Successfully purchased game in 2021 (Delisting work around)

J_S_R_C_N

Damn... Seeing a post about this game brings me so many good memories, Fat Princess was my favorite PSN game ever created for PS3, I played that damn game a ridiculously amount of hours, probably spent the same hours on it as the ones I spent in GTA games.. I will never forgive myself for not being able to achieve 100%, but the arena trophy was too damn hard. When Fat Princess Adventures came out on PS4 I immediately bought it but I was extremely disappointed about it not having a multiplayer competitive mode like the first one... I didn't know there was a glitch on this while trying to buy it, it's cool that you found out a solution! 

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

On 21/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, enaysoft said:

What I really hate about delistings is that people who bought the game can download said dellisted game at any time. So all the games still exist.

In other words, whether it be OutRun, or Afterburner, doesn't matter at all, every single person in the entire world is just one click away from getting a valid download link and downloading any of these delisted games on the servers where they constantly remain, even right now.

Many old demos on the PS3 were actually the full games locked by a 100kb file and it's interesting that you can still unlock them today.

So close and yet, so far away

And why do you hate that? If developers and publishers delist the game they no longer have profit from it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, J_S_R_C_N said:

I just discovered a work around and was able to purchase and download the base game to my PS3! It is fairly circumstantial but it does work. There are probably only a few of us who care but I thought I would share to potentially help those like myself. Like I said this is circumstantial, so the work around won’t work for everybody.

If you downloaded the demo when it was still available you will be able to purchase the full game for $7.49. The demo is still available to redownload through your downloads list. Once in the demo, press start, then select the menu option “twiddly knobs”. It should be the last option. Inside the sub menu there will be another option titled “fat downloads”. This should also be the last option. Click on it and it will ask if you want to quit the game and go to the PlayStation store. Confirm yes and there you go! It opens up a page to purchase the full game! Note: I was not able to purchase the game out right with the credit card I have on file. I had to exit out, enter the store like normal through the xmb, and add funds to my wallet. So as long as you add funds to your wallet and have the demo you will be able to purchase and download the full game! 

Unfortunately the link only has the full game and not the dlc. Personally though, I’m excited to have to full game in its original form. And for only seven bucks! Hope this helps others like minded individuals. 

Question! I'm seeing on here that you need to be online for some of these. Is that still actually doable? Or do you need to have a friend over with additional controller? O.o friend has both game and the dlc so debating...

• Like 1

Not personally interested in this game, but that’s interesting and makes me wish there were work-arounds for other delisted games (in my case Magrunner). I never downloaded a demo for it though-only found out it even existed a few mounts ago-don’t know if it even had a demo. 

I know two years back the devs of Magrunner were attempting to get it back on the store (it got delisted due to their publisher being shitty) but I guess it wasn’t possible or they gave up. Of course, can’t blame them if they were working on it and stopped due to the “PS3 Store shutdown” disaster. 

• 2 months later...

I've always wanted to play and own this game and I've been disappointed that it was delisted.  Trophies or not I would love to get a copy of the game.   Isn't there still a disc version you can buy with Portal or PSN favorites or something?

Edited by LegendExeter

19 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I've always wanted to play and own this game and I've been disappointed that it was delisted.  Trophies or not I would love to get a copy of the game.   Isn't there still a disc version you can buy with Portal or PSN favorites or something?

AxX9xKU=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

It's sadly very pricey at this point.

27 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

You can, it costs around 60 USD

81yHPi-N-WL._SL1500_.jpg

12 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can, it costs around 60 USD

81yHPi-N-WL._SL1500_.jpg

I might take the plunge I really loved the concept of the game so much and the comical artwork.  Thanks that's what I had found on Amazon I'm just not interested in the other games.  Don't know why it got delisted.  Probably fat people were offended.  I have dad bod and I'm not offended lol

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:19 AM, Yunakia said:

Question! I'm seeing on here that you need to be online for some of these. Is that still actually doable? Or do you need to have a friend over with additional controller? O.o friend has both game and the dlc so debating...

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.  I seen someone get trophies for it a few weeks ago that said they were "online", yet are the servers still open for this game or is it local multiplayer or what?

23 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.  I seen someone get trophies for it a few weeks ago that said they were "online", yet are the servers still open for this game or is it local multiplayer or what?

A couple of those were me on alts and I can confirm that at least as of last month everything was obtainable.  The problem is, I bought the game years ago so it was still available for download.  Not sure if the Fat Roles DLC is even available anywhere (not sure if it's included on the disc version either), so you'd have to know someone that owns it to get it loaded up.

But yeah, if you can find a way to install it, the multiplayer still works.  Might want a real good friend or 2 consoles, though, I never met anyone else the whole time I was playing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

A couple of those were me on alts and I can confirm that at least as of last month everything was obtainable.  The problem is, I bought the game years ago so it was still available for download.  Not sure if the Fat Roles DLC is even available anywhere (not sure if it's included on the disc version either), so you'd have to know someone that owns it to get it loaded up.

But yeah, if you can find a way to install it, the multiplayer still works.  Might want a real good friend or 2 consoles, though, I never met anyone else the whole time I was playing.

Am I going to need 2 copies of the game, assuming I get the disc version as I did not have the demo from back in the day?

Or can I install the game from the disc onto 1 PS3, and take the game disc to another PS3 I have for multiplayer?

2 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Am I going to need 2 copies of the game, assuming I get the disc version as I did not have the demo from back in the day?

Or can I install the game from the disc onto 1 PS3, and take the game disc to another PS3 I have for multiplayer?

The PS3 will still need the disc to launch the game, so you would need 2 copies of the physical game.

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you need 2 people to play online at all.   The game will populate with AI whatever slots aren't full, or you can set it to private and play alone anyway.  I think I just used 2 consoles for certain trophies (like killing Ninjas with Pirates), but I played most of it with just one console.  As long as you don't care about 100%, you should still be able to enjoy the game with just the one disc.

And BTW, it is a pretty fun game as long as you're not trying to clear the arena :)

Edited by FeelTheCosmos
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you need 2 people to play online at all.   The game will populate with AI whatever slots aren't full, or you can set it to private and play alone anyway.  I think I just used 2 consoles for certain trophies (like killing Ninjas with Pirates), but I played most of it with just one console.  As long as you don't care about 100%, you should still be able to enjoy the game with just the one disc.

And BTW, it is a pretty fun game as long as you're not trying to clear the arena :)

Getting the 100% isn't necessary, yet if all the trophies are online and I can't get them, kind of pointless to go for the trophies to get like 2 offline trophies total.

If I can play private against the AI that's cool, as long as it works for the base game trophies that are online than i'm down with that.

• 10 months later...

I was looking around on some PS3 stores and on the UK store, a digital version of this “Best of PSN Vol. 1 collection” (no dlc of course) is available for £24.99. So I didn’t have to pay $100+ for that disc after all TwT

I wasn’t even seeking this specifically. I just went into the store scrolling down the “All Games” view. Pretty surprising find to say the least, among others on JP and HK stores.

• Like 3