rjkclarke's Carnival of Diamonds and Rust

rjkclarke

19 hours ago, Slava said:

Limbo is great. It's in my top 20 favourite games probably. Or maybe 25. I'll think about it later 1f601.png.

I so wanted to reply to this when you sent it last night, but I wanted to make sure that I had enough time to actually reply in detail to your awesome post!

Absolutely it is, well said! I'm really glad it'd rank really highly amongst your favourite games too.I think it would rank pretty high in my own, but I'll leave that sort of talk to those more qualified than me ??

So the first time I heard about Limbo was from a local gaming magazine, I believe. The review had a 10/10 score. It was placed right after another 10/10 review from the same editor which was Super Mario Galaxy 2, if I remember correctly. I played it on PC shortly after and was definitely impressed. 

I think we all agree that Playdead nailed the overall atmosphere. The art style, music, and sound design compliment it really well. The puzzles are really smart and intuitive. The minimalist nature of the game doesn't stand in their way.

I'm always a little uneasy whenever I see 10/10 scores, but I really couldn't think of anything all that negative to say about it myself, when I played it.It isn't a case of me just ignoring the negatives, that's almost never the case, but Limbo really has got so few of them. It's really impressive actually, come to think of it.

They certainly did nail all of those things, and they deserve a lot of credit for that, because Limbo would suffer quite a lot I think if at least one of those aspects of the game you mentioned was particularly different.

In terms of story, this game is comparable to a good painting. You can appreciate the art itself, but it also tries to evoke a feeling and shows a story. And they can be interpreted in different ways. You can also compare it to a song with vague lyrics that tell a story without being specific. It can be relatable to different people that will come up with their own meaning. And you can also discuss it.

Again man, very well said! It's a really great element to Limbo the fact it's open to so many interpretations including your own. Makes it timeless almost. A true work of art if we want to be really pretentious (which I do ?) It's interesting as I've thought slightly different things about it each time I've played it all the way through fully (which must have been about 5 times by now). I think that perfectly proves your point about how evocative the game can be.

I remember seeing some theories on YouTube where people tried to explain not only the ending, but also the meaning behind each area of the game. Interesting stuff, indeed.

I've read some, but I haven't really jumped down the rabbit hole with the YouTube ones yet. I expect I will though! As some of them are so interesting and incredibly clever too.

Some of the ones that sort of dig into what the specific areas might represent are some of the ones I really enjoyed!  Like one I read, which you've probably seen or read about yourself, is the one where they talk about the huge pane of glass at the end being representative of the windscreen of a car, which the more I think about that one the cleverer I think it is, especially with all the other areas that specifically lead up to that point.

There's just so many really great ones, and those would all lead into some pretty fascinating discussions themselves.

20 hours ago, Slava said:

Inside is veeery similar but unique at the same time. Haven't played it myself, but I saw the full game on stream. It gives you a lot of food for thought. But that's a discussion for another time 1f642.png.

Looking forward to both playing that, and whatever discussions might arise from it- as you've probably noticed, I don't know when to shut up ? so I'm all about that!

47 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

I guess I'll add it to the shopping list then! After I get myself a pair of hamburger ear muffs, of course...

Just remember if your controller goes wrong, don't try and fix it with an electric hammer xD

But.... erm, yes, please do!

48 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Sidenote: for our Simpsons game, we need a You Solved the Pickle Matrix trophy.

Done..... and done!

Also I insist upon a trophy where, if we're hypothetically making it like Stick of Truth like we discussed, as in open world, then we put in a trophy for making all of Homers inventions, we can even find a practical use for the makeup gun somewhere ?

50 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

I appreciate that, can't help feeling like a nag or a buzz kill whenever this sort of thing comes up, so more often than not I keep that stuff to myself. Absolutely agreed that it's part of the proven Sex Sells mindset, but given how us male gamers are not exactly known for always being respecful of our female counterparts, it makes it a touch more disheartening!

Not at all! I think it's good that you're bringing it up, it's something worth mentioning I think.

You know what, there's a character in Dynasty Warriors they could totally use to counteract that slightly skeezy feeling of over objectification that Dynasty Warriors can give off. That's in Zhurong (the Nanman Queen), I don't know if she's in the recent ones, as you know I haven't really played one since Dynasty Warriors 6. But in the source material she was one of the few female characters who actually did fight, and she's interesting too. If they'd just put a bit of thought into bolstering her as a character ( wearing more conventional armour )instead of just sexifying her, she could be exactly the kind of example you'd want for a badass female character in the series, that isn't just instantly objectified...

There I go, off on a tangent again ?

58 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Agreed! And funny you mention that... in light of the unfortunate circumstances regarding a certain issue in the states at the moment, I dug up If These Walls Could Talk to show my wife, in which Cher has a small but powerful part. She belongs in a small class of entertainers that truly excelled at everything she attempted. Always got time to give Cher some love1f601.png

I haven't seen that one for ages, good shout, and yes.... sadly a bit topical yeah, more your side of the world than mine.

She kind of broke me a little bit when I watched Mask the first time - she's so good in that film. Made me do many sad faces!

I also think she's great in Moonstruck, and I think people are totally wrong when they give her crap for winning the Oscar for that film! She did deserve it, that film is top-to-bottom filled with great performances. There's even an awesome one from John Mahoney (Martin Crane) in that one too, playing a really funny reoccuring character.

Yep, I'm always down to show some love for Cher! I used to call Mermaids my guilty pleasure film.... well I've just mentioned it on a public forum, and it's pretty good anyway, Bob Hoksins is great in that one.

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

You've mentioned that before, and it made me feel so ignorant! I have a buddy who's a bowler and he travels for tournaments and stuff like that. Crazy how every type of sport has the same thing going on essentially, just some are better advertised than others. Also it seems like that kind of career mode would be a lot of fun in game form!

Haha sorry for making you feel like that.... Pool is probably a pretty niche sport to be fair, so you shouldn't feel ignorant about it. I'm really big on Pool and Snooker obviously, so whenever I talk about it I expect I sound like Stephen Roots character from Dodgeball ?.... so you know, throw a wrench at me and or kick me in the nutbag to make me stop if it helps xD.... Although that's quite an expensive flight just to hoof me there.

That kind of career mode would have been fun! It did happen once, one of my favourite sports games ever was World Snooker Championship 2007, not only did it include the full snooker event calender, it also had a completely separate American Pool Career mode, with fully licensed players, locations events and even had separate American commentary team, that's the kind of thing that I really pine for in a modern Pool game, but it'd likely never happen, so I'll just have to dream ?

I don't remember the exact name, but in all likelihood he was in the very least based on him. I take it they didn't call him Minnesota Fats just because he was morbidly obese?

Man, I really gotta stop slipping Simpsons references into every exchange we have1f604.png

Looks like it was just based on him, I thought they might have gotten the real one in to do it like they do sometimes in shows.

No..... no you keep up those Simpsons references, I love them!  If you do any ones that are too modern they might go over my head, I kind of fell off keeping up with the show regularly around Season 23 though ?

Awesome read as always! I've had my eye on this one for years... I suspect it will be similar to my experience with Mark of the Ninja. I was impressed but wary, avoided for years, then finally at long last played and absolutely fell in love. It just looks so cool.

Thank you dude!

I'd had my eye on it, on and off for years, but for some reason I just didn't pull the plug on it until last year but as always I'm incredibly glad that I actually got around to it finally!

I think I'll be having a very similar experience with Mark of the Ninja when I get to the game myself! Especially as it's gotten quite a lot of love in this checklist corner of PSNP over the last year.

Guess I'll have another look at the games on sale.... you really need to start making YouTuber type deals with these developers, and you could end your write-ups like "Make sure you use the promo code THOMASEDISON and save 10%!"

You might want to get the double pack that has Limbo bundled with Inside, I got that one pretty cheap last year.  That one seems to be very worthy of peoples time too, I think I'll probably end up adding it to my Summer backlog challenge list.... you know that list that I actually need to start making some progress on xD

That'd be nice haha! Then I can be a nice big fat SELLOUT haha, use the promocode SHUTUPABOUTPOINT-AND-CLICKADVENTURESROB and you win a days break from having to listen to me talk about how much I enjoyed something ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I'm always a little uneasy whenever I see 10/10 scores

Yeah. It was also interesting to see such different games receive a 10 back to back. Which is why I still remember those reviews.

52 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Like one I read, which you've probably seen or read about yourself, is the one where they talk about the huge pane of glass at the end being representative of the windscreen of a car, which the more I think about that one the cleverer I think it is

I don't remember this one. The theories I heard were probably simpler ?. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Also I insist upon a trophy where, if we're hypothetically making it like Stick of Truth like we discussed, as in open world, then we put in a trophy for making all of Homers inventions, we can even find a practical use for the makeup gun somewhere ?

We'll call that one Invent Yourself Some Underpants!

You know what, there's a character in Dynasty Warriors they could totally use to counteract that slightly skeezy feeling of over objectification that Dynasty Warriors can give off. That's in Zhurong (the Nanman Queen), I don't know if she's in the recent ones, as you know I haven't really played one since Dynasty Warriors 6. But in the source material she was one of the few female characters who actually did fight, and she's interesting too. If they'd just put a bit of thought into bolstering her as a character ( wearing more conventional armour )instead of just sexifying her, she could be exactly the kind of example you'd want for a badass female character in the series, that isn't just instantly objectified...

There I go, off on a tangent again ?

Haha no need for remorse! Yeah dude, she in particular had all the makings for a purely bad ass character, but they didn't seem to have any interest in that. I remember Zhuge Liang's wife Yueying wasn't made into a sexpot, but that's probably because by all accounts he had, as Lisa would say, the down to earth good looks of Eleanor Roosevelt?

I haven't seen that one for ages, good shout, and yes.... sadly a bit topical yeah, more your side of the world than mine.

BRO IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!

No, no, I am not going to go into another rant. But ugh. I will just never understand it.

I also think she's great in Moonstruck, and I think people are totally wrong when they give her crap for winning the Oscar for that film! She did deserve it, that film is top-to-bottom filled with great performances. There's even an awesome one from John Mahoney (Martin Crane) in that one too, playing a really funny reoccuring character.

