Let's Fish! Hooked On World Tour Requirements Guide

Satoshi Ookami

Now that I finally got Platinum, I thought I could write up some guide for the World Tour so you can know requirements for each course. Hopefully it helps some people =D

Legend:

Eligible Fish - Probably the most annoying part of World Tour. Each class enforces special rule for fish to count. This does not apply to Skill Ups. Skill Ups are like Challenge Mode, you can catch any fish you find and it counts towards the final score.

Lure - If you win the course which has Lure written, you get a lure, easy, right? :D

TW (Total Weight) - Final score is counted through sum of all caught fishes.

Total - Final score is counted through number of caught fishes.

Max - Only the fish with the biggest weight counts. In some cases (over 6lbs) you cannot win unless you catch enormous fish. The game does not have fishes with weight between 7 lbs and 11 lbs.

Win - You win a course if you at least equal the minimum requirement (this may not always apply in weight based courses). You win a class even if you and second character have the same number of points.

Glitched Fish - This is something I have observed from playing... you may sometimes find fish that "attacks" the lure but misses 3 or more times. DO NOT try to catch it. Re-reel. Then the fish can be caught. There's no way to catch glitched fish (I have tried to let the fish "attack" 10 times with no avail)

Amateur Class

Eligible Fish - bass of any weight. Any non-bass fish is released

Number of actions per month - 1

No Tournaments - April, July, October, December, January

Months

March

Type: TW

Requirement: 2 lbs 15 oz

May

Type: Total

Requirement: 3 fishes

Lure

June

Type: TW

Requirement: 4 lbs 16 oz

August

September

Requirement: 5 lbs 6 oz

November

Requirement: 4 fishes

Lure

February

Requirement: 3 lbs 7 oz

Professional Class

Eligible Fish - bass bigger than 1 lb 10 oz. You may sometimes get 1.10 bass which is eligible (probably due to third measurement which is invisible but you cannot be sure of it)

Number of actions per month - 2

Months

March

Requirement: 7 lbs 12 oz

April

Requirement: 5 fishes

May

Type:  Max

Requirement: 5 lbs 3 oz

Lure

June

Requirement: 15 lbs 2 oz

July

Requirement: 4 fishes

August

Type: Max

Requirement: 4 lbs 9 oz

September

Requirement: 11 lbs 15 oz

October

Lure

November

Requirement: 10 lbs 8 oz

December

January

Requirement: 8 lbs 11 oz

Lure

February

Master Class

Eligible Fish - bass bigger than 2 lb 10 oz.

Number of actions per month - 3

Months

March

Requirement: 8 lbs 6 oz

April

Requirement: 6 fishes

Requirement: 10 lbs 15 oz

May

Type:  TW

Requirement: 16 lbs 9 oz

Lure

June

July

Requirement: 9 lbs 15 oz

Lure

Requirement: 14 lbs 6 oz

August

September

Requirement: 9 lbs 13 oz

October

Requirement: 13 lbs 14 oz

Lure

November

Requirement: 17 lbs 10 oz

December

Requirement: 9 lbs 3 oz

Lure

January

Requirement: 16 lbs 5 oz

February

Requirement: 12 lbs 13 oz

So hopefully someone find this useful if only even for saving time because they would know that they already cleared the requirement for winning and can Weight In :D

If anyone finds any errors, do not hesitate to correct me. There might be some Lures missing even though I'm pretty sure I've memorized every of them =D

Happy Fishing =D

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Now that I finally got Platinum, I thought I could write up some guide for the World Tour so you can know requirements for each course. Hopefully it helps some people =D

Legend:

Eligible Fish - Probably the most annoying part of World Tour. Each class enforces special rule for fish to count. This does not apply to Skill Ups. Skill Ups are like Challenge Mode, you can catch any fish you find and it counts towards the final score.

Lure - If you win the course which has Lure written, you get a lure, easy, right? :D

TW (Total Weight) - Final score is counted through sum of all caught fishes.

Total - Final score is counted through number of caught fishes.

Max - Only the fish with the biggest weight counts. In some cases (over 6lbs) you cannot win unless you catch enormous fish. The game does not have fishes with weight between 7 lbs and 11 lbs.

Win - You win a course if you at least equal the minimum requirement (this may not always apply in weight based courses). You win a class even if you and second character have the same number of points.

Glitched Fish - This is something I have observed from playing... you may sometimes find fish that "attacks" the lure but misses 3 or more times. DO NOT try to catch it. Re-reel. Then the fish can be caught. There's no way to catch glitched fish (I have tried to let the fish "attack" 10 times with no avail)

Amateur Class

Eligible Fish - bass of any weight. Any non-bass fish is released

Number of actions per month - 1

No Tournaments - April, July, October, December, January

Months

March

Type: TW

Requirement: 2 lbs 15 oz

May

Lure

June

Requirement: 4 lbs 16 oz

August

September

Requirement: 5 lbs 6 oz

November

Requirement: 4 fishes

Lure

February

Requirement: 3 lbs 7 oz

Professional Class

Eligible Fish - bass bigger than 1 lb 10 oz. You may sometimes get 1.10 bass which is eligible (probably due to third measurement which is invisible but you cannot be sure of it)

Number of actions per month - 2

Months

March

Requirement: 7 lbs 12 oz

April

May

Type:  Max

Requirement: 5 lbs 3 oz

Lure

June

Requirement: 15 lbs 2 oz

July

Requirement: 4 fishes

August

Requirement: 4 lbs 9 oz

September

Requirement: 11 lbs 15 oz

October

Lure

November

Requirement: 10 lbs 8 oz

December

January

Requirement: 8 lbs 11 oz

Lure

February

Master Class

Eligible Fish - bass bigger than 2 lb 10 oz.

