Lightspeed Fighter trophy - Questions and help

Which is the best way to approach it ?

Is it better to do a separate "skip everything" playthrough or is it achievable on a first normal playthorugh as long as we skip every sidequest/minigame/exploration ?

Or in order to finish under 15 hours it is still necessary to also skip every cutscene/story content ?

When does the timer actually runs ? Does it still run during cutscenes and even if you pause the game ?

What I was thinking of doing is the following:

1. starting a normal playthrough on a save slot (SAVE SLOT A), playing normally, watching cutscenes and completing every side quest of the first half of the game (since they become missable afterwards)
  2. reach the last boss of the first half of the game and create a new save file in another save slot (SAVE SLOT B ) from just before said "final" boss
  3. continue playing the second half of the game on SAVE SLOT A at my own pace, watching every cutscene, enjoying the story, getting the first ending and then saving at the beginning of second playthrough on SAVE SLOT A
  4. at this point temporarily abandon SAVE SLOT A and reload SAVE SLOT B, now skipping EVERYTHING and quickly rushing through the whole second half of the game which I have already played through normally and then unlock Lightspeed Fighter at the end
  5. now go back to SAVE SLOT A and keep playing through the second playthrough normally

Will this work ?

Do you think this is feasible or completing every side quest and watching all cutscenes during first half would in any case make it impossibile to achieve Lightspeed Figher ?

The game timer runs at all times in-game, even in cutscenes and while paused. 

What you're wanting to do is feasible (I was 10 minutes off doing it while working on some guide stuff) but I probably wouldn't recommend it if you've not played the game before because you won't actually know where to be going and what to do in Part One of the story. 

16 minutes ago, Gage said:

The game timer runs at all times in-game, even in cutscenes and while paused. 

What you're wanting to do is feasible (I was 10 minutes off doing it while working on some guide stuff) but I probably wouldn't recommend it if you've not played the game before because you won't actually know where to be going and what to do in Part One of the story. 

Thanks for the answer.

I played the original 11 years ago on X360, with almost 3 full playthroughs but without 100%ing it.

So in your opionion, even if I use a guide for the first half side quest, the best and fastest way to get the trophy is simply to do a separate dedicated playthrough (skipping everything) which should take about 7-8 hours ?

Edited by irriducibile87

13 minutes ago, irriducibile87 said:

Thanks for the answer.

I played the original 11 years ago on X360, with almost 3 full playthroughs but without 100%ing it.

So in your opionion, even if I use a guide for the first half side quest, the best and fastest way to get the trophy is simply to do a separate dedicated playthrough (skipping everything) which should take about 7-8 hours ?

If you've played the game before then you could do what you're saying and do everything in Part One if you wanted IMO. 

If you do a separate speedrun playthrough it should take like 5 - 6 hours max. 

• Like 2

I am going to play like this

*I was playing this long time ago so i don't think i remember anything

- Play at my own pace but skipping all sidequest that seems to take long time and not worth doing on first half while watching all cutscene normally
- On 2nd half play story at my own pace/all out exploration without touching much of sidequest / no skipping cutscene as well to get A ending (Do other leftover at B Branch later)

I believe with my own speed should be able to make it around that time pretty close enough.

So,

1. Is it safe to skip ALL sidequest on first half without skipping good item (Money reward or unmissable reward is ok to skip)
2. Can you give a "Safe" time for each important of story as reference so I can follow and measure myself properly. EG: reaching 2nd half

When I got the platinum for Nier PS3 I did the speedrun after ending D, thus after deleting all the saves and beginning with a fresh start.
Took me about 7 hours or less to complete, i breezed through that trophy at the end of everything.

I'm now going for the plat in Nier Replicant PS3 (the japanese one) and i got the speedrun first in around 13 hours (the forest of myth in japanese killed me), but doing that first made me skip all the side quests for the first half (that i think are the easiest ones)
You can still obtain the trophy for doing the 30 subquest in the second half of the game but I think they're more challenging

• Like 2

This trophy was the last I got on the original PS3 version. It took me about 7 hours not to do side missions, skipping all the videos and just completing main missions in easy mode.

If it is your first time, I recommend that you get this trophy when you have seen all the endings. For now, enjoy the game, which is a gem.

• Like 4

I played through Act 1 at a very casual pace: skipping little dialogue; completing 22 or 23 side quests, including fishing; killing 100 sheep for the Sheep Whisperer trophy; getting things set up for the Legendary Gardener trophy; and farming for several upgrade materials, including Black Pearls and Giant Eggs. I entered Act 2 at around 9:30 in-game time, and decided to blaze through it rather than do a dedicated speedrun playthrough. I skipped most dialogue and cutscenes, took some time to farm 2 more gold ore in the Aerie to upgrade my Phoenix Spear, spent about an hour farming Memory Alloy in the Junk Heap because I didn't realize the die-and-reload method counted towards the timer, and eventually finished the game at around 13:20 to earn the trophy.

Skipping the story of Act 2 in your first playthrough definitely isn't the best way to play the game, but cutting out material farming would save a good 2-3 hours over my time, and I expect that would leave enough time to earn the trophy without skipping story segments and without an upgraded weapon. Saving it for a dedicated second playthrough would probably still be better for new players unless you're trying to speedrun the platinum.

6 hours ago, SirWaWa said:

As far speed run trophies go, is this pretty stress free? Play on easy, skip all scenes, non-perfect play, semi-optimal pathing.

WR for the original game is around 3 hours. The time is extremely lenient, especially if you wanted to do it on a separate playthrough. You could stand around idling in-game for half the time limit and still make it. 