Moonstruck was a good one! I really dug Mermaids as a kid too, I believe that was my introduction to one Ms. Winona Ryder. And I'll always have a soft spot for Bob Hoskins, thank you very much Who Framed Roger Rabbit!

Funny thing about John Mahoney, so many of his characters are believably unpleasant (Reality Bites and Say Anything immediately come to mind), but in his positive roles he just comes across as so warm. What a great actor he was - I'll never know if he really was a sweetheart or a bastard!

Haha sorry for making you feel like that.... Pool is probably a pretty niche sport to be fair, so you shouldn't feel ignorant about it. I'm really big on Pool and Snooker obviously, so whenever I talk about it I expect I sound like Stephen Roots character from Dodgeball ?.... so you know, throw a wrench at me and or kick me in the nutbag to make me stop if it helps xD.... Although that's quite an expensive flight just to hoof me there.

You needn't apologize at all! That's my own ignorance.. though when I finally get around to writing about MLB The Show, I'm sure I'll end up geeking out a bit myself?

I think I'll be having a very similar experience with Mark of the Ninja when I get to the game myself! Especially as it's gotten quite a lot of love in this checklist corner of PSNP over the last year.

Doo it! Doo it!

You might want to get the double pack that has Limbo bundled with Inside, I got that one pretty cheap last year.  That one seems to be very worthy of peoples time too, I think I'll probably end up adding it to my Summer backlog challenge list.... you know that list that I actually need to start making some progress on xD

I just may hafta.

That'd be nice haha! Then I can be a nice big fat SELLOUT haha, use the promocode SHUTUPABOUTPOINT-AND-CLICKADVENTURESROB and you win a days break from having to listen to me talk about how much I enjoyed something ?

Ooh, does that code include the dashes???

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 9:52 PM, rjkclarke said:

I think I started out just being content to watch people play the games myself.

Nice! Well it sounds like before long she'll be cranking out some platinum's alongside her Dad!

From what little I've seen of Astro's Playrom I could totally see how kids would be really enamoured with a game like that, so it's pretty cool that's one of the ones that's particularly caught her attention.

Yeah think that is a common way to start I'd say. 

Haha! That'd be nice! We will see how it goes. 

Yeah definitely. It's great for kids and to be honest, really is a cool little run through Playstation history and celebrating it.

They really leaned into the infected marine life aspect of Revelations in how it was designed, and they really did a great job with that I thought.

There was lots of names we had for all of the creatures in Revelations 1, it's just part and parcel with being idiots.... and having to play the same level a shedload of times, so at that point we had to kind of make our own fun, so we did haha!

Yep, Revelations 2 is a better game, I think. In fact I think that's a criminally underrated Resident Evil game. AND you can play as Barry, I mean that wins it extra points almost just for that!

The Revelations titles are underrated in general I think. They are worthy games that add a lot to the RE franchise. 

Haha yes well I've started talking to Mr. X whilst I'm dodging him in RE2R. Playing as Claire and he keeps going down on one knee, and I don't think she is interested in a proposal lol

Yes! Barry FTW! His dialogue and presence in the OG RE was something I really loved. He did deliver the best line in RE history in that game! (IMHO) You know the one! lol

I definitely do, but as much as I hate to say it, I'm finding myself less and less motivated to turn my PS3 on these days, I've just got far less backlog on my PS3 now so I'm finding far and far less reasons to want to go back. But if I recontextualise my thoughts a bit I'm sure I could make a 500 hour RPG one of them haha 1f602.png

I'll take your always helpful advice onboard and try and MAKE myself get excited to go back to it.

You could have the time for it, you'd just not be able to play any other games for a long time, which is kind of why my motivation for it ends up dying on it's arse.

That's why I thought if I do like a couple of hours a week, it'll eventually average out and I'll have finished it by the end of the year, haha 1f602.png just starting it is the problem xD

Haha well hey to be honest, I've got big games to play on my PS3 like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Unleashed. I'll have the RE5 DLC to look forward to in the Gold Edition whenever my wife gives me that too lol It's a pity but it ends up being 'easier' to turn on the PS4 and/or PS5 tbh, like the slowness of the UI, the controller difference now etc. etc. make more of a difference nowadays. Still love it though. 

Hmmm sadly that does not appeal to me in the slightest lol Need to rotate between certain games and a 500 hour RPG is well....I understand why you are struggling to get going again with it but I'll bet you do eventually. 

A couple of hours a week sounds very reasonable and if that would ensure you finish it by the end of the year, that would be a nice goal to have! 

If you don't start it by the end of the month, then...................................YOU HAVE TO BUY AND PLAY A GAME YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN!!!!! Hahaha a genius idea!

That's not a bad way to go about it, and if you're enjoying that then go for it, especially when you rather like milestones. The unfortunate thing is after your next at 250, they're every 50 I believe. Sounds like you could probably jump to popping #300 soon after if you wanted haha.

It took me a year and a bit to go from 300-350, but then I wasn't trying to get there any quicker than I would have otherwise 1f606.png

I think it would have been hilarious too if that had been Failure for 15K, if we got one every 500 15.5K would have been Loser from Final Fantasy VIII for losing a rare card in Triple Triad, and I only remember because I made a funny (to me anyway) post somewhere in here about it haha.

I know right?! It's a shame that it goes to being every 50 from 250 onwards. 300 will be FFVII Remake, and 301 will be the PS5 autopop lol looking forward to the DLC for that. I could probably jump from 250 to 299 pretty quickly, but if I do that, then I'll only play FFVII Remake for 300 and the other big games I just won't play as I'm not as good nowadays as playing two big games at the same time.

Haha fantastic milestone that FFVIII one would have been! You could have took consolation in the fact that Triple Triad is the best FF minigame ever though! (IMHO)

Well hopefully you might have a bit of wiggle room of like a pound or two for Evoland. It's very much worth the money I think.

The first game isn't too short for what it is - in fact Evoland 1 is probably the perfect length. It even has some very small post game content, I just think that it's smaller scope might not have gotten it a platinum, but who knows.

I think you're probably right on the money with Evoland 2 that they had a lot more money to play around with and a slightly bigger dev team for it, so they could expand it massively like they did. It still seems a bit strange to just put them out as a combined whole trophy list though. You definitely don't see that all that often.

If it drops in price again and I realise (and if my backlog is far better) then certainly it is a real possibility that I would get it. Maybe a certain someone could write a trophy guide for me to follow?

Hint hint lol

No you're absolutely right, it is certainly an odd occurance and one that I can't think of another example for. I'm sure someone would be able to give other examples of this happening.

Convoluted is an understatement when it comes to Kingdom Hearts, however much I might like the series 1f602.png... some of those weird gaming references on AEW signs have gotten more and more niche as the months have gone on.

I've also only played the first 3 DMC's, and I liked them a lot actually, I think having a DMC inspired combat style is at least preferable to XV's which wasn't really doing anything unique at all, at least until the DLC's released and added some genuine depth to it.

This is going to sound blasphemous, but I'm cool with it not being slower or more turned based. My patience for turn based battling is getting thinner and thinner for some reason, it's gotta be really fast paced for me to engage with it nowadays. It can still be great of course, but it's not something I'm hankering for more of :dunno:

Haha yeah sadly that was really offputting the more I heard about it. Weird to use characters from Disney that were in simpler stories and settings and then have some story that only the most hardcore fans can keep up with. It's odd.

That's fair enough and a lot more people nowadays are in line with your way of thinking regarding turn based battles than with my way of thinking. Just something I have to deal with. Not a deal breaker for me by any means, but certainly FFXV's battle system I did not find at all interesting, so hopefully FFXVI will be a step up from that.

You know what - I hadn't really thought too much about the lack of party thing, that is odd though. Something I often thought would be cool for an FF title, is like a floating party, not literally, I mean like the characters just float in and out at different parts of the story, but aside from that you're on your own. If they can manage to write a compelling protagonist (which I'm doubtful of) then it could be great.

I haven't got an opinion on Sonic Frontiers, one way or another. As the last modern Sonic game I played was Sonic Heroes (that megadrive collection for PS3 doesn't count) - I'll just see what you have to say about Sonic Frontiers when it releases, as you'd have a much better idea than I would over whether or not it'sactually a good Sonic game.

That could certainly work. Different characters joining forces with you at certain points of the story, keeping the main character going on their path towards the final goal. Could be interesting and mix things up, but then I'm more of a classic fan as you know.

Clive needs to be a compelling protagonist. More so if there isn't going to be a proper classical style party.

Haha that's fair enough! Well the feedback from others I've seen regarding it has been all over the place so there you go.

13 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

That'd be nice haha! Then I can be a nice big fat SELLOUT haha, use the promocode SHUTUPABOUTPOINT-AND-CLICKADVENTURESROB and you win a days break from having to listen to me talk about how much I enjoyed something 1f913.png

Ooh, does that code include the dashes??1f61d.png

He would never tell you haha 

If we won, he wouldn't be able to talk about them for a whole day! 24 hours! My god, the agony he would be in lol :P

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 1:52 AM, rjkclarke said:

Well I appreciate the detailed response, thank you. 1f602.png

I am probably going to add a couple more Fighting games at some point. There are a couple that I definitely want to play. Like I want to get Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur V, and I guess if I do those Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur VI would have to probably come along too. I used to quite like both of those series, so I wouldn't mind nabbing some of those ones if my gnarled hands will allow it 1f606.png... Interesting you mention Undernight, I've played that a couple of times at a friends house, and I did quite enjoy that one. I think I'd be tempted by Persona 4 too if I ever get around to playing Persona 4, I wish it'd come out on PS4 as I never did pick up a Vita.

I think there's definitely some good racers out there on PS4. There's also a lot of pretty bad ones, (like most games I guess) so it is definitely a case of having to look around a bit for the ones that really appeal to you I guess.

I've also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on my list of ones to play, as I never played the original, but always wanted to. I've heard from a lot of people that, that is one of the really good ones. 

