any different than boosting with someone and letting them kill you dozens or hundreds of times for a trophy requirement. Someone did the thing that makes the picture show up. No different than my son asking me to take the controller to get up to the golden badges in Paw Patrol. I wouldn't refer to him as leech.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I think your naming of the activity "leeching" gives away how you feel about it.

Shareplay sessions are allowed in Boosting Sessions here. I think painting it with a broad brush isn't helpful for having discourse about it.

I don't see Shareplay being any different than boosting with someone and letting them kill you dozens or hundreds of times for a trophy requirement. Someone did the thing that makes the picture show up. No different than my son asking me to take the controller to get up to the golden badges in Paw Patrol. I wouldn't refer to him as leech.

Good point, but thats what i mean. As u say, i would think your son at least tried it by himself, thats what im talking about.

There is a lot that has to be done before you are even able to do the next step.

So basicly a question about if someone requests getting 100% of collectibles trophy and doesnt even have 25% trophy earned himself.

Is it just a moralic thing or is it someone who does not even want to give it a shot ?

2 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I don't like people letting others do the work for them, but boosting (even if someone is carrying your ass, like a baby), is fine. Just as long as you do your best and put in the work. Help is fine, but letting someone ACTUALLY do the work, and you doing NOTHING, that's crap...

Totally agreed. My philosophy is that if the controller is in your hands when the trophy pops on screen, then you've earned it. How you got there is not important as long as direct cheating wasn't involved.

• Like 4

When I saw the concept, “trophy leeching”, I thought this might be referring to a different phenomenon other than SharePlay sessions.

Particularly, there have been games where I have played online with other players, and got said difficult trophies because their superior skill sets carried our team. Had I done it alone or with more casual players, I would have been unsuccessful. That’s leeching to me - not letting someone do something for you entirely that you didn’t earn, but you’re clearly sucking off their talent to get the achievement and nonetheless still a part of the game.

Take my Magika 2 platinum recently: There are a couple world class players still left there who I played with several times on Bananas Difficulty and had they not been present, I would have just been demolished on some of the challenges and story missions. I certainly had a role in the game, primarily to revive, and I played the game to the best of my abilities, but I leeched on their talent, at times quite heavily.

To me, that is part of the “hunt”. Finding that community and teaming up strategically. And it’s reciprocal, I’ve let people leech on me too. I’m fine with it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

When I saw the concept, “trophy leeching”, I thought this might be referring to a different phenomenon other than SharePlay sessions.

Particularly, there have been games where I have played online with other players, and got said difficult trophies because their superior skill sets carried our team. Had I done it alone or with more casual players, I would have been unsuccessful. That’s leeching to me - not letting someone do something for you entirely that you didn’t earn, but you’re clearly sucking off their talent to get the achievement and nonetheless still a part of the game.

Take my Magika 2 platinum recently: There are a couple world class players still left there who I played with several times on Bananas Difficulty and had they not been present, I would have just been demolished on some of the challenges and story missions. I certainly had a role in the game, primarily to revive, and I played the game to the best of my abilities, but I leeched on their talent, at times quite heavily.

To me, that is part of the “hunt”. Finding that community and teaming up strategically. And it’s reciprocal, I’ve let people leech on me too. I’m fine with it. 

I can follow you on this. As long as you do the work, and play a part in the win, it doesn't matter (in my world), if you are the "star of the team"... I mean, look at football. There are some Real Madrid players that would not have won any trophies without Ronaldo on the team. As long as you are part of the win, and do your part, you deserve the trophy :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

As others allready said, beeing Part of achieving something, doesnt matter what roll.

If u play the healer cause others do better in any other class its totally fine, since u take your roll and help :).

Was just about really not putting any effort. Playing in Coop getting Carried is still playing and trying to do something.

• Like 1

I'm not going to say boosting is any form of cheating because in most cases it's not. When you're playing older games with multiplayer, boosting is generally the only real means to earn those trophies.

I just did Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag with some people who were boosting the trophies, everything went as expected. That to me is perfectly fine.

Leeching in my opinion is having someone shareplay for example The Gauntlet trophy in Titanfall 2, or Brutality 101 in Batman: Arkham Knight. Both of these are skill intensive, but it just boggles me how many people try to shareplay a session just for those two trophies alone. If you don't have the skill and don't have the patience to put in the time and practice yourself, then you don't deserve those trophies. You're letting someone else do all the work for you, which is definitely the case for both The Gauntlet and Brutality 101.

• Like 3