Clock manipulation for Legendary Gardener

10 minutes ago, Gage said:

I had network turned off almost the entire time I was playing the game, which was when I found out about the timezone thing. 

Cool gonna try this out . Or Else ill try do the trophy in the end like the Way your guide suggest . 

so i Can start returnal and Play that while i Wait for flowers to grow 

11 hours ago, ihasmudkips said:

so if im reading this right it's still gonna take multiple days to get the seeds instead of weeks?

Yes, it will take only 4 days instead of 2 weeks if I am not wrong . I managed to plant my first batch of full orange flowers, need to pick the seeds up. 

It's really not that bad considering how much stuff you need to do in-game... Unless you really want to platinum the game in 1 day, which is impossible 

On 4/23/2021 at 7:15 AM, Cloud_Squall78 said:

Not the same way as you could on PS3, but you can do something similar: https://www.powerpyx.com/nier-replicant-2021-moonflower-cultivation-guide/

This is what I followed, I never would have figured it out myself, I just did it while doing all Quests and everything else in the first part of the game, since I heard there's no going back. Now I got all these out of the way, I can really enjoy the game.

Clock Manipulation works great, without it, you'd waste hours waiting to see if your flowers would blend into the colors you need. In the 3rd phase, it just wouldn't blend any of the flowers Pink, so I turned the clock back, replanted, repeated. Finally I got it to blend 4 Pink flowers and got 13 seeds in all. I got the White Moonflower on the 1st try, for the final blending phase.

Just to let people know, by following the above written guide, each phase will probably take 14 hours or so.

Edited by Nitemares-----

I'll have to rewrite it to add the way that you can do it in two days, but that probably won't be until tomorrow. Info about it is in the other thread on here about flower growing, but you're basically planting different colors in different rows at the same time so you end up with less seeds, but can then do it in 2 days instead of 4. 

2 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Does the timezone skip work on the ps5? I've had weird instances where my plants would be done in like 3 hours without fertilizer and one use of watering the plants.

Yes, I played entirely on PS5. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

On 27.4.2021 at 0:17 AM, Gage said:

Someone else can and likely will in a few days, I don't have time to do that myself. 

First of all Gage, thanks for the Time Zone tip.

Second:

You do not need 2 or 3 (depending on what you count as day) days for this trophy. You do (maybe) not even need a single day if you do it right.

So:

1. MOST IMPORTANT: The game. even in 2010 rolled for which plant is going to grow during planting the seeds. That is a super important detail and is also the reason why on PS3 when I invested an entire week on PS3 in 2011 for the Lunar Tear I used 3 different save files to increase my chances. On PS4 I only used 1 because you are going to reload a lot anyway.

2. Save at the right time to make it easier for you.

3. Now here is an. example: You plant 3 seeds: Indigo, Red, Indigo. The game now decides if one of them is going to be replaced by a pink flower.

4. Change the Time Zone and look at the result. If you got what you wanted, save the game. Then reload and meanwhile change back the Time Zone.

5. The flowers from 3. are reverted into seedlings. NOW REMOVE the ones next to the one you wanted. The game still knows which flower it is going to be (here pink, so even removing indigo is not going zo stop that.)

6. Then plant peach next to it (you do NOT need wait for pink to wither and give you new seeds, the game will always count whatever it already know is already on the field) and change the time zone, exit and enter the village and see if you got the flower you wanted. if not, reload from the point the flowers were still there, change them back into seedlings and try the steps again. 

7. I personally needed over a full day (EDIT: most likely the shortest way, check my Edit) because I waited for Indigo and Peach to wither but applying that logic none needs to wither and you can get them all in 1 day - and by that I mean the same day you started with your attempts so as not withering is required not a full day hopefully - (if the game has mercy).

And yes, this works. I just got my Lunar Tear with that method. I will also make a short video explaining it.

EDIT: 

It is possible that you cannot get the flower faster than I did. Maybe 1 withering cycle is needed because of the Peach and Pink Flower as the method I used still relies on at least one new seed being planted next to an already determined one meaning you would need to create pink next to peach and none would overwrite each other as they are already decided. I recommend doing it like I did, so going through one cycle (and I therefore had Peach and Indigo Seeds) and then doing the second half of the trophy this way. Then it still took you just about 1 day like me (saving you from one withering cycle where you would be wating for Peach seeds). I needed only 1 and got very excited because I saved time but thinking about it now you probably can only shorten it to 1 withering like me instead of 0. Maybe that is still satisfying for you.