I'm sure Titanfall 2 won't be too much of a problem for you. I think you can practically do that infamous trophy before almost all the other ones, so I think when I do it I'll just get that done as soon as I can.

I'm glad you mentioned those, because I've always had half an eye on the Ace Attorney games, but never actually played one, so it's nice to read someone going to bat for them, as games worth checking out. I've always thought they'd be the kind of thing I'd probably like.

I did think it was odd the fact it was put into the PS4 version too. I actually really liked the online in the Assassin's Creed games quite a lot, but I only got into that aspect of them with Revelations, I still haven't gone back to the online in Brotherhood yet, but I am planning to, as I definitely want the platinum for that game, and time is probably running out on that one, so I'd better get to it sooner rather than later.

I actually did do the math earlier, and I was actually pretty close. I've got about 265 games left to write about. So it'll probably take me a while, but I would like to actually write all of those eventually.

I think that's a good philosophy you've got there, to just write them whenever you feel like it, you'll get there! That's usually how I tend to do it. If you're not feeling like you want to, you just can't force that. Or at least I certainly can't, and I know I'm not alone in that feeling either.

I fear you won't like my eventual review of Kingdom Hearts III1f602.png I really didn't get on with that one. It might be one of those games that I mellow on a little bit when I come to write a review about it, but I remember at the time thinking, that so much of it felt rushed. I also felt a little bit put off by the fact it kind of assumed you knew lots of the lore from the mobile titles. I could never say KHII was bad, just not quite the game I think I wanted it to be.

I do however really love Chain of Memories and Birth By Sleep. In fact BBS is probably my second favourite one. I'm probably very much in the minority of Kingdom Hearts fans, as the original game is actually my favourite one.

I've been in that exact same spot with a few games - actually I'm hoping the DLC for Fallout 4 changes my mind on that one a little bit. I hope so, I didn't love that game and I really wanted to. I played it when I was really jaded and just miserable in my personal life, so I'm worried that leached its way into the game and ruined the experience for me a little bit. So hopefully a DLC revisit might change that.

Thank you! Again that's really nice of you to say! It's something I enjoy, so as long I keep enjoying it, hopefully nothing about this whole checklist thing will change all too much. I'm sure it'll slow down here and there but who can say for sure. 1f602.png:dunno:

I'd better try and get that Evoland review posted up before I hop back into Dishonoured!

Thanks! I'll try and reply always at everything if possible and here i am, as said i can mostly writeduring the weekend so, sorry if i reply once or twice a week :P 

Ah nice, Tekken 7 is really Easy to plat that's why i have so if you want a Fighting game that's not hardcore to do that's the one :P Undernight too, both are a bit tedious maybe? But nothing hard like 500 combos to learn and do perfectly thankfully! Soul Calibur yeah i loved the Series back on Ps2 and 3! Then ti got pretty much lost in my eyes it doesn't catch me much now. Street fighter 6 looks great, not that i'll get but i'll watch it for sure streamed! AH that's a crime telling me about Persona when it's my 1/2nd favourite game ever xD Anyway yeah the story follows after it so by itself you'll lose a bit despite beign a self explantory story in the end! 

I Mean back some years ago yeah, but recently? Aside from GT i don't see any good racing game. NFS just gets worst every time, The crew 2 i saw it it's terrible and other games on the genre, i don't have any in mind do you? It's sadly a genre that is impressive how it got worst every year instead of better, like sport games. 

Oh i played it on Ps3 and i can assure you Hot Pursuit it's Awesome indeed! Lot of fun i wanna re-play it this year, it was the last good NFS with Most Wanted on Ps3.

Yeah i think you can which is nice since i like to get this type of trophies out of the way as fast as possible, still i hate and struggle with time trial of any kind, so i'll see when i feel like playing it ^_^ 

Oh the Ace attorney Series (Well Aside 2-3 of them) is for me one of the greatest series ever, absolutely in my top 10! I just love investigation games and the Courtroom apsect it's incredible too i have played the First trilogy like 4 times, 3 on Ds and 1 on Ps4 and greatly Enjoied the Great Ace attorney this year so i absolutely recommend them! 

I Mean, it's square so it's not odd seeing stupid decisions :awesome: Well AC online wasn't bad just pretty boring i guess? After some games it was pretty much the same thing, i have a great memory about it in Brotherhood because i boosted it and enjoied the session but in Revelation it was boring being identical. Plus having to do 50+20 levels didn't help. Ah it's still open? Impressive, yeah go back to it or it will close i'm surprised it's not! 

265? Goddamn, great patience you have i don't know if i would bother xD But if you enjoy it obviously like it is i  guesss it's a matter of time!

Thanks. Yeah it's better doing things when you atually feel like it, don't know about you but if i force myself it's worst i'll probably get bored or burnt out of it be it writing something or even playing or life stuff it's general for me. I Imagine i'm not alone :P

I Mean it's bascially the "Review" i've heard the most around i personally liked it, i can agree some points could have been explained or told better yeah but i enjoied every moment and would happily do another run of it! Plus i like how it gets faster the gameplay i'm curious in the 4Th one. I Mean i didn't knwo almost anything from the mobiule one and i got it all, it wasn't relaly needed you are just a random avatar in the Town in the mobile game for what i know you don't see anything with the Masters and their stories specifically.

Ah i see, nice! I do like both of them too! I think they are absolutely wonderufl the only problem it's the Freakin Long LONG tropheis they choosed for them xD ... :(

Eh i get you on that side, i played it in a neutral stage and i didn't enjoy it that much. It's just a lot worst than 3 and NV both as area and story, i still ahve the Dlcs too to do, and actually get to Lv50 for the plat just missing that to tell you  my desire to play it. So good luck on that maybe you'll like it more!

I mean some slow pace nad fast one during the road it's normal it depends on how busy epople are, you are i think you are a really steady person and so this checklist will be great like it is! Congrats on Evoland, Pool Nation and Limbo too! Expescially on Limbo i miss that one No more than 5 death trophy so, impressive! 

Good luck with Dishonored now! :highfive:

• Like 1

On 10/06/2022 at 9:46 PM, Slava said:

Yeah. It was also interesting to see such different games receive a 10 back to back. Which is why I still remember those reviews.

That's actually a great point! I'm not surprised they stuck in your memory, those are so vastly different games, getting a 10 back to back ?

On 10/06/2022 at 9:46 PM, Slava said:

I don't remember this one. The theories I heard were probably simpler 1f601.png

They might not have been, I'll leave you a link to one of the ones I read that mentions it a little bit....amongst a couple of other pretty interesting ones

https://kotaku.com/the-most-depressing-theories-on-what-limbo-means-1724276367

If any of you are planning to play Limbo, but haven't yet, I'd advise against following the link, as there's a few of those you might not be able to get out of your head as you play the game, and I think the intent from the developers is for you to very much make up your own mind.

On 11/06/2022 at 4:02 AM, YaManSmevz said:

We'll call that one Invent Yourself Some Underpants!

Yes! We better make it for PS5 then so it can have as many trophies as possible haha!

Quick Sidenote: that invention scene one bit never fails to crack me up after Marge gets shot with the makeup gun and she just goes "hmmm, I'm not sure women will like getting shot in the face Homer", to which he just replies in the most innocent naive, hilarious volic "Women will like what I tell them to like"

Yeah dude, she in particular had all the makings for a purely bad ass character, but they didn't seem to have any interest in that. I remember Zhuge Liang's wife Yueying wasn't made into a sexpot, but that's probably because by all accounts he had, as Lisa would say, the down to earth good looks of Eleanor Roosevelt1f604.png

Well, that would have required a genuine bit of effort on their part, and as they're usually more into recycling the same game for fifteen years, then just adding or removing Samurai's or Ninja's, or whatever licensed property they can then having WARRIORS slapped on the end. I suppose nuanced and interesting female characters are probably bottom of the list for things for them to do!

Moonstruck was a good one! I really dug Mermaids as a kid too, I believe that was my introduction to one Ms. Winona Ryder. And I'll always have a soft spot for Bob Hoskins, thank you very much Who Framed Roger Rabbit!

I think my first exposure to Bob Hoskins was unfortunately the Super Mario Brothers Movie! You had the better deal with that one. I think my first exposure to Winona Ryder was watching Edward Scissorhands with my sister, I used to wind her up by trying to copy that old woman voice she does in that film, which ironically she actually sounds like these days ?... Winona Ruder, erm , not my sister haha

Funny thing about John Mahoney, so many of his characters are believably unpleasant (Reality Bites and Say Anything immediately come to mind), but in his positive roles he just comes across as so warm. What a great actor he was - I'll never know if he really was a sweetheart or a bastard!

Smevz with the true facts!

He really was a great actor, actually his character in Frasier has a little bit of both of those aspects you mentioned - I truly think Martin Cranes character arc across all eleven seasons of that show is an incredible piece of both writing and acting, it's a slow, yet noticeable organic change over the course of the show how much Martin actually changes.

when I finally get around to writing about MLB The Show, I'm sure I'll end up geeking out a bit myself1f604.png

That'll be my turn to ask the sporting questions then ?, my only real exposure to baseball is through Billy Bob Thornoton's music, as he's written a fair few songs themed around Baseball.

Ooh, does that code include the dashes??1f61d.png

Yes those are important! Or no day off fro me talking like Homer does about Thomas Edison! Actually I haven't discussed a point-and-click game in here for a while.... MAYBE THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Not today though, I'm being self indulgent and putting something completely different later.

On 11/06/2022 at 5:03 PM, The_Kopite said:

The Revelations titles are underrated in general I think. They are worthy games that add a lot to the RE franchise. 

Fingers crossed for Revelations 3 then!

Haha yes well I've started talking to Mr. X whilst I'm dodging him in RE2R. Playing as Claire and he keeps going down on one knee, and I don't think she is interested in a proposal lol

Yes! Barry FTW! His dialogue and presence in the OG RE was something I really loved. He did deliver the best line in RE history in that game! (IMHO) You know the one! lol

I had no idea you could even talk to him whilst you were dodging him. I'd rather see Claire getting to proposed to by Mr X than being creeped on by that gimp Steve... It's been a few days since I mentioned how much I hate his character ??

