Trophies for Mental Health (Event)

33 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Oh ya now that you mention it! FFVI(not that we have a platinum :'( ) , FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX(If explained properly), Idk about FFXII.

FFXIII yup! 

FFXV yup that I can think of something 

The golden age FFs are all good for sure

FFX is tricky, but I think you could look at Tidus's childhood and those flashbacks of living in the shadow of his father and the specific issues with their relationship and how Tidus was able to overcome all of it. You could also go other directions with Tidus and others in the party as well, but I don't want to get too spoiler-ish.

I couldn't really think of anything for XII except maybe the griefing from the deaths from the war, but it's not really the best example and doesn't really do it justice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

FFX is tricky, but I think you could look at Tidus's childhood and those flashbacks of living in the shadow of his father and the specific issues with their relationship and how Tidus was able to overcome all of it. You could also go other directions with Tidus and others in the party as well, but I don't want to get too spoiler-ish.

I couldn't really think of anything for XII except maybe the griefing from the deaths from the war, but it's not really the best example and doesn't really do it justice.

God I wish we had a FFVI remaster/platinum

Ya FFX without getting spoilerish would need a good explanation, which if it's a first playthrough for someone may be tough. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya FFX without getting spoilerish would need a good explanation, which if it's a first playthrough for someone may be tough. 

It's funny. I know quite a bit about FFVI, but never played it. Probably going to pick it up on PS3 at some point and play it, but I'm honestly hoping for a port to the PS4 or Nintendo switch so I can have it on a more modern console.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's funny. I know quite a bit about FFVI, but never played it. Probably going to pick it up on PS3 at some point and play it, but I'm honestly hoping for a port to the PS4 or Nintendo switch so I can have it on a more modern console.

Oh God yes you should play it, it's more like ff4 and ff5 but better. 

As long as they don't do that weird sprite upscaling that plagued chrono trigger before they fixed it, any port would do. 

I say get it off ps3/vita and just start playing! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Best FF of all time

Must be played ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Best FF of all time

Must be played ?

I think you can play it on your phone as well, however I'd recommend the port. I think there was some dialogue and some mechanics with Gau that got screwed up with the port, which is why I still have my SNES copy. I play that one every once in a while and still have my original save from the first time I did the Opera house scene. FFVI has several of my favorite characters from the whole series in Locke, Celes and Shadow. It's definitely worth playing, even 30 years later lol

12 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

This is my biggest wish in all of video games....that and a remaster of Warsong lol I bet maybe ten people on PSNP have ever played that one

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Briste said:

I think you can play it on your phone as well, however I'd recommend the port. I think there was some dialogue and some mechanics with Gau that got screwed up with the port, which is why I still have my SNES copy. I play that one every once in a while and still have my original save from the first time I did the Opera house scene. FFVI has several of my favorite characters from the whole series in Locke, Celes and Shadow. It's definitely worth playing, even 30 years later lol

This is my biggest wish in all of video games....that and a remaster of Warsong lol I bet maybe ten people on PSNP have ever played that one

Sabin, Edgar, Setzer, Strago....team of champions :)

• Like 2

Ok, so it's already 1st May in Japan and I just completed the game "The Suicide of Rachel Foster"

So erm, genuinely not sure how I can describe this game in too much detail without giving away major plot spoilers as I think the best part of the game is the story and describing details. Well I am sure anyone who has finished this game already knows exactly what I mean.

The game is a cross between Gone Home and Firewatch, Gone Home in that you're exploring a hotel (instead of a house like in Gone Home) and like Firewatch you spend most of the game talking with someone on the phone that you never meet (like you did in Firewatch)

Without really wanting to spoil the story, most of the deep distressing stuff happens right near the end and it is very brief, and there's even a few jump scares and supernatural stuff that I wasn't expecting. I honestly wish I could go into more detail without spoiling it.

I can say, though that the suicidal stuff is not really covered in the game much at all and ends up becoming more of a plot device more than anything, and just something that happens to be part of the story, so the first 90% of just normal exploration and stuff. There are two endings but they are practically identical and don't change the final outcome barely at all.