I did it on my first playthrough without having played the original before. By simply skipping all side quests and focusing on the main story, i was able to finish the playthrough in ~12 hours. I watched all cutscenes and read all dialogues. It is definitely not that hard.

The final stretch of the playthrough (after the last checkpoint to save your game) can be finished in roughly 30-40 minutes when you skip cutscenes. As long as you reach that last opportunity to save your game in ~14 hours or less, you could always reload that save to breeze through for the trophy. The game will inform you about that "point of no return".

The only drawback of that method would be that you miss out on the side quests that are only available in the first half of the game. But trophy-wise none of them are required and most side quests don't add to the story anyway. Most of the time they want you to "go there", "buy that", "kill this", "backtrack 20 times". On the other hand you save yourself 5-7 hours of repeated playtime.

Edited by proud2bNs

If you care about experiencing what the game has to offer instead of just speeding through the trophies I highly recommend doing this on a separate "skip everything" playthrough, preferably right after obtaining Ending A on your main playthrough. This playthrough can be done in a day in around 6-7 hours of play time.

This is also great for getting most of the speed kill trophies since the mid fight cutscene time does actually count towards the speed kill but since you've already seen them not too long ago, you can safely skip everything without having to worry about skipping extra tidbits that unlocks in NG+ cycles.

So, this is my method after all.

- Play the game, doing what neccessary for convenient (boar quest), get money to buy best spear (doing so will save time as more damage deal) , do only some easy side quest in Nier Town , no upgrade or farming for anything except get thing set up for flower.
- Skip most of cutscene and watch youtube video that contained all cutscene that I just skipped (after saving or ending play session of course). For Forest wall of text skip all then read transcript in wikipedia after.
- Sometimes I get lost and do some exploration as blind playthrough (even I already play it like decade ago but it is in Japanese anyway so it still count as parital-blind I guess as i don't remeber detail or most of things)
- Reload save if there is something eat up too much time and no progress were made. (such as, get lost too long or decide to read wall of text in Forest)
- Make it in 10 Hours of gameplay , I finished half way with 6.30 clock. So it is safe to say that If you finished first half with 7-8 hours , you didn't even need to rush or skip anything afterward. just make sure there is 2-3 hours spare after getting all fragments.
- I can now watch all extra cutscene in peace and only worry about leftover boss speedrun on C route. which i can skip all cutscene to get more time. :)

Edited by FielVeredus

On 28/04/2021 at 0:15 PM, AppleJinx said:

If you care about experiencing what the game has to offer instead of just speeding through the trophies I highly recommend doing this on a separate "skip everything" playthrough, preferably right after obtaining Ending A on your main playthrough. This playthrough can be done in a day in around 6-7 hours of play time.

This is also great for getting most of the speed kill trophies since the mid fight cutscene time does actually count towards the speed kill but since you've already seen them not too long ago, you can safely skip everything without having to worry about skipping extra tidbits that unlocks in NG+ cycles.

Is the timer even still active during cutscenes??? 

I have to ask because there a LOT of assumptions being made with the original, and some of them are incorrect as a few things have been changed here. 

A few players have wasted time already on assumptions made from original, thankfully though now we know and shouldnt happen to anyone else. 

With the cutscenes though, I just wanna know FOR 100% CERTAINTY if they still progress the timer in this version. 

And so I ask, what you have experienced, do you think it still ticks over for the boss speedruns, and also for the full game speedrun?? 

Perhaps this is what you mean, but im very curious and so wanna be certain. At this point, its hard to predict if somebody is just assumimg from the original or if they infact experienced so in this version! 

Thank you ;)

Edited by Optinooby

On 4/30/2021 at 0:27 AM, eispan71 said:

I wished they would have allowed this trophy to get earned while doing the Ending E playthrough... It should be the same right?.. or will the story be shorter than when you do Ending A?

The story of Ending E is actually pretty short. I believe it took me 3-4 hours to complete.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rin_TohsakaUBW said:

The story of Ending E is actually pretty short. I believe it took me 3-4 hours to complete.

Yeah I was quite disapointed that Ending E didn't count! At least reloading the last save (prior to the branching out story/new ending) saved about 2-3 hours of re-playing a new game.

I just got this Trophy, along with the Platinum, I took my time playing, enjoyed the game, did all Quests, upgrades and read everything. I saved the speedrun for last, so I could just get to the point, I skipped all cutscenes and dialogue, no upgrading because I wasn't going to grind, and did some Quests that were only on my way. The timer when I finally finished was 8:04:27 and at Level 26.

Edited by Nitemares-----

I'm surprised I didn't get this trophy this time round. I got it on 360 and PS3 without trying really, but was absolutely miles off on A through D playthroughs.

I think its because on my previous two, I didn't get the 30 quest trophy/achievement, whilst this time I went for it in the first half of the game which as silly in hindsight!

Regardless, the game is one of my all time favourites and Replicant has been brilliant. Just started for ending E...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 1:05 AM, eispan71 said:

Yeah I was quite disapointed that Ending E didn't count! At least reloading the last save (prior to the branching out story/new ending) saved about 2-3 hours of re-playing a new game.

So, if you make a separate save before taking the Ending E route, can you reload it afterwards and continue normally towards Ending A for the speedrun trophy?

6 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, if you make a separate save before taking the Ending E route, can you reload it afterwards and continue normally towards Ending A for the speedrun trophy?

Answer is YES, that's exactly what I did... and the best part is you will not have to replay the new story branch. It will continue as if you started a new game for Ending A.

Spoiler

On another note: If there are completionists out there who want to see the game saved marked with Endings A, B, C, D, E - I don't think this will ever happen. There is only enough space to fit in three letters ABC if you look at it. I don't think the game was designed to fit them all in.

Edited by eispan71
  • Like 1