Barry definitely does encapsulate the cheesiness of that original Resident Evil that's for sure!

Haha well hey to be honest, I've got big games to play on my PS3 like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Unleashed. I'll have the RE5 DLC to look forward to in the Gold Edition whenever my wife gives me that too lol It's a pity but it ends up being 'easier' to turn on the PS4 and/or PS5 tbh, like the slowness of the UI, the controller difference now etc. etc. make more of a difference nowadays. Still love it though. 

Sounds as if you've still got some solid reasons to go back to the PS3 then. I do, of course, but I find I have to really want to nowadays. I actually don't mind going back to the DS3 though, I'm pretty fond of that controller, even though the DS4 is probably better. I've never had a single DS3 controller go wrong in my 11 years of owning a PS3, whereas I'm on my fourth DS4 Controller now haha :dunno:

If you don't start it by the end of the month, then...................................YOU HAVE TO BUY AND PLAY A GAME YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN!!!!! Hahaha a genius idea!

But I only ever play games that I have an interest in.... To quote How I met Your Mother....

7e5a4aaf-c42c-4507-a235-107eb6926c46_tex

I know right?! It's a shame that it goes to being every 50 from 250 onwards. 300 will be FFVII Remake, and 301 will be the PS5 autopop lol looking forward to the DLC for that. I could probably jump from 250 to 299 pretty quickly, but if I do that, then I'll only play FFVII Remake for 300 and the other big games I just won't play as I'm not as good nowadays as playing two big games at the same time.

I don't mind it too much, I've only very rarely set aside a game as a specific milestone occasionally, so it's not too big of a problem for me personally. I get where you're coming from though.

I'm sure you'll enjoy having Final Fantasy VII Remake pride and place as number 300 though, that'll definitely be a cool one to nab.

If it drops in price again and I realise (and if my backlog is far better) then certainly it is a real possibility that I would get it. Maybe a certain someone could write a trophy guide for me to follow?

Hint hint lol

I'm sure it'll likely go on sale even lower than the price I paid for it, so keep a look out for it!

There are already some really good guides out for Evoland, but they aren't trophy guides strictly. They'll just ensure you'll get all the trophies. I don't know that I'd be eager to write a guide though, having to write specific strategies for each differet type of gameplay in those games would take a long time. If you do get the game,I'll just send you a link to the ones I used when I was cleaning up collectibles haha xD

Haha yeah sadly that was really offputting the more I heard about it. Weird to use characters from Disney that were in simpler stories and settings and then have some story that only the most hardcore fans can keep up with. It's odd.

I get the impression - rightly, or wrongly - that Square Enix found the Disney thing a little burdensome the further the Kingdom Hearts series goes on. Instead of it being interwoven into the story, it became more a case of, the characters end up in a Disney setting, but the Disney setting has little influence on the story, like it did in the first two games and I think that's a bit of a shame.

Clive needs to be a compelling protagonist. More so if there isn't going to be a proper classical style party.

For some reason I totally forgot he was called Clive..... That's erm,not a good start for making him compelling. NO OFFENCE, if you're name happens to be Clive whoeever reads this, but it doesn't jump out at you as a Final Fantasy Protagonists name, not to me anyway.

It'd be like if Lara Croft, was called I dunno, Ethel Spencer or something - I just think OLD WOMAN when I hear a name like that - APOLOGIES TO ALL ETHEL'S ALSO ??

22 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Ah nice, Tekken 7 is really Easy to plat that's why i have so if you want a Fighting game that's not hardcore to do that's the one :P Undernight too, both are a bit tedious maybe? But nothing hard like 500 combos to learn and do perfectly thankfully! Soul Calibur yeah i loved the Series back on Ps2 and 3! Then ti got pretty much lost in my eyes it doesn't catch me much now. Street fighter 6 looks great, not that i'll get but i'll watch it for sure streamed! AH that's a crime telling me about Persona when it's my 1/2nd favourite game ever xD Anyway yeah the story follows after it so by itself you'll lose a bit despite beign a self explantory story in the end! 

I'll keep that in mind about Tekken, I wouldn't mind picking up at least one or two Tekken games, because right now I have Tekken Revolution (the free to play one) on my profile, and I expect most people would look at that and be like WTF does he have that on there for xD

I used to be very into Soul Calibur, but I haven't actually played once since... Soul Calibur IV. The one that had the Star Wars characters in it as guest characters.

Oh I do like Persona, but the only Persona game I've played properly is Persona 3, which I really love, I'm hoping some of them get a nice little re-release so I get a chance to experience Persona 4. Then I'll consider maybe looking at the fighting one... MAYBE haha.

I Mean back some years ago yeah, but recently? Aside from GT i don't see any good racing game. NFS just gets worst every time, The crew 2 i saw it it's terrible and other games on the genre, i don't have any in mind do you? It's sadly a genre that is impressive how it got worst every year instead of better, like sport games. 

Oh i played it on Ps3 and i can assure you Hot Pursuit it's Awesome indeed! Lot of fun i wanna re-play it this year, it was the last good NFS with Most Wanted on Ps3.

Yeah, you've got me on that one! I can't think of a recent great one, I'm sure there are some. But I'm usually playing games years after they've come out ? The most recent racer I think I've played is probably Wreckfest (which I personally really liked) and then before that probably Need for Speed: Payback which is one of those terribly middle of the road games where nothing is very good, or really offensively bad either.

Glad to hear that about Hot Pursuit, it'll likely be the next racer I play when I get the itch to play one again!

Oh the Ace attorney Series (Well Aside 2-3 of them) is for me one of the greatest series ever, absolutely in my top 10! I just love investigation games and the Courtroom apsect it's incredible too i have played the First trilogy like 4 times, 3 on Ds and 1 on Ps4 and greatly Enjoied the Great Ace attorney this year so i absolutely recommend them! 

I'll definitely make a note of them, and try and pick them up in a sale, because I've always wanted to play the Ace Attorney games, but I've not had a handheld long enough for years to actually start and play them, so being able to actually try some on a console would be awesome.

I Mean, it's square so it's not odd seeing stupid decisions :awesome: Well AC online wasn't bad just pretty boring i guess? After some games it was pretty much the same thing, i have a great memory about it in Brotherhood because i boosted it and enjoied the session but in Revelation it was boring being identical. Plus having to do 50+20 levels didn't help. Ah it's still open? Impressive, yeah go back to it or it will close i'm surprised it's not! 

Square seem to be making a habit of that lately ?

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the online multiplayer side of the AC games. I really liked them, even last year when I went back to do a bit of trophy clean up on Black Flag I had a lot of fun with it, I think it really helps to play it with some friends, or people you talk to a lot, as that really can enhance the experience, it sure did for me. I even really enjoyed the co-op in Unity, but maybe that's just me being a bit odd, perhaps? ?

265? Goddamn, great patience you have i don't know if i would bother xD But if you enjoy it obviously like it is i  guesss it's a matter of time!

Thanks. Yeah it's better doing things when you atually feel like it, don't know about you but if i force myself it's worst i'll probably get bored or burnt out of it be it writing something or even playing or life stuff it's general for me. I Imagine i'm not alone :P

Haha, it is quite a few isn't it  ?

Absolutely! If I forced myself I'd get burned out too, you're definitely not alone at all, in a lot of those aspects. That's why I sometimes go like a week or so between writing those older platinum reviews sometimes, the minute any type of writing feels like it's going to be a chore, that's usually my sign to put it off until it doesn't feel like that anymore.

I Mean it's bascially the "Review" i've heard the most around i personally liked it, i can agree some points could have been explained or told better yeah but i enjoied every moment and would happily do another run of it! Plus i like how it gets faster the gameplay i'm curious in the 4Th one. I Mean i didn't knwo almost anything from the mobiule one and i got it all, it wasn't relaly needed you are just a random avatar in the Town in the mobile game for what i know you don't see anything with the Masters and their stories specifically.

Ah i see, nice! I do like both of them too! I think they are absolutely wonderufl the only problem it's the Freakin Long LONG tropheis they choosed for them xD ... :(

Oh I definitely didn't dislike Kingdom Hearts III, not all that much anyway, I just had a very distinct feeling after I finished it of "we waited nearly 16 years, for that......Okay then" 

There's lots of it I liked, and a lot of bits I thought were a bit unnecessary. Kingdom Hearts III has a whole lot of fans though, so it definitely did something right.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Kingdom Hearts IV. What I'm hoping for, and what it will be, are probably very different things, I'd like to see Sora as an adult, because let's face it, he's been a teenager forever, and they could do some really interesting new things with him as a character that way AND keep Hayley Joel Osment in the role. 

I agree that some of those KH platinums are certainly a little brutal as far as time commitment goes haha!

Eh i get you on that side, i played it in a neutral stage and i didn't enjoy it that much. It's just a lot worst than 3 and NV both as area and story, i still ahve the Dlcs too to do, and actually get to Lv50 for the plat just missing that to tell you  my desire to play it. So good luck on that maybe you'll like it more!

I'm hoping I enjoy Fallout 4 a little more too, it just didn't really click with me all that much, however much I wanted it to, so I'm hoping when I return that I do like it. I hope you like it a little more if you ever return to it too!

I mean some slow pace nad fast one during the road it's normal it depends on how busy epople are, you are i think you are a really steady person and so this checklist will be great like it is! Congrats on Evoland, Pool Nation and Limbo too! Expescially on Limbo i miss that one No more than 5 death trophy so, impressive! 

Good luck with Dishonored now! :highfive:

Thank you!

I really enjoyed those three. You should go back for Limbo if you ever feel like you want to, it's such a great game, and if my half awake zombie brain can manage to do that 5 Deaths or less run then you absolutely can!

Thanks for the luck with Dishonoured, I have just one very luck based trophy left so I am going to have to cash in some of that luck I think, but I'm looking forward to nabbing that 100% in Dishomoured, I'm inching closer and closer now. Then I get to FINALLY play Dishonoured 2, which I'm really looking forward to!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Thanks for the luck with Dishonoured, I have just one very luck based trophy left so I am going to have to cash in some of that luck I think, but I'm looking forward to nabbing that 100% in Dishomoured, I'm inching closer and closer now. Then I get to FINALLY play Dishonoured 2, which I'm really looking forward to!