Unfortunately I had to play in multiple sessions taking frequent breaks because you can't turn off head bobbing in the options and I started to suffer with motion sickness quite a few times.

It's a decent game though and well worth playing, I got lost a fair few times and had to use the guide but I highly suggest you just use the non spoiler guide on this site. A lot of easily missed trophies and due to having to listen to a lot of dialogue, I would not want to play through this whole game twice. Well, I think you'll definitely thank me later if you do decide to try and do this all in one run.

[edit] OK, for anyone interested, the story is spoiled Don't read unless you DON'T plan on playing the game!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! lol

Last chance to turn back, spoilers incoming. Haha.

Ok so the interesting plot twist is the actual name of the game. As you look around the house you'll discover various clues that will make you think Rachel is alive, through a bit of paranormal and also evidence to support the idea.

You are trapped in the house for several days due to snow, you are there to sell the place and the guy helping you on the phone claims to be in an office many miles away from you. In the end however you discover he is actually in the abandoned area of the house with you. He finally gets you to jog your memory, and eventually you remember as a young child that it was your mother who killed Rachel and that she didn't kill herself and as part of some sort of religious cult, everyone was witness to it, including some children, including you and also the guy on the phone albeit as young children who probably didn't quite understand what was going on at the time. The guy on the phone is vindicated that he finally found out how she died as it was his sister, and he has apparently has not been outside for 10 years since the incident, while on the phone he runs outside in the snow and freezes to death while talking to you. You try to convince him but crackling starts and he is gone. The game is like Firewatch/Gone To The Rapture and you never meet the other person.

So yes, the game is actually

"The Murder Of Rachel Foster"
 It's a good game, despite it making me motion sick a fair few times.
At the end of the game you go a bit crazy with sadness as you're the only person left out of this situation, you get to either kill yourself with gas fumes in your car or turn off the car fumes and live, the ending is mostly the same though and you decide not to sell the hotel.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Ok, so it's already 1st May in Japan and I just completed the game "The Suicide of Rachel Foster"

So erm, genuinely not sure how I can describe this game in too much detail without giving away major plot spoilers as I think the best part of the game is the story and describing details. Well I am sure anyone who has finished this game already knows exactly what I mean.

The game is a cross between Gone Home and Firewatch, Gone Home in that you're exploring a hotel (instead of a house like in Gone Home) and like Firewatch you spend most of the game talking with someone on the phone that you never meet (like you did in Firewatch)

Without really wanting to spoil the story, most of the deep distressing stuff happens right near the end and it is very brief, and there's even a few jump scares and supernatural stuff that I wasn't expecting. I honestly wish I could go into more detail without spoiling it.

I can say, though that the suicidal stuff is not really covered in the game much at all and ends up becoming more of a plot device more than anything, and just something that happens to be part of the story, so the first 90% of just normal exploration and stuff. There are two endings but they are practically identical and don't change the final outcome barely at all.

Unfortunately I had to play in multiple sessions taking frequent breaks because you can't turn off head bobbing in the options and I started to suffer with motion sickness quite a few times.

It's a decent game though and well worth playing, I got lost a fair few times and had to use the guide but I highly suggest you just use the non spoiler guide on this site. A lot of easily missed trophies and due to having to listen to a lot of dialogue, I would not want to play through this whole game twice. Well, I think you'll definitely thank me later if you do decide to try and do this all in one run.

You can post spoilers, it's expected and can use a spoiler tag if you're really afraid someone else is playing the same game.

It's a shame though that the suicide was more of a plot device than anything. Sounds like the devs had an opportunity to really address the topic more, but decided to back off or was just using the word "suicide" as a buzz word.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Okay i finished Fractured Minds for the Event. Since i am Not a native english speaker i Hope my thoughts are Not to confusing or badly explained.

The Game was Developed by a 17 year old girl (Emily Mitchell) to explain some mental illnesses she was already facing. The Game took me only 20 Minutes to complete and has a Price of 2 Euro in the PSN Store. I read about it and wanted to see what this game is about. I need to say the first round was hard to understand for me since I have no real expierience with mental illness and have to do a second playthrough to think about more of what she tries to say with the different chapters. Did I understand every chapter? Not really.. but I has my own interpretation on some of the chapters I want to share here. (Not for all chapter because I am not sure how to interprete them). The Game is Not following any specific storytelling and Every chapter stands for its own like an art project.

