Clock manipulation for Legendary Gardener

On 8/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, eispan71 said:

The technique is to harvest to unwanted flowers one at a time... harvest peach flower and immediately plant the peach seed... then move on to the next, harvest the pink flower and immediately plant the pink seed - so on and so forth.  DO NOT harvest all at once and then plant the replacement seeds in one swoop.  You need the flowers standing nearby to leave their colour imprint in an attempt to influence the seed for cross-polination to take place. Harvesting all at once wipes off that imprint and resets cross-polination back to square one...

... or so the theory goes... It did work for me though... on Nier (on the PS3 and went on three cycles) and on Nier: Replicant (on the PS4 which went on for two cycles).

----------

This method also works well when going for multiple flowers of indigo, peach and pink since we need quite a number of seeds for that (more than one flower).  When the right flowers blooms I leave that standing (while I wait for it to wither to harvest the seeds) and plant the same sequenced seeds beside it to replace the unwanted ones...

(Red1) (Gold1) (Red2) (Gold2) (Red3) say... produces (Red1) (PEACH) (Red2) (Gold2) (Red3)... I'll replace the flowers (sell them off for gold) Red1 and Red2 with red seeds... OR Gold 1 and Gold 2 with gold seeds if the peach flowers blooms on Red2. There's a big fat chance that another peach flower will bloom next to the already existing peach flower...

...same formula for trying to bloom indigo and pink.

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion. Using your method I unlocked the trophy after a few tries. I recommend everyone to all users in difficulty to use it. Until today I had tried everything. Thanks again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spide29 said:

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion. Using your method I unlocked the trophy after a few tries. I recommend everyone to all users in difficulty to use it. Until today I had tried everything. Thanks again

Considering this wastes a lot of time it is far from recommendable. You can get this trophy in a little over half a day.

OMG. Got ending E, got all trophies. Beside Legendary gardener. Tried different combinations and method over 100 times during weekend still, got no White Moonflower. I found information that white moonflower have 1% chance to appear but, really. Over 100 tries and still nothing... I guess I give up on platinum in this game, which is kinda disappointing...

On 09/05/2021 at 4:35 PM, Spide29 said:

Glad it had helped. I've based this on my experience playing NieR PS3 (which was much easier to do over there) prior to playing Replicant PS4. I've used this method witout really changing the time as I just cultivated the flowers as I play along with the story without having to get out of the way just for this trophy.

The time manipulation also works well without having to close the game - just press the :ps: to reach the XMB and change the time while the game still plays - thanks to someone in this forum who suggested this, sorry for not remembering who it is.

Still doing this moonflower thingie despite completing the game almost 2 weeks ago, raising the white/pink/peach seed numbers to 99 each just for the kicks!

On 11/05/2021 at 2:09 PM, LittleSweetLoli said:

Damn you NieR. Damn you Square. Damn everything. I got this. It took me only 185 tries.

That's one heck of an unlucky streak you had there! Did you just kept on reloading? Like what Cetra have mentioned previously once the seed has been planted it will already have a pre-determined colour if you just kept on reloading the same game save with the seeds already been planted. They will not change based on my personal experience, same flowers will crop up everytime. You have to start fresh - either discard the seeds if you have a lot in stock or wait until you havest the seeds and start again.

Without manipulating time on the PS3 it took me 3 cycles... on the PS4 without changing the time as well took me two cycles. 185 attempts would have drove me nuts.

Edited by eispan71
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 10:09 AM, LittleSweetLoli said:

Damn you NieR. Damn you Square. Damn everything.

I got this. It took me only 185 tries.

Really? How were you doing it? I planted 9 peach seeds, leaving the in-betweens, saved, and then tried planting the 6 pink seeds. First time I got nothing, so I reloaded to try again and I got 3 white flowers in that batch xD.

Overall pretty simple and painless process thanks to the time zone thing and being able to "ungrow" the flowers.

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm not planning to use time manipulation this time, so is it better to get this trophy on Part 1 ( Ending A) or wait for later? Also the farming process resets after Ending A,B or C?

Pretty sure it doesn't reset when going through the endings. At least I hope so because I finished ending A while having that batch of 3 white flowers (I've read from a gardening guide that it doesn't reset). After finishing it I went back to an old save of when I was at 9 hours played to redo part 2 for the speedrun trophy, so I haven't checked yet what happens when I start route B.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm not planning to use time manipulation this time, so is it better to get this trophy on Part 1 ( Ending A) or wait for later? Also the farming process resets after Ending A,B or C?

To confirm what the poster above me said: The flowers don't reset after you got an ending. You can just plant your flowers, then get any of the endings (except for D) and the flowers are still there when you're back at the start of Part Two; that's how I did it as well. 

• Like 1

Weird... like I've said previously I'm farming moonflower seeds to 99 just for the kicks. I've noticed that the Indigo seeds seems to have been left behind in numbers so I planted a whole plot (5x indigo seeds in a row) to raise its numbers... I forwarded time (+13 GMT Independent Samoa) to harvest the pink, peach and white moonflower seeds which had bloomed earlier - lo and behold the row of indigos actually produced two white moonflowers with no peach nor pink seeds planted next to them BUT instead the withered pink/peach flowers were on the adjacent plot.  A bit unusual for indigos to produce whites and yet here we are. There's probably truth on what others say that neighbouring plots can influence the outcome of the type of blooms that will be produced on other plots... just a hunch based on what I have experienced right now.  But one thing is for sure, this whole moonlflower business is still RNG based and has got something to do with luck.

EDIT: 17.05.21

I did it again... Plot 1 5x White Moonflower (speed fertiliser)... Plot 2 5x Indigo Moonflower (bounty fertiliser)... Plot 3 5x Indigo Moonflower (bounty fertiliser) and Plot 2 had produced two whites out of the indigo seeds. So it would seem that neighbouring plots can somehow influence the colour outcome of other plots. Either that or it's just a lucky (RNG) coincidence.

Edited by eispan71

On 14.5.2021 at 0:14 AM, eispan71 said:

That's one heck of an unlucky streak you had there! Did you just kept on reloading? Like what Cetra have mentioned previously once the seed has been planted it will already have a pre-determined colour if you just kept on reloading the same game save with the seeds already been planted. They will not change based on my personal experience, same flowers will crop up everytime. You have to start fresh - either discard the seeds if you have a lot in stock or wait until you havest the seeds and start again.

The smartest thing you can do here is plant the seeds on 3 save files. Then you have 45 flowers. But of course they need to be planted individually and not from copied save files. Plant - Game knows which flowers; save, load the next file, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1