I never realize you haven't played the sequels, now you absolutely must 100% Dishonoured so you can move to the next ones!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I never realize you haven't played the sequels, now you absolutely must 100% Dishonoured so you can move to the next ones!

I have not! I wouldn't allow myself to until I got the 100% on Dishonoured so I'm glad that you finally were the hugest motivator in getting me to return to it. I've only got By My Hand Alone and then Void Star and then the one Brigmore Witches trophy and I should be all good to go! As I said I'm really looking forward to diving into the other two!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 0:07 AM, rjkclarke said:

Fingers crossed for Revelations 3 then!

Absolutely! Would love it! However Capcom seem to be wanting to do mostly remakes in terms of RE games at the mo, so what is the likelihood?

I had no idea you could even talk to him whilst you were dodging him. I'd rather see Claire getting to proposed to by Mr X than being creeped on by that gimp Steve... It's been a few days since I mentioned how much I hate his character 1f913.png1f606.png

Barry definitely does encapsulate the cheesiness of that original Resident Evil that's for sure!

Haha no no. When you're playing the game so much over and over, you end up (or I have at least) trying to add some humour to certain parts yourself lol 

OMG you have Steve on the mind lol think we need to put a ban on any mention of him from you haha otherwise you lose a bet and have to play a game of my choice hahaha

Oh yeah absolutely! It's pretty funny that the guy who played him in the live action part in the original was a principal at a high school!

Sounds as if you've still got some solid reasons to go back to the PS3 then. I do, of course, but I find I have to really want to nowadays. I actually don't mind going back to the DS3 though, I'm pretty fond of that controller, even though the DS4 is probably better. I've never had a single DS3 controller go wrong in my 11 years of owning a PS3, whereas I'm on my fourth DS4 Controller now haha :dunno:

Yeah absolutely! Sonic all stars racing transformed I want to have back again on Vita too. Gave up on those too quickly but they were very hard compared to Sega and Sonic all stars racing. Want to see how many more trophies I can get though, and heard a lot of good things about Unleashed. Just kind of pass me by that one for some reason. 

Yeah the DS4's build quality was lacking compared to the DS3 for some reason. It's disappointing how the buttons will start to stick or the usb port will stop functioning etc. The Dualsense does feel great in the hands though, quality controller with the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback being very cool features.

But I only ever play games that I have an interest in.... To quote How I met Your Mother....

Haha

Is it bad that I've never really watched that show?

I don't mind it too much, I've only very rarely set aside a game as a specific milestone occasionally, so it's not too big of a problem for me personally. I get where you're coming from though.

I'm sure you'll enjoy having Final Fantasy VII Remake pride and place as number 300 though, that'll definitely be a cool one to nab.

Well FFVII is my 30th platinum so thought would be cool to have the remake as 300 lol 

Yeah I know, it's my thing and I'm sure a lot of others don't really care for milestone, certainly to the length that I do.

I'm sure it'll likely go on sale even lower than the price I paid for it, so keep a look out for it!

There are already some really good guides out for Evoland, but they aren't trophy guides strictly. They'll just ensure you'll get all the trophies. I don't know that I'd be eager to write a guide though, having to write specific strategies for each differet type of gameplay in those games would take a long time. If you do get the game,I'll just send you a link to the ones I used when I was cleaning up collectibles haha xD

Well it's on the PSN store games to get list I have, so if it hits that price point then it might get purchased! You've managed to get me to add one of your recommendations to my games to buy list. Kudos to you haha

I'd appreciate that! Did you decide to try and do a Snooker trophy guide? Oh I just saw another Snooker game trophy list pop up on the main page, Snooker Nation I think it's called?

I get the impression - rightly, or wrongly - that Square Enix found the Disney thing a little burdensome the further the Kingdom Hearts series goes on. Instead of it being interwoven into the story, it became more a case of, the characters end up in a Disney setting, but the Disney setting has little influence on the story, like it did in the first two games and I think that's a bit of a shame.

That sounds like a real shame yes. You'd think that if done properly, the two settings, characters, themes, stories etc etc could oddly mash together really well considering. 

For some reason I totally forgot he was called Clive..... That's erm,not a good start for making him compelling. NO OFFENCE, if you're name happens to be Clive whoeever reads this, but it doesn't jump out at you as a Final Fantasy Protagonists name, not to me anyway.

It'd be like if Lara Croft, was called I dunno, Ethel Spencer or something - I just think OLD WOMAN when I hear a name like that - APOLOGIES TO ALL ETHEL'S ALSO 1f913.png1f602.png

Yeah I know. My wife can't really get over the fact he is named Clive lol it's like Cloud........Tidus........Lightning.....errrr.....Clive? lol

He is going to have to be dark, brooding, have a real proper Tom Hardy/Sean Bean type English voice (Could have probably thought of better examples) in order to sell that he is supposed to be potentially got the weight of the world on his shoulders etc etc. (It's the vibe I get when I see him in trailers)

lol I'll wait for all the Clives and Ethels to come now and slaughter you!

I'll keep that in mind about Tekken, I wouldn't mind picking up at least one or two Tekken games, because right now I have Tekken Revolution (the free to play one) on my profile, and I expect most people would look at that and be like WTF does he have that on there for xD

@Sora9427 is right about Tekken 7. I'm useless at fighting games and even I was able to platinum that one. Very easy considering lol

On 6/13/2022 at 2:28 AM, rjkclarke said:

Professor RJ's Super Science-Fiction Ranking of Doctor Who... Doctor's, Part 1

Will be interesting to see if my wife's favourite Doctor Who is at No. 1!

EDIT - Looks like RE2, RE3 and RE7 will have potential autopop platinums for PS5 with the digital upgrades! Bonus! Also looks like no trophies for RE: Director's Cut on PS Plus. Real shame.

Edited by The_Kopite
Updated information
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 4:28 AM, rjkclarke said:

If you've read this far, thanks obviously, I'm very aware these sort of posts aren't exactly what you're probably  here for 1f604.png

So, my entire knowledge about doctor Who is a few episodes featuring David Tennant , I know only that he spins in a phone booth in space, he's sarcastic and has a crazy screwdriver. Also those scary ass angel statues. 

And I still loved this post xD I can't wait now for part 2! Goddamnit you Bloodmoney title stealing evildoer, you got me reading your stuff again!

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, rjkclarke said:

Quick Sidenote: that invention scene one bit never fails to crack me up after Marge gets shot with the makeup gun and she just goes "hmmm, I'm not sure women will like getting shot in the face Homer", to which he just replies in the most innocent naive, hilarious volic "Women will like what I tell them to like"

Homer, you've got it set on "whore!"

I think my first exposure to Bob Hoskins was unfortunately the Super Mario Brothers Movie! You had the better deal with that one. I think my first exposure to Winona Ryder was watching Edward Scissorhands with my sister, I used to wind her up by trying to copy that old woman voice she does in that film, which ironically she actually sounds like these days 1f602.png... Winona Ruder, erm , not my sister haha

I actually never saw that one, and in retrospect it's probably a missed opportunity, cuz I imagine I would've liked it infinitely more had I seen it as a child. I am curious though, were they able to reasonably pull off having a Latino and a Brit portray Italian brothers?

Aww, poor Winona... she got a Dorian Gray type deal where she could have something else age in place of her looks, except instead of a picture, she had to use her voice.

Smarke game #3: The Voice of Winona Ryder!

I'm hoping I enjoy Fallout 4 a little more too, it just didn't really click with me all that much, however much I wanted it to, so I'm hoping when I return that I do like it. I hope you like it a little more if you ever return to it too!

I still say, that Far Harbor DLC is head and shoulders above the rest of that game. In the very least, I can vouch for that!

Yeahmann. I'm yet to simultaneously love and hate another game the way I did Fallout 4.

....sounds like there's a love song somewhere in there, doesn't it?

On 6/13/2022 at 8:15 AM, The_Kopite said:

@Sora9427 is right about Tekken 7. I'm useless at fighting games and even I was able to platinum that one. Very easy considering lol

I'ma third this. Tekken 7 was actually quite fun, and it doesn't ask for much. I got that one in like two days I think, with the hardest trophy being to beat someone online. It was a cake walk even for me, and I'm at least as bad as @The_Kopite if not worse!

On 6/12/2022 at 6:28 PM, rjkclarke said:

Sideshows and Curiosities #3

2835.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

Professor RJ's Super Science-Fiction Ranking of Doctor Who... Doctor's, Part 1

Doctors-Assemble-66ee218.jpg?quality=90&

Professor R.J. Cornucopia's Fantastic Foodmagorium and Great American Steakery!!

I know nothing about Doctor Who (well that's not strictly true, I now know what I just read here!) but this was a cool read. I mean no surprises there, though! I always wondered why they had a revolving door of actors, that's a very inspired idea!

Also, when I started at #15 and read 2017-2022, for a split second I thought she died. My dumb thought process was as follows:

- Oh no, she died?

- Wait, she was only five years old?

- Oh my god I'm an idiot.

So if you're ever having a day where you're feeling a bit dense, just remember that my brain did that. Hopefully you'll feel a little better?

I had no idea John Hurt was in this series, impressive!

Also in that picture, Peter Davison looks like a mojito with a hat. I can't explain it, he just looks refreshing!

Ah, 80s.

Great job man, I love how you've gotten into a groove with these posts. Good shit as always?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

I'ma third this. Tekken 7 was actually quite fun, and it doesn't ask for much. I got that one in like two days I think, with the hardest trophy being to beat someone online. It was a cake walk even for me, and I'm at least as bad as @The_Kopite if not worse!

Haha we still need to find a fighting game to play to see who really is the worst of the worst lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Kopite said:

Haha we still need to find a fighting game to play to see who really is the worst of the worst lol 

I suddenly want this???

It'd be like in South Park when the Little Leaguers are competing to lose better than the other teams???

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

I suddenly want this???

It'd be like in South Park when the Little Leaguers are competing to lose better than the other teams???

