DrBloodmoney's Super Scientific Ranking of Games!

DrBloodmoney

13 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

That is true unfortunately...maybe the first one? Happy to see Transistor holding the crown currently and seeing how Horizon ZD didn't dethrone it, I'm curious to see what will in your eyes.

I will mark the The Last of Us for Priority Assessment ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Trying to rank all these wildly different games in one list. You are a brave man. :)

It takes a discerning eye to find the line between brave and foolhardy - and I'm definitely blurring that line with this thread, I think ?

Of course, not everyone will agree with the science - and I freely admit, it is a strange kind of task comparing Moon Cresta with Hitman Absolution, or Transistor with The Playroom, but hopefully my little reasoning write-ups will stave off any of the more pointed attacks ?

In the end, I was originally going to try and do it with like 20 different points categories - you know, graphics/ art style / originality / replayability etc, and use excel to calculate results, but I realised after a while - any time you do that, you always end up in those situations where you are going:

"Wait, on paper, this says this game is better than this one, but that can't be right!" :jaymon:

because there are intangible 'X-factors' that can't be quantified by the sum of individual components or categories.

So really, the only way to go about this, I think, is to do what I'm doing - checking each game against each other game and asking "Is it more awesome?" ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'll tell you right now - even if it was an S-Rank, (and it will be at some point), I'd still  be putting that one off for a while - I don't want to see this thread turn into the kind of dumpster fire that all it's threads seem to 1f602.png

Trust me - there's a reason I've not selected Life is Strange 2 for ranking yet either... 1f602.png

Idk man, I think if the thread doesn't have TLOU in the title, you are fine. It's what mainly attracts people. From what I've seen, the checklist section of the forums has always been chill. BTW, there actually was a LIS2 review in one of the neighboring checklist threads recently, and it went fine. Of course, the games are not being ranked there, but still.

Interested to see where Pac-Man CE DX ranks on your list. I like the original Pac-Man (well, not the actual arcade game, because I've never played it, but the NES and mobile ports) and I already claimed Championship Edition 2 when it was free last year ?. Planning to grab the first one as well while I still can. Heard both were good. 

Can I request the OG Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man for the next batch? ? I see you S-ranked those too. Would be interesting to see how CE compares to them.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

Can I request the OG Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man for the next batch? 1f642.png I see you S-ranked those too. Would be interesting to see how CE compares to them.

Both flagged on the master list for Priority Assignment ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Pleased with the scientific report this week, looks very accurate! 

Also this Transistor entry is quite the solid entry I see, maybe I should give it a go also! Since none of the games seems to overthrow it from that perched position xD YET! 

You absolutely should, my friend - Transistor is a remarkable game - it's not just squatting at the top due to the still fairly small size of the list!

I noticed that you don't have any of the three Supergiant games on your list (Bastion, Transistor & Pyre) - all three are great, though I think Transistor takes the crown among them!

Looking at your list (and your awesome checklist - kudos BTW!) you and I seem to have quite a lot of cross-over in our gaming tastes, and, as Braid/ Cuphead/ Jotun etc. show, you are more than down for a good Indie game, so I absolutely recommend diving into Supergiant's offerings post-haste!

TBH - if you want to have a quick taste of Supergiant, Bastion can be played in a