Any significant tips on the "Explorer" trophy (DLC)?

Hello there.

I've obtained all but this one trophy of Jimmy's Vendetta DLC - yes, even the "Millionaire" trophy... The you-know-what glitch helped me with this one, however, this glitch isn't a good solution to obtain 1000 miles (1600 km) as the progress is being made too slow... 

So here comes my question - are there any significantly worth tips on that trophy? Any good solution? It seems to be ridiculous and pathetic sitting, staring at a TV, and driving for a couple of hours...

How did you folks obtain this trophy? Please share your solutions.

• Like 1

Have done this both in PS3 and PS4, the best way to this is the flying out of bounds glitch as seen in this video: 

While doing this i recommend you hold the accelerate button with something (rubberband its probably the best option), you will still get miles counted if you dont, but its way way slower. However even if you are still doing the glitch, it will take a long time to get there(around maybe 2-3 days depending on how much you let the ps4 run off), so when you want to turn off your console, go to options and change any setting(subtitles is the best one to go for), this will make the game save, so you can restart checkpoint, spawn at your house and save the game there to keep all the progress. I recommend doing this every 1.100.000 points you hit, because this game tends to crash a lot, especially if you are in the high numbers like 4.000.000.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

It's much slower with the glitch. Just drive around the highway and save after every 5 laps. 5 laps are around 25-30 miles.

Yep it's slower, BUT you can just leave it and do something else ! That's the point of this method :) 

Bykovsky7 asked for a less boring method, that's the only one i know for this ^^

I have used the glitch for "Millionaire" trophy, as I mentioned in my first post. The first time, the game froze on about 850k points... On my second attempt it went fine, the trophy earned, but I'm afraid it will glitch more times if I will try to put the game on AFK to obtain the "Explorer" trophy...

I just wanted to ask whether there are any other solutions, except using a glitch or driving around the map...

There aren't. You could've mix a little bit of driving and some missions in between but as this is your last trophy it will be a long and boring grind. This is probably the most boring and stupid dlc with trophies in all gaming.

I tried doing it the glitch way but every time I tried it just crashed my game. I put on Spotify and just drove round the map constantly. The most boring trophy I’ve ever done. Get a fast car that handles well and fully modify it and just get it over with. I personally did a couple of hours of pure driving every day until it popped

• Like 1

You could just go to that huge 2 lane bridge with a fast car and just do laps on it carefully so u don't smash into other cars it seems to rack up miles alot faster than just lapping the whole map but you will still be doing this for a long while but not nearly aslong as the falling glitch cause this way you can speed

Here the fastest way.

- Go to the 2 lane bridge and do laps. There is a station on the left and a garage on the right if necessary.

- Use the glitch. The glitch is luke in fact. If you're lucky, the front of your car need to be down to the map. It incrases a lot more the miles.

I did it right now and it's 5/10 miles every 50 000 points.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LukaLaurent said:

Back when I played the PS2 version I just lapped the map - I put some music or a TV show playing on my laptop and just drove. Not at all a fast method, but at least I distracted myself from the boredom, lol.

The thing is that you need to be focused on driving to prevent hitting the obstacles... 

On 22/04/2021 at 10:35 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

You could just go to that huge 2 lane bridge with a fast car and just do laps on it carefully so u don't smash into other cars it seems to rack up miles alot faster than just lapping the whole map but you will still be doing this for a long while but not nearly aslong as the falling glitch cause this way you can speed

This is the best way to do it but I found driving around the map a bit less boring 

Okay, this is the very last trophy of Mafia 2 DE I need to obtain, I have 98% completion at the moment. 

So far I've driven 900 miles, mostly by driving around the map on the motorway, but occasionally leaving the game in a glitch, mainly when I had to bustle home.

An extra tip for you guys - My wife is helping me out, she's driven around 100 miles :D

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 1