Haha ? The Main Event - YaManSmevz vs The_Kopite only on that subscription service that has to pay you to watch it! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

I suddenly want this???

It'd be like in South Park when the Little Leaguers are competing to lose better than the other teams1f604.png1f604.png1f604.png

8 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Haha 1f602.png The Main Event - YaManSmevz vs The_Kopite only on that subscription service that has to pay you to watch it! 

There can be only one true way to settle this...

the purest of all fighting games!

Two buttons, no mercy!

divekick.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Two buttons, no mercy!

divekick.jpg

Looks like I'ma have to get some mini-sweat bands for my thumbs. CUZ IT'S TRAINING-TO-A-MONTAGE TIME

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Two buttons, no mercy!

divekick.jpg

Sounds like my type of fighting game! hahaha Can't afford a Rocky montage though, the ticket sales haven't justified one lol

• Like 2

Ok , it is time to shine , a Dr who discussion. Lets go. 

I have to say I am surprised that almost all of the modern doctors are at the bottom. My bottom choice would be Doctor #8 that had one appearance, a god awful Terminator ripoff that I despise. While #13 is not tops, there were some really good episodes. The Rosa Parks one is perhaps one of the strongest. Matt Smith I would also put in the middle of the pack. I did like Hurt as the war doctor, I also read the book that they published for his character. I actually would rank #12 lower than 11 or 13. I never enjoyed him or his companions. Oh and that cheesy Superhero Christmas special, bottom one for any that have been produced.   

Doctor Who: Engines of War (Doctor Who…

The War Doctor Novel. A decent story for the character. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

On 13/06/2022 at 4:15 PM, The_Kopite said:

Haha no no. When you're playing the game so much over and over, you end up (or I have at least) trying to add some humour to certain parts yourself lol 

OMG you have Steve on the mind lol think we need to put a ban on any mention of him from you haha otherwise you lose a bet and have to play a game of my choice hahaha

Oh yeah absolutely! It's pretty funny that the guy who played him in the live action part in the original was a principal at a high school!

That is true, I was doing the exact same thing yesterday when I was constantly getting sabotaged by Dogs, Tallboys and Fire breathing Street Thugs going for that Dishonoured trophy haha.

In that case my lips are sealed, or I'll probably end up with Paw Patrol on my profile xD

Oh yeah! I remember seeing that I think in one of Kai Morgan's YouTube videos. You should check out his channel by the way if you haven't, it's called Ink Ribbon, lots of Resident Evil content on there you'd probably like if you've not seen the channel before.

Yeah absolutely! Sonic all stars racing transformed I want to have back again on Vita too. Gave up on those too quickly but they were very hard compared to Sega and Sonic all stars racing. Want to see how many more trophies I can get though, and heard a lot of good things about Unleashed. Just kind of pass me by that one for some reason. 

Yeah the DS4's build quality was lacking compared to the DS3 for some reason. It's disappointing how the buttons will start to stick or the usb port will stop functioning etc. The Dualsense does feel great in the hands though, quality controller with the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback being very cool features.

Do it! There's two more Sonic platinum's for you right there!

I'm really glad that the Dualsense is a big improvement, because as much as I like the DS4, the amount of stick drift issues, and destroyed, or barely functioning R2 buttons definitely didn't fill me with much confidence it would be a good controller.

Haha

Is it bad that I've never really watched that show?

I know plenty of people who haven't seen How I Met Your Mother, especially over here in the UK, and as it's 9 series long, it's one of those ones that's a little daunting to want to get into.

Well FFVII is my 30th platinum so thought would be cool to have the remake as 300 lol 

Yeah I know, it's my thing and I'm sure a lot of others don't really care for milestone, certainly to the length that I do.

That is quite nice actually, I like that! That'll really sweet once it actually happens.

You aren't alone, trust me, there's plenty of people on the site that are big into milestones, some to an even scarier degree than you are. Crack on I say, if it's something that you get a lot of enjoyment out of!

Well with all the mad and hilarious Tekken 7 talk, it sounds like it's one to look into in the future then, I was going to start with Tekken 6 and then build my way up, but who knows when I'll actually get around to it haha.

Will be interesting to see if my wife's favourite Doctor Who is at No. 1!

EDIT - Looks like RE2, RE3 and RE7 will have potential autopop platinums for PS5 with the digital upgrades! Bonus! Also looks like no trophies for RE: Director's Cut on PS Plus. Real shame.

We'll have to see, but if they haven't appeared in Part 3, then there's a good chance they COULD be number 1 haha, we'll see when we get there, and you'll have to tell me which one is her favourite Doctor. All the ones from Part 2 onwards are a little tougher to rank, as there's very little separating them depending on how much I like them. Even Part 3 was one that I chopped and changed even when posting it, that 5 looked quite different before I posted anything.

That'll be a couple more Resident Evil Platinums for you then haha.

Shame Directors Cut of all the versions of Resident Evil 1 is the one that makes it onto Plus. Sad times haha

On 14/06/2022 at 0:27 PM, Copanele said:

So, my entire knowledge about doctor Who is a few episodes featuring David Tennant , I know only that he spins in a phone booth in space, he's sarcastic and has a crazy screwdriver. Also those scary ass angel statues. 

And I still loved this post xD I can't wait now for part 2! Goddamnit you Bloodmoney title stealing evildoer, you got me reading your stuff again!

Haha Wow! That's awesome, thanks for reading that! Glad you enjoyed that. It needs a little tidy up in the edit, I noticed. As it's got one giant sentence as a paragraph haha! So I'd better go back and change that.

That's a surprisingly accurate rundown of Tennant's era of the show actually, just off your brief look at his episodes.

Hopefully the other Bloodmoney, title stealing posts are just as much fun to write, and at least tolerable to read haha

On 14/06/2022 at 7:56 PM, YaManSmevz said:

I actually never saw that one, and in retrospect it's probably a missed opportunity, cuz I imagine I would've liked it infinitely more had I seen it as a child. I am curious though, were they able to reasonably pull off having a Latino and a Brit portray Italian brothers?

Aww, poor Winona... she got a Dorian Gray type deal where she could have something else age in place of her looks, except instead of a picture, she had to use her voice.

Smarke game #3: The Voice of Winona Ryder!

Bloody hell, my spelling was atrocious in that post, but then to be fair on myself, I had been posting for hours that  day, I think my brain might have started to melt.

Actually they did explain that whole Latino/Brit thing fairly well, and Hoskins does a passable, New Yorker/ almost Brooklyn-ite accent. But essentially the film says that Luigi is basically adopted, so they kind of get around it that way. It's not a charmless film at all, it's just very unusual.

Also it's nice to y'know see Fisher Stevens..... PLAYING SOMEONE WHITE!, like he should always be doing unlike.... *cough* Short Circuit*cough* xD??

Yep, I'm down for The Voice of Winona Ryder, we can do it like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, which ironically I stopped playing momentarily to reply here, where you have to piece together all the parts that made her voice eventually sound like that.

I still say, that Far Harbor DLC is head and shoulders above the rest of that game. In the very least, I can vouch for that!

Yeahmann. I'm yet to simultaneously love and hate another game the way I did Fallout 4.

....sounds like there's a love song somewhere in there, doesn't it?

I'm very pleased to read that! I want to like that game so much more than I do, and I want to make sure it definitely wasn't just a massive ME problem, like it often is with video games, so I do look forward a little more to jumping back into it. You were the one who ended up convincing me to get the Season Pass when you reviewed it, so it'll be nice to be able to reappraise the game in my mind.

Professor R.J. Cornucopia's Fantastic Foodmagorium and Great American Steakery!!

I know nothing about Doctor Who (well that's not strictly true, I now know what I just read here!) but this was a cool read. I mean no surprises there, though! I always wondered why they had a revolving door of actors, that's a very inspired idea!

Also, when I started at #15 and read 2017-2022, for a split second I thought she died. My dumb thought process was as follows:

- Oh no, she died?

- Wait, she was only five years old?

- Oh my god I'm an idiot.

So if you're ever having a day where you're feeling a bit dense, just remember that my brain did that. Hopefully you'll feel a little better1f602.png

I had no idea John Hurt was in this series, impressive!

Also in that picture, Peter Davison looks like a mojito with a hat. I can't explain it, he just looks refreshing!

Ah, 80s.

Great job man, I love how you've gotten into a groove with these posts. Good shit as always1f642.png

Haha! Cheers dude!

It's funny you mention that thing about thinking she was five, because when I looked at it, I did think it looked a little like a life to death thing, so don't feel too stupid haha!

I just thought it'd be nice to show how long they were in the role for.

John Hurt would be so much higher on the list if he'd appeared more I think, well and I'd actually gotten around to experiencing some more of the expanded media stuff featuring his Doctor, once I do, he might get bumped up the list, at some point. 

I love that description of Peter Davison! That's great, it's going to be hilarious seeing what the hell you make of some of the other costumes that the other 80's Doctors had to endure, I think he got a lucky break, basically being all dressed in Cricket Whites, and a sweet hat! I own one of those as well, by the way, not one used in the show obviously, but a hat just like that!

Thanks again! I really did enjoy writing that one, I didn't expect barely anyone to even read it, I was just content to write it, so it's so awesome of all of you to actually take the time to give it a read,. I appreciate that so much! Plus, no lawsuit from Doc yet, BONUS xD

34 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Ok , it is time to shine , a Dr who discussion. Lets go. 

I have to say I am surprised that almost all of the modern doctors are at the bottom. My bottom choice would be Doctor #8 that had one appearance, a god awful Terminator ripoff that I despise. While #13 is not tops, there were some really good episodes. The Rosa Parks one is perhaps one of the strongest. Matt Smith I would also put in the middle of the pack. I did like Hurt as the war doctor, I also read the book that they published for his character. I actually would rank #12 lower than 11 or 13. I never enjoyed him or his companions. Oh and that cheesy Superhero Christmas special, bottom one for any that have been produced.   

YES! Fantastic (HA, Christopher Ecclestone reference ?).... Let's go for it, Your Highness ??

This is also exactly what I meant with "Feel free to come in and tell me how wrong I am" haha! I'm all about that!