If you want to play the Game yourself please stop reading here (I write with my iPad and I am not sure why I am not able to use a spoiler tag for my text so sorry for that :hmm:)

Chapter 1: The Mudane

You wake up in your room after a nightmare of some strange creature which will follow you through the whole game. The task is simple. You need your key to leave your room. Simple task but in your whole room are different keys. Only one is correct and for every wrong key picked up you will see the words „Wrong Key“. This multiplies depending on how many wrong keys you are picking up.

For me the whole chapter shows me that some people can have problems with the easiest task and get really stressed out because of it. I can also understand that this is something someone don’t want to talk about because how would other people react if you try to explain them you are not able to take care of the easiest task in your life which is normal for everyone else? Can they understand or do they make fun of you? It shows me if a task is easy for me because it is just an every day task, it doesn’t mean other people don’t have problems with it to solve the task.

Chapter 3: Comfort Zone

You are in a really comfy fireplace room with a nice armchair with a table and a snow globe on the table. On the armchair is a magnifying glass to look deeper in the snow globe. You will get into the snow globe which has snowman in it and a house. The room of the house Seems like the fireplace room from the start of the chapter. You find a key on the armchair to leave the chapter. Taking the key there will be some text below „don’t leave. You will not like it out there“

who don’t know this feeling sometimes? The world outside can look frightening cause you don’t know what will happen today or on a specific place you need to go. I saw myself a bit in this chapter because I have surly my own ticks like hating to drive with my car to a place I don’t know about. Is it easy to park there, is there enough parking slots. It is no place were I know what I can expect. As stupid as this sound, something like this is really stressing me out. I like to drive to places I feel familiar with and know were to park my car. This chapter shows me that everyone has a comfort zone but for some people it can be hard to even leave the own house because they are just to scared of what can happen and what could go wrong.

Chapter 6: Monster

You are in a big room like a heating room and in the next room is a big heart in chains. The creature from the beginning will show up and will close the door with the hard with some black stuff that you can’t reach it anymore. You fight the creature and reach the heart again were the creature is standing. The creature does something with the heart and it goes black. It will lift you up and shows you in a mirror that you look the same as the creature.

I think it is hard to explain what such people feel. I think for people with mental illness the biggest enemy are themselves. First of, the hardest part is to acknowledge that they have a problem and want to fight it and that no one can help them if they don’t See that they are the „Monster“ they Need to fight first. It’s like with an alcohol problem, if you yourself are not willing to accept you are drinking to much, no one can help you with the problem resulting from drinking to much.

I’m not sure if my thoughts on that are enough for the badge, feel free to give me feedback on that if you are missing something, maybe I can try again then ;) 

You're all good. I'm really impressed with the effort. The whole point of having you do this part is to do more than just play a game and really think about the subject. I'll try to put check marks next to people's names when they complete a badge.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's a shame though that the suicide was more of a plot device than anything. Sounds like the devs had an opportunity to really address the topic more, but decided to back off or was just using the word "suicide" as a buzz word.

Hey man, ok I added a spoiler tag to my post. Actually the game does not use suicide as a buzz word. You will kinda see what I mean if you read my spoiler. Which if anyone wants to play the game first. DO NOT read the spoiler. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Hey man, ok I added a spoiler tag to my post. Actually the game does not use suicide as a buzz word. You will kinda see what I mean if you read my spoiler. Which if anyone wants to play the game first. DO NOT read the spoiler. :)

OHHHHHH, that is a lot different! Interesting choice there at the end too. You can definitely see the mental health aspects there... Anyways, I have you marked down.

Thanks for explaining. Makes a lot more sense now.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

This is more of an off question topic than anything. Regarding mental health, I have noticed that far more people who are in the 15 - 34 age bracket admit to having mental thoughts than those who came before us. My generation (Millennials) is at the forefront when it comes to mental health awareness and finding solutions to help solve our problems. Until the last 20 years or so, there was little, if any, real help offered to those who needed medical guidance.

