Playstation Now To Support 1080p Streaming

Cryogenicide_X

Source of the announcement and all the details they've given so far:

"PS Now will begin rolling out support for streaming 1080p capable games this week.

The rollout will occur over the next several weeks across Europe, US, Canada, and Japan, where PS Now is available."

Key points: "1080p capable games" and "where PS Now is available."

Hopefully that cuts off a LOT of incoming questions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

People can stream PS4 games too. Why would they? Maybe data caps, or lack of hard drive space and not wanting to delete a game for a new one without trying said new one first...

Yeah, I can't imagine why someone would choose to stream a PS4 game over downloading it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cryogenicide_X said:

Yeah, I can't imagine why someone would choose to stream a PS4 game over downloading it. 

For exactly those reasons I mentioned, lol.

I mean, I’m with you, only download them because neither data nor hard drive space (nor patience) is an issue for me. Not even on the smaller PS5 hard drive. But I can see why others might if they have a good enough internet connection to not have too many issues.

9 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

People can stream PS4 games too. Why would they? Maybe data caps, or lack of hard drive space and not wanting to delete a game for a new one without trying said new one first...

I don't have any of those issues, I was talking about me, not anyone else.

Hopefully they improve the PS3 quality too, because as is it feels like watching a badly compressed stream.

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Guess it's good for the select PS3 titles that are 1080p. Obviously more PS4 games are 1080p, but who actually streams downloadable titles?
It's a shame they haven't branched out to more regions, wonder how long it'll take before they're fully on Microsoft's X Cloud infrastructure.

Well, presumably people who play PS4 titles on PC, since it does have some of Playstation's quality exclusives available.

• Like 1