Oh boy - you're going to go ballistic when you see where #8 ends up then.... He isn't number 1 before you panic too much, but he's much higher than it looks as if you think he should be. TECHNICALLY ?xD he appeared twice, somehow the 7 minute mini episode he did  is better than the TV Movie. 

You know what? I DON'T LIKE THE TV MOVIE VERY MUCH  EITHER.... No seriously, I don't. I like the first forty-five minutes of it, really atmospheric and well shot, all the stuff with Doctor #7 is pretty good.  #8 is barely in that part, but other than that it's an absolute mess. Especially the horrible Jesus analogies that they threw in throughout that, that was quite unnecessary. 

That's interesting you mention the Rosa Parks one.... because I agree that is a really top story from Jodie's era, the problem I have with it, is that it undermines its own point by introducing that stupid sci-fi element into it, with that dickhead I just like to call "The Space Racist." I think the "villain" of the story if you want to call them that, should have been the people of Montgomery, and them alone. Just let the fact it's a time travel episode, about an important event in history that can't be changed speak for itself, because some of the acting in that scene on the bus is heartbreakingly sad, when they can't do anything however much they want to. They all nailed that so well. 

I thought the partition of India episode was a really good one during Jodie's run as well. Especially with how it approached "the observers" as just that, instead of a deliberate threat. Honestly, I think Jodie probably be one notch higher than the Shalka Doctor or had that Jo Martin, Fugitive Doctor on the list instead, because that's just me being overly happy that one of my favourite actors got to play the part, however briefly, so I might bump her up the list.

#12 is a tricky one. and he's actually appearing in the next part, you'll have to read it to find out where, and why ? in the words of River Song.... "SPOILERS" but briefly, I mostly agree with you on #12, but you'll probably see why I've put him a little higher on my my personal list. 

We still have Tennant, Capaldi and Ecclestone left to rank, so the new series Doc's aren't all down low.

I'll have to give that War Doctor book a read if you think it's worth it?  I'm pretty sure I bought it with the intention of reading it, but never quite got around to it.

Part 2 and 3 is where there is just very small margins separating the Doctor's for me, so those ones are going to be ones I'll end up changing mid-post like I did with this one, as I was writing it, even though I already have what I intended to be the final list written down in a word doc. .

Please do tell me how wrong I am when I put up Part 2 though, I'm always up for a friendly Doctor Who discussion!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That is true, I was doing the exact same thing yesterday when I was constantly getting sabotaged by Dogs, Tallboys and Fire breathing Street Thugs going for that Dishonoured trophy haha.

In that case my lips are sealed, or I'll probably end up with Paw Patrol on my profile xD

Oh yeah! I remember seeing that I think in one of Kai Morgan's YouTube videos. You should check out his channel by the way if you haven't, it's called Ink Ribbon, lots of Resident Evil content on there you'd probably like if you've not seen the channel before.

Haha well there you go then. A natural gamer thing to do lol

Exactly! I'm watching you! 

Oh yeah, I've heard of Ink Ribbon, think I've watched one or two videos but never got back to it. I'll have to remember to do so!

Do it! There's two more Sonic platinum's for you right there!

I'm really glad that the Dualsense is a big improvement, because as much as I like the DS4, the amount of stick drift issues, and destroyed, or barely functioning R2 buttons definitely didn't fill me with much confidence it would be a good controller.

Absolutely! Got the PS3 one but not the Vita one but will get it eventually. Gives more life to the Vita too which is nice. (Also ironic giving how Vita in Italian means Life)

The DS4 is a great controller and I like it too like you do, but exactly it is farcical how essentially brittle it is. We have 4 controllers here and only 1 of them works as it should. Ridiculous considering their cost.

I know plenty of people who haven't seen How I Met Your Mother, especially over here in the UK, and as it's 9 series long, it's one of those ones that's a little daunting to want to get into.

I know it's a comedy. I know there's a sequel about the father. I know who Neil Patrick Harris is and knew Alyson Hannigan from Buffy. That's pretty much about it lol.

We'll have to see, but if they haven't appeared in Part 3, then there's a good chance they COULD be number 1 haha, we'll see when we get there, and you'll have to tell me which one is her favourite Doctor. All the ones from Part 2 onwards are a little tougher to rank, as there's very little separating them depending on how much I like them. Even Part 3 was one that I chopped and changed even when posting it, that 5 looked quite different before I posted anything.

That'll be a couple more Resident Evil Platinums for you then haha.

Shame Directors Cut of all the versions of Resident Evil 1 is the one that makes it onto Plus. Sad times haha

I'm going to check each rating out and keep an eye on her favourite. I reckon they will be pretty high up your list. Just not sure how high. Then again I don't watch Doctor Who so I could be entirely mistaken lol

Yep, RE2R worked out like a charm. Was slightly hard to work out exactly how to go about it to ensure it would all pop, but it did and 2 plats for the price of 1 is a good thing in my book lol

Yeah I know. I listened to a 'All Save Room Music' video on Youtube for Resident Evils and my god, the awesomeness and classicness of the OG RE1 save room theme (that was faithfully replicated and enhanced some might say in the remake) was just replaced with something terrible! I don't know what they were thinking of with the Director's Cut in terms of the soundtrack. Deary me. 

That is quite nice actually, I like that! That'll really sweet once it actually happens.

You aren't alone, trust me, there's plenty of people on the site that are big into milestones, some to an even scarier degree than you are. Crack on I say, if it's something that you get a lot of enjoyment out of!

Thanks I appreciate that! Thought it would be nice! Before you ask, no I won't be waiting until Platinum 3000 for part 2 and 30000 for part 3 lol (I don't know how I missed these messages but this is in an odd order now lol oooops)

Yeah I do, everyone has their thing with trophies. Some don't like autopopped platinums. Some don't like EZPZed (lol) ones. Some are all about 100% every game they play. I like the milestones and enjoy it all so there you go. Each to their own.

Well with all the mad and hilarious Tekken 7 talk, it sounds like it's one to look into in the future then, I was going to start with Tekken 6 and then build my way up, but who knows when I'll actually get around to it haha.

Just dive straight into Tekken 7 -  you can even be Noctis I believe! Bring back all those warm vibes from FFXV!

• Like 1

I guess I'll just reply now, as you quite literally posted that the same minute I posted a review I think haha! xD I don't think that's happened before. ?

Oh yeah, I've heard of Ink Ribbon, think I've watched one or two videos but never got back to it. I'll have to remember to do so!

You should, he's got some really good videos on there. Some pretty nice and short ones too, like lists of random facts about each of the games.

he DS4 is a great controller and I like it too like you do, but exactly it is farcical how essentially brittle it is. We have 4 controllers here and only 1 of them works as it should. Ridiculous considering their cost.

Same as me then, yeah. 4 controllers and only one of them actually is fully functional. One that has really bad stick drift, I can use for racing games, so that one isn't too bad.  They might as well have have made them out of Duplo or something. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't cost so much to get another one. 

I know it's a comedy. I know there's a sequel about the father. I know who Neil Patrick Harris is and knew Alyson Hannigan from Buffy. That's pretty much about it lol.

I have yet to see the sequel series, but I've heard some good things about it. Nice to see Hilary Duff getting a decent part.  I actually didn't hate the ending to How I Met Your Mother like a lot of people do. I'm not going to overwhelmingly praise it either, but people really overreact to it I think.

I'm going to check each rating out and keep an eye on her favourite. I reckon they will be pretty high up your list. Just not sure how high. Then again I don't watch Doctor Who so I could be entirely mistaken lol

Well if she specifically likes the show from 2005- to now, or likes ALL of the show then at least one of the new series Doctors has made it into the top 5, but the top 5 is a fairly tough fight between the ones up there I can say that much, but I'm not saying who, or where, you'll have to read and find out haha. ?

Yep, RE2R worked out like a charm. Was slightly hard to work out exactly how to go about it to ensure it would all pop, but it did and 2 plats for the price of 1 is a good thing in my book lol

Yeah I know. I listened to a 'All Save Room Music' video on Youtube for Resident Evils and my god, the awesomeness and classicness of the OG RE1 save room theme (that was faithfully replicated and enhanced some might say in the remake) was just replaced with something terrible! I don't know what they were thinking of with the Director's Cut in terms of the soundtrack. Deary me. 

I guess that's true, you definitely can't complain about two for the price of 1 haha.

Well there was that whole thing about RE:Directors Cut's music being written by a deaf guy, but it turns out that guy isn't even what you could legally call deaf, and someone else wrote them it turns out, so the music thing is half the reason I never really feel the urge to return to RE: Director's cut haha. It's just such a weird situation.

Thanks I appreciate that! Thought it would be nice! Before you ask, no I won't be waiting until Platinum 3000 for part 2 and 30000 for part 3 lol (I don't know how I missed these messages but this is in an odd order now lol oooops)

You probably COULD get to 3000 platinum's by the time that remake part 2 comes out with the amount of breakthrough games that are coming out thick and fast, that really wouldn't surprise me. Just play every stack of ZJ The Bouncing Buttplug and Zippy From Rainbow's Animatronic Anus parts - 1-10 and you'll probably be able to get to 2999 in no time ?

Yeah I do, everyone has their thing with trophies. Some don't like autopopped platinums. Some don't like EZPZed (lol) ones. Some are all about 100% every game they play. I like the milestones and enjoy it all so there you go. Each to their own.

Precisely, I'm not going to look down on anyone for playing games how they want to, despite how the previous bit might read. That was more a knock on Breakthrough as a company than people that choose to play those games.

Just dive straight into Tekken 7 -  you can even be Noctis I believe! Bring back all those warm vibes from FFXV!

OH YAY NOCTIS, MY FAVOURITE ..... now I can't wait ?? Haha!

Edited by rjkclarke

14 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I guess I'll just reply now, as you quite literally posted that the same minute I posted a review I think haha! xD I don't think that's happened before. 1f604.png

There's always a first time for everything eh? lol

You should, he's got some really good videos on there. Some pretty nice and short ones too, like lists of random facts about each of the games.

