hive grind

BigBossSkillz

Just got the plat, the hive trophy almost drove me insane after running the Elite ones over and over again for around 15 to 20h (felt more like 100h).

From my experience:

1. Standard Hives only appear from time to time, I suspect after you complete a regular mission they come back, but I haven't tested the theory to be sure

2. Elite and Mega Hives do count for the trophy as does Challenge I and doing it with multiple different characters

3. Be sure to play them Solo, with Matchmaking turned off. I played 100% of the game that way but a lot of people on forums reported doing it online only counts towards the trophy for the host of the session

4. Use a manual counter of your own, helps a lot with the stress of never knowing when it'll be your last one. I only started to count after doing a whole bunch of them, but the trophy popped with my count at 24 runs

5. And finally, Tundra Hive (Elite) was the one I was managing to get the best times, because most floors were only "Defeat all enemies" and only one or two of those stupid objectives like "Destroy all servers" etc

Hope this helps!

Edited by tiago_muller
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tiago_muller said:

Just got the plat, the hive trophy almost drove me insane after running the Elite ones over and over again for around 15 to 20h (felt more like 100h).

From my experience:

1. Standard Hives only appear from time to time, I suspect after you complete a regular mission they come back, but I haven't tested the theory to be sure

2. Elite and Mega Hives do count for the trophy as does Challenge I and doing it with multiple different characters

3. Be sure to play them Solo, with Matchmaking turned off. I played 100% of the game that way but a lot of people on forums reported doing it online only counts towards the trophy for the host of the session

4. Use a manual counter of your own, helps a lot with the stress of never knowing when it'll be your last one. I only started to count after doing a whole bunch of them, but the trophy popped with my count at 24 runs

5. And finally, Tundra Hive (Elite) was the one I was managing to get the best times, because most floors were only "Defeat all enemies" and only one or two of those stupid objectives like "Destroy all servers" etc

Hope this helps!

thanks for the info

Did you have any issues with the game crashing at the start of hives? i have only started to notice this the last few days.

14 hours ago, BigBossSkillz said:

thanks for the info

Did you have any issues with the game crashing at the start of hives? i have only started to notice this the last few days.

I did, to fix it I used to start another mission, complete the first objective and return to the quintet, although I’m not sure completing the objective was required, I did it just because it worked the first time I’ve tried. 

Edited by tiago_muller
  • Like 1

On 22/4/2021 at 0:35 PM, tiago_muller said:

From my experience:

Hope this helps!

So, the Tundra Hive (Elite) counts or not? I ask this beacause of this line: 2. Elite and Mega Hives do count for the trophy as does Challenge I and doing it with multiple different characters

On 2021-04-24 at 4:00 PM, alex21BKPS said:

So, the Tundra Hive (Elite) counts or not? I ask this beacause of this line: 2. Elite and Mega Hives do count for the trophy as does Challenge I and doing it with multiple different characters

Yep! They count for the trophy ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 2:28 AM, JunkSkelington said:

You have to quit to main menu after every hive to get them to reappear (yes, a bad/tedious trophy was made that much worse by then refusing to fix this)  

This doesn't work for me...I just get the same missions I had when I quit out. It just seems like the War Table is set into whatever it's showing and only changes in 10 minute intervals...and even then, the reload doesn't always change things either.

Edited by Viper