"CHALLENGE": MOST RECENT SOLUTION (04/21)

Dade728883

I was recently able to borrow this video, being an actual "witness" of somebody who actually got the platinum thanks to this source:

I didn't try it myself, but giving the fact that the platinum has been awarded (to Nostalgy_Flow) not more than a couple days ago (online) is safe to say that works with the most recent patch.

wanted to share to help all these people struggling with a playathome free game.

if it works, just comment here. would be happy to strenghten my proof with more witnesses (pun intended)

you're welcome (?)

p.s. can anybody reply with the patch the game is currently on? thanks

Edited by Dade728883
  • Like 4

I stumbled upon this post a few minutes after you posted it. I played the witness like 2 years ago but gave up on the platinum because of this challenge. So I got curious if this glitch really worked. I downloaded the witness again and after 3 hours try end error I finally did it! You can look it up on my profile. But I have to mention that the timing is quite tricky. I needed 5 attempts to get it right. My tip is to start a timer just after the Musik ends and finish the puzzle after 3,6 seconds. Worked like a charm for me. I am very thankful for your post. Platinum #101

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cassio_Legend said:

I stumbled upon this post a few minutes after you posted it. I played the witness like 2 years ago but gave up on the platinum because of this challenge. So I got curious if this glitch really worked. I downloaded the witness again and after 3 hours try end error I finally did it! You can look it up on my profile. But I have to mention that the timing is quite tricky. I needed 5 attempts to get it right. My tip is to start a timer just after the Musik ends and finish the puzzle after 3,6 seconds. Worked like a charm for me. I am very thankful for your post. Platinum #101

before you disinstall it, could I ask which patch is the most recent?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 8:49 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

I don't think this glitch works anymore. I have tried it dozens of times, and the pillar puzzles never appear. I feel like I just waste time on the triangle puzzles for no payoff.

I did the glitch today, on version 1.05 of the game (so says my PS5) on the second attempt. It seems fully functional to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the trophy via this glitch. Thanks for sharing!

I set a timer of 6:39 at the same time as activating the challenge. I then submitted the second maze puzzle when there was half a second (or maybe less) left on the timer. This triggered the glitch to work :)

Edited by Sten_dardo
Typo
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 1:00 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Yes you're right..about an hour after I typed this, the glitch worked. I guess my timing was just off.

Can you help me with this please 

I’m stuck on the same one but I can’t get past the puzzles 

Edited by l3randonMC

On 6/30/2021 at 8:29 AM, Sten_dardo said:

I just got the trophy via this glitch. Thanks for sharing!

I set a timer of 6:39 at the same time as activating the challenge. I then submitted the second maze puzzle when there was half a second (or maybe less) left on the timer. This triggered the glitch to work :)

Thank you!!! Using this method it only took me 2 tries.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The glitch didn't work for me. I did it legit and then found a tip to use a stopwatch so tried it again and sure enough it worked.

It was 6:39 on the nose pretty much. I tried 6:38.50 as someone recommended and that didn't work. 

Edited by Wagszilla

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 7:37 AM, Wagszilla said:

The glitch didn't work for me. I did it legit and then found a tip to use a stopwatch so tried it again and sure enough it worked.

It was 6:39 on the nose pretty much. I tried 6:38.50 as someone recommended and that didn't work. 

All seems like way too much precision. I literally got it first attempt, just counting to three, and then pressing a half beat later. 

Probably helps that I failed so many times I got used to the failure sound and it's timing, so I knew roughly when to push it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 2:03 AM, FatSuit said:

I tried doing the glitch about 30 times with no success (over the course of a week); lots of salt was had.

Then I tried it legit and finished the challenge on the first try. The universe is a weird place.

Yeah, it really, really is.

I was going try to do it legit, honestly I really did because i wanted the 100% completion and was going to resort to the glitch only If I really couldn't get it done after a couple of hours.

But on my 7th/8th try, I just happened to click my solution to the 2nd triangle puzzle at the right time for the glitch to trigger. I didn't even realise I didn't have time left because I mute the music. Weird place indeed.

On 10/26/2022 at 8:48 AM, Buriki-One said:

Hi guys, the japanese puzzle solver doesn't work anymore (http://witness.webcrow.jp/ ) any chance to get another link like this?

For anyone still trying, if you google 'Witness triangle puzzle solver', your first hit would be what you're looking for.

Good Luck Everyone!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The Infite Time glitch for the Pillars (the last puzzles that need to be solved) still works as of July 2023 with the most recent patch ( ver. 1.05 )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  If anybody going to attempt the infinite time glitch, There is one warning that need to be known - NEVER EVER PAUSE THE GAME or CLOSED THE APPLICATION even The Hall of the Mountain King music ended, it will restart everything over again ( I was literary crying after I accidently press the Options button when I realize the pillars are turned off immediately ) man, If that Infinite time glitch video was shown and thought to be popular in 2016 before 2017/2018, it will also patced too alongside the Rest Mode trick on ver. 1.02 luckily that didnt happened. I dont know why Playstation made this game free and ended up hating it (my opinion only) .                                                                  

Edited by Assassinhood30
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still works - just did it.

For the glitch I started a timer as the music stopped and hit the X button at 3 seconds.

Good thing I like the Hall of the Mountain King music.

Per above post - any pause puts you back to the start.  Even just to get to this stage you need to get reasonably quick at solving the puzzles. I couldn't even get to the start of the maze until I practised a bit.

for the 3 boards where only one solution is valid - sometimes you just get an easy one so can all 3 quickly to see if one is obvious (practice will make the obvious ones jump out more)

for black and white the following is impossible so you can eliminate those

XO

OX

for three colors

A

B C

is impossible

A B C is unlikely

For the triangle stuff when you know the three means you need to make a loop starting on one side and exiting the same side this can often make the puzzle fall out when combined with what is around it as it will make some entry/exit points non-viable.  Often for the twos when you get stuck a long run down one side looping on a 3 and coming back the other way to do the other side of the two will work well.

eg.

>>>>

2--3 v

<<<<

• Like 1