Yes I have to remember to watch a vid again over the weekend. Always interesting in watching facts about games type vids, like the ones FF Union do.

Same as me then, yeah. 4 controllers and only one of them actually is fully functional. One that has really bad stick drift, I can use for racing games, so that one isn't too bad.  They might as well have have made them out of Duplo or something. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't cost so much to get another one. 

100% agree. Haven't really experienced the stick drift issue, it's more to do with stiff buttons on ours. Sony must have raked in a fortune on people buying replacement DS4's. 

I have yet to see the sequel series, but I've heard some good things about it. Nice to see Hilary Duff getting a decent part.  I actually didn't hate the ending to How I Met Your Mother like a lot of people do. I'm not going to overwhelmingly praise it either, but people really overreact to it I think.

Im not 100% sure I know the ending exactly but think I heard about it. If I do I wouldn't want to accidentally spoil it for anyone so can't really say anything about it lol

Glad you didn't hate it at least. TV shows like anything that you invest your time and energy into and then the ending is really rubbish/underwhelming etc. can be really annoying.

Well if she specifically likes the show from 2005- to now, or likes ALL of the show then at least one of the new series Doctors has made it into the top 5, but the top 5 is a fairly tough fight between the ones up there I can say that much, but I'm not saying who, or where, you'll have to read and find out haha. 1f602.png

She enjoyed the older ones and enjoys the ones now so yeah I'm awaiting that top 5!

I guess that's true, you definitely can't complain about two for the price of 1 haha.

Well there was that whole thing about RE:Directors Cut's music being written by a deaf guy, but it turns out that guy isn't even what you could legally call deaf, and someone else wrote them it turns out, so the music thing is half the reason I never really feel the urge to return to RE: Director's cut haha. It's just such a weird situation.

I know some don't like it, but it's honestly as far as I can remember the first time I've ever done it. Either way it's a RE plat and I spent a lot of time and energy into it so having a double plat for my efforts (essentially) is a nice reward. 

Yeah I heard about that story, very odd and well that matches up with the soundtrack tbh. Just well yeah......put the OG on the service at least Capcom lol 

You probably COULD get to 3000 platinum's by the time that remake part 2 comes out with the amount of breakthrough games that are coming out thick and fast, that really wouldn't surprise me. Just play every stack of ZJ The Bouncing Buttplug and Zippy From Rainbow's Animatronic Anus parts - 1-10 and you'll probably be able to get to 2999 in no time 1f602.png

Well now that would be a challenge in itself lol start a new thread about it haha. I'd probably become an honoury member of those companies lol which I wouldn't want to be haha. I did buy ZJ the visual novel for an easy plat and it was 39p and bought a Baseball and another one of those ones but that was it lol 

You know, I was reading your sentence and sensed a BUT coming but it didnt occur.....

I need as much money as possible for all these big new releases like FFVII Rebirth (remake part 2) being released next winter and FFVII Crisis Core: Reunion being released this winter! Never got to play Crisis Core as never owned a PSP so really looking forward to that! Just more money to spend arrrrr lol

Precisely, I'm not going to look down on anyone for playing games how they want to, despite how the previous bit might read. That was more a knock on Breakthrough as a company than people that choose to play those games.

O yeah I know. I didn't take it that way. I wouldn't have talked to you this much if you were like that, as you would have taken one look at my profile and proceeded to call me a fake gamer, whinged about the games I have the temerity to play and dissed my gamer skills etc etc........sigh.....boring....

People can play what they want, don't care as long as noone or nothing is getting hurt.

OH YAY NOCTIS, MY FAVOURITE ..... now I can't wait 1f612.png1f643.png Haha!

See! I knew you'd be pumped! haha

• Like 1

On 13/6/2022 at 1:07 AM, rjkclarke said:

I used to be very into Soul Calibur, but I haven't actually played once since... Soul Calibur IV. The one that had the Star Wars characters in it as guest characters.

Oh I do like Persona, but the only Persona game I've played properly is Persona 3, which I really love, I'm hoping some of them get a nice little re-release so I get a chance to experience Persona 4. Then I'll consider maybe looking at the fighting one... MAYBE haha.

Yeah, you've got me on that one! I can't think of a recent great one, I'm sure there are some. But I'm usually playing games years after they've come out 1f602.png The most recent racer I think I've played is probably Wreckfest (which I personally really liked) and then before that probably Need for Speed: Payback which is one of those terribly middle of the road games where nothing is very good, or really offensively bad either.

Glad to hear that about Hot Pursuit, it'll likely be the next racer I play when I get the itch to play one again!

I'll definitely make a note of them, and try and pick them up in a sale, because I've always wanted to play the Ace Attorney games, but I've not had a handheld long enough for years to actually start and play them, so being able to actually try some on a console would be awesome.

Square seem to be making a habit of that lately 1f602.png

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the online multiplayer side of the AC games. I really liked them, even last year when I went back to do a bit of trophy clean up on Black Flag I had a lot of fun with it, I think it really helps to play it with some friends, or people you talk to a lot, as that really can enhance the experience, it sure did for me. I even really enjoyed the co-op in Unity, but maybe that's just me being a bit odd, perhaps? 1f913.png

Haha, it is quite a few isn't it  1f602.png

Absolutely! If I forced myself I'd get burned out too, you're definitely not alone at all, in a lot of those aspects. That's why I sometimes go like a week or so between writing those older platinum reviews sometimes, the minute any type of writing feels like it's going to be a chore, that's usually my sign to put it off until it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Oh I definitely didn't dislike Kingdom Hearts III, not all that much anyway, I just had a very distinct feeling after I finished it of "we waited nearly 16 years, for that......Okay then" 

There's lots of it I liked, and a lot of bits I thought were a bit unnecessary. Kingdom Hearts III has a whole lot of fans though, so it definitely did something right.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Kingdom Hearts IV. What I'm hoping for, and what it will be, are probably very different things, I'd like to see Sora as an adult, because let's face it, he's been a teenager forever, and they could do some really interesting new things with him as a character that way AND keep Hayley Joel Osment in the role. 

I agree that some of those KH platinums are certainly a little brutal as far as time commitment goes haha!

Thank you!

I really enjoyed those three. You should go back for Limbo if you ever feel like you want to, it's such a great game, and if my half awake zombie brain can manage to do that 5 Deaths or less run then you absolutely can!

I Mean being F2P i would be surprised people wondering why xD

But yeah as even Kopite confirmed Tekken 7 it's really Easy and even people bad at the Genre like us can plat it :P Don't know about the others honestly! 

Ah no i Stopped at 3 i think? The one with the AC characetr in it too i think which maybe didn't even had trophies at the time, can't remember.It was a great Series, got forgotten that one too sadly.

I Mean, after the latest news now then i'm gonna bother you until you Play P4Golden when it releases next year on Ps4 then :awesome: Jokes aside i really Recommend it, such a wonderful game and story even more in the Original language (Thankfully it had great English VA too at the time still). For me i never played P3 since i started with Golden on Vita for the Series so i'll catch up on that!

Yeah sadly the Racing Genre is getting really bad and worst every year, at least there is GT7 for the future that doens't have a 500+ hours plat this time! Oh Wreckfest i agree looks great i want it! But more than racing it's a destruction derby kinda of Game. Yeah for me Payback is alreayd in the Many Bad NFS list.

Well when you feel like playing a Racing game then you'll have a good one to choose at least :D 

Ah i see, i played them Back on my Ds years and years ago first. Obviously if you couldn't they came out just 2 years ago everywhere. I think they are on sale now? Or were last sale? Can't remember, still it's hard that they drop under 50% which i think it's fair it's 15 € so you are paying properly 5 € per Title! When you get them enjoy without worrying too much about realism because it's not the best aspect of the game xD 

I Mean Square doing awful decision it's not a only a lately thing sadly. 

Ah well about the online in AC recently i can't say anything. I didn't try it. I stopped after AC3 where for me the Saga/series ended. I don't like the current formula and for the old one, Unity catches indeed my attention but not much, black flag no, i don't really like Pirate themed stuff much, the spin off (Or One off i guess?) Of it was enough for me :P So i can't say about the online being better and funnier if it is so, at least they improved that part of it that's nice.

I would say a Few without the 5 in the Middle Maybe, but 256 ?

Yeah wise choice! If you start forcing and writing out even when you don't feel like it will just end up making the Hobby heavy and probably making you likingl ess too of what you write down, it's the same for me! I Imagine Even A LOT MORE for you writing such long reviews and replyign to everyone!

I Mean i can get the dissapointment, i'm just biased with KH i have no problem saying it so i'm really happy with the game especially Gameplay wise. Story too my only Complain is the Ending yeah i would have much liked finally seeing this Romantic story at end and then start another journey maybe to continue, i'm gonna be 50 at this rate when i see a Kiss i'm waiting since i'm like 12 to see :giggle:

For KH4 i'm really curious to see what they do i would like to have Different session where you use Either Sora, Riku or Kairi! But we'll see we onyl ahve 1 trailer so far and the City looks gorgeous, the Gameplay looks even more fluid than the 3Rd one, seems awesome! We'll see what Nomrua does with what's the name? I call him "His Noctis" because that's what the character is xD 

Oh Indeed if they werent' so Long i would have done them all already ?

Thanks! But i hope it works for you i went back some days ago i got bored fast. It just doens't feel fun, no great weapons, you always have few resources unless you "farm" and, at least for me, it feels like playing a worst Fallout 3 and i hate that feeling in a game, when i'm playing a Worst of the Previous games. 

Thanks for the support, maybe i'll try when i feel up to it, biggets problem with Limbo is i would have to watch a Video because, who remmebers traps and stuff now? 

AH! I see, Annoying stupid random Based trophies, always Such fun to do.... Good luck i hope you cna be done with those soon and get to the 2nd one then! 

Meanwhile congrats on the 2 100%! Stick it to the Man doens't catch me (Especially the Visual) but reading a bit of your review Ethan Carter looks like those kind of nice stories you go around and explore things and the story unfolds, kinda like Edith finch which i enjoied quite a bit, guess i'll keep an eye for it on sale then! 

• Like 1