Now keep in mind I'm 32 years old. I'm about average here on PSNP, with a few people over a decade older, a good number of people younger than me, but a good majority within my age range, so I can definitely speak for my peers. I spent a lot of my life generally isolated and still do to an extent. But the amount of isolation not necessarily because of COVID-19 but because a number of us are afraid to go out in the open is saddening. There was a time when teachers and other kids regarded me as different, because I was diagnosed with Asperger's and Autism when I was around 5 - 6 years old. Back then in the early 1990s mental health awareness was practically unheard of, if there was any awareness it certainly didn't catch on to the masses.

Nowadays I find a lot of my peers are doing the same things I'm doing. Isolating themselves, keeping themselves locked on a computer screen, rarely talking to their friends, usually avoiding anything that involves interpersonal communication. Today's technology enables us to do things and livestream our favorite content when that didn't even exist just 15 - 20 years ago. And yet I feel more miserable. Perhaps this is where many of our mental health issues come from. Humans are social beings. We're supposed to interact with each other and when we don't, we're cut off. I watched the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks, where he is completely isolated on a island all by himself. After some time has passed, he has an imaginary friend to help keep him from going insane.

Everybody is different. I've met kids who were horribly abused growing up, and I imagine if I were to meet them today 20 years later they'd still experience many of the horrors from the past. I'm old enough now to see the flaws of society and the people within it. I very much think that the reason there is so much mental health awareness now is because we're more ingrained with technology. Food you buy at your grocery store, there was a time when ingredients and nutrition information wasn't even labeled on the food products. Today it's mandatory. We have safety regulations now that didn't even exist 20 years ago.

So what exactly is making so many of us, and so many kids half my age admitting to having mental health issues? Is it because we're more aware? Is it because isolation due to modern technology is making us scared of the outside world?

I don't know. I can't help but think my parents in contrast were more rugged, macho and able to handle a lot of the worlds problems. I'm not trying to say we can't be like they were but the amount of kids and young people I see these days coming up and admitting that they have mental health issues is of great concern to me.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I completed Heavy Rain today. I only had to finish up Perfect Crime and All Endings, picking up Trial Master along the way.

When talking about mental health and Heavy Rain, it always seems to be mainly about Ethan. Of course he suffers from depression, he feels rightfully responsible for the death of his son. On the other hand, I really see no way anyone could deal with that in a 'good' way. There are some things that you can do (or fail to prevent) that you will never be able to get over for as long as you live.

Everything that happens in the rest of the game puts even more stress onto him and to be honest he deals with that pretty well. Anyone who can still function completely normal under all that stress is probably a psychopath.

So I would rather make this about the antagonist. He has been scarred for life by the events in his childhood, which were very much not his own doing. He fails to value the feelings of other people and acts in a meticulously thought out and very selfish way, only so he can deal with a small part of his own emotions.

Anyway that was the game, back to real life. I have suffered from a quite severe depression for about 10 years of my life. I normally do not really talk about it with anyone to be honest and I will not be making an exception here. I will just say that it's good that there is more attention for mental health issues nowadays. I do not think the stigma will ever completely go away, but every bit helps.

So thanks for this event! I might return for the co-op game. That would be Killzone 3 if it counts (it has co-op mode I think).

Yeah, I agree. For as much stress that Ethan is under, it's amazing how he doesn't just fall apart completely (I guess he does if you get a bad ending, but that's beside the point). I would say it's probably his love for his son that allows him to get over his blackouts, claustrophobia, etc.

It's also a good point about the killer. He uses these trials as a way to cope with what his father would never do for him. In a way, I think the way Ethan and the killer handles their stress are good contrasts to each other and definitely shows how you can overcome it or let it consume you.

Anyways, thanks for sharing and I have you marked down!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ValenTris7 said:

For example, some people believe that the LBGT community is just a trend, when in fact they always were in the society, just in the shadows to avoid being judged/hurted, or worse. 

It was the same with gay people. I knew a few of them in my life who were engaged long before gay marriage, but they had to hide that fact from the general public.

• Like 2