Edited by Cetra29

7 minutes ago, Cetra29 said:

[snip]

This was actually one of the first methods I tried, but I gave up after 10 cycles with no successful cross-pollination. I assumed the game remembered what seed the cross-breed had been planted as and calculated later odds accordingly. If you can whip together a video showing that it actually does work then you'll save a lot of people a lot of time.

It is possible that you cannot get the flower faster than I did. Maybe 1 withering cycle is needed because of the Peach and Pink Flower as the method I used still relies on at least one new seed being planted next to an already determined one meaning you would need to create pink next to peach and none would overwrite each other as they are already decided. I recommend doing it like I did, so going through one cycle (and I therefore had Peach and Indigo Seeds) and then doing the second half of the trophy this way. Then it still took you just about 1 day like me (saving you from one withering cycle where you would be wating for Peach seeds). I needed only 1 and got very excited because I saved time but thinking about it now you probably can only shorten it to 1 withering like me instead of 0. Maybe that is still satisfying for you.

Edited by Cetra29

WTF with this trophy ?

I planted peach and pink 3 times without timezone trick - got nothing. Now I decide to use it. I replanted it 17 times in a row with timezone and still got nothing. How rare it this damn flower ?

Steps I did:

1. Save game

2. change timezone to -11.

3. reload save

4. plant seeds

5. save (on different slot)

6. change timezone to +13

7. reload 2nd save...

8. got nothing.

9. back to 2... 18 times for now.

6 minutes ago, LittleSweetLoli said:

WTF with this trophy ?

I planted peach and pink 3 times without timezone trick - got nothing. Now I decide to use it. I replanted it 17 times in a row with timezone and still got nothing. How rare it this damn flower ?

Steps I did:

1. Save game

2. change timezone to -11.

3. reload save

4. plant seeds

5. save (on different slot)

6. change timezone to +13

7. reload 2nd save...

8. got nothing.

9. back to 2... 18 times for now.

Idk if this is something that affects it or not, but I had a similar issue. Everything was going fine until the white moonflower where I would get 0. I tried turning my network off, and then I got one right after that. 

The technique is to harvest the unwanted flowers one at a time... harvest peach flower and immediately plant the peach seed... then move on to the next, harvest the pink flower and immediately plant the pink seed - so on and so forth.  DO NOT harvest all at once and then plant the replacement seeds in one swoop.  You need the flowers standing nearby to leave their colour imprint in an attempt to influence the seed for cross-polination to take place. Harvesting all at once wipes off that imprint and resets cross-polination back to square one...

... or so the theory goes... It did work for me though... on Nier (on the PS3 and went on three cycles) and on Nier: Replicant (on the PS4 which went on for two cycles).

----------

This method also works well when going for multiple flowers of indigo, peach and pink since we need quite a number of seeds for that (more than one flower).  When the right flowers blooms I leave that standing (while I wait for it to wither to harvest the seeds) and plant the same sequenced seeds beside it to replace the unwanted ones...

(Red1) (Gold1) (Red2) (Gold2) (Red3) say... produces (Red1) (PEACH) (Red2) (Gold2) (Red3)... I'll replace the flowers (sell them off for gold) Red1 and Red2 with red seeds... OR Gold 1 and Gold 2 with gold seeds if the peach flowers blooms on Red2. There's a big fat chance that another peach flower will bloom next to the already existing peach flower...

...same formula for trying to bloom indigo and pink.

Edited by eispan71
  • Like 1

On 8.5.2021 at 3:00 PM, eispan71 said:

This method also works well when going for multiple flowers of indigo, peach and pink since we need quite a number of seeds for that (more than one flower).  When the right flowers blooms I leave that standing (while I wait for it to wither to harvest the seeds) and plant the same sequenced seeds beside it to replace the unwanted ones...

It is irrelevant if they wither or not. The moment the game says "this is colour x" you can work with it.