Number of actions per month - 3

Months

March

Requirement: 8 lbs 6 oz

April

Requirement: 10 lbs 15 oz

May

Type:  TW

Requirement: 16 lbs 9 oz

Lure

June

July

Requirement: 9 lbs 15 oz

Lure

Requirement: 14 lbs 6 oz

August

September

Requirement: 9 lbs 13 oz

October

Requirement: 13 lbs 14 oz

Lure

November

Requirement: 17 lbs 10 oz

December

Requirement: 9 lbs 3 oz

Lure

January

Requirement: 16 lbs 5 oz

February

Requirement: 12 lbs 13 oz

So hopefully someone find this useful if only even for saving time because they would know that they already cleared the requirement for winning and can Weight In :D

If anyone finds any errors, do not hesitate to correct me. There might be some Lures missing even though I'm pretty sure I've memorized every of them =D

Happy Fishing =D

somehow stumbled upon this but it might be good if you made a real guide for it now!

This was made before Guide System was implemented =)

And it's only guide for World Championship, I don't know if it would qualify as full-fledged guide...

The reason I said it was because I know there are guides now and not when you posted. And I see, maybe if the rest of the game doesn't need much explaining then you could make a guide. 

I'd welcome a guide to this game...  

I picked it up for £1 and change in the sales, and have only dabbled in it so far, but I get the feeling that some explanation would be helpful in achieving the plat.

There's a guide on PST.org

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

guide is useful. thanks indeed. however, there's a second lure (at least that i got) in amateur. im in gold aka master class atm with jamie. first playthrough on world tour and im following the road map steps on pst.org and im certain i got 2 lures in both amateur and pro. 4 total.

edit: certain i got 2 in amateur and like 80-90% sure about 2 in pro but might've been 3 as u have listed in your guide.. your guide makes me second guess myself..

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx

guide is useful. thanks indeed. however, there's a second lure (at least that i got) in amateur. im in gold aka master class atm with jamie. first playthrough on world tour and im following the road map steps on pst.org and im certain i got 2 lures in both amateur and pro. 4 total.

edit: certain i got 2 in amateur and like 80-90% sure about 2 in pro but might've been 3 as u have listed in your guide.. your guide makes me second guess myself..

Interesting. It may also mean that the lures are actually randomly given...

just cleared all the challenges with all stars a little bit ago.. seems like it will be a long grind to plat, seeing as i have to beat the game with the other three characters still.. ugh.. any tips on how to speed it up or make the grind less boring? haha. this game isn't as bad as metacritic says it is, but its still pretty redundant and terrible.. sooner i plat, the better..

just cleared all the challenges with all stars a little bit ago.. seems like it will be a long grind to plat, seeing as i have to beat the game with the other three characters still.. ugh.. any tips on how to speed it up or make the grind less boring? 

Not really. You mentioned that you already cleared all the challenges, so now you should know where you'll find an enormous fishes. Knowing this and the requirements for winning you can easly complete the story for one character in one day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On PSN, almost every game's Plat is UR xD

That's the beauty of it bro!! The rarer the better, I say. Still haven't finished this game xD but I'm going to get around to it. Eventually. Hahaha. My vita deleted my killzone merc save data... 30+ hours lost.. Catching up on my vita recently and I only have two more playthroughs on this fishy game to finish. Ah well..

I'll never understand this game, played it 10 plus times, never caught 1 fish, tried even going in tutorial, and couldnt get a single fish to hook on my rod, and when it does theres a bunch of mechanics the game doesnt even explain to you

Um... this is hard... I don't know to properly explain the principle of fishing in this game...

Can you share what is your problem? Throwing the rod or you aren't able to attract fish with lure?

That's the beauty of it bro!! The rarer the better, I say. Still haven't finished this game xD but I'm going to get around to it. Eventually. Hahaha. My vita deleted my killzone merc save data... 30+ hours lost.. Catching up on my vita recently and I only have two more playthroughs on this fishy game to finish. Ah well..

You should finish it xD

• Like 1

Um... this is hard... I don't know to properly explain the principle of fishing in this game...

Can you share what is your problem? Throwing the rod or you aren't able to attract fish with lure?

You should finish it xD

The fishing basics are really easy.. Tap x to go slow hold in o to go fast. Going to fast snaps the line and the more a fish weighs the more resistance on the line. The chesty chick has the best skill. The blonde is the 2nd best skill. Once u get the hang of it this game it becomes extremely redundant and super easy. But there is a bit of luck to it..

Yeah I will get around to it. Started on dungeon hunter alliance but I plan to plat fishy before DHA. so yeah, it's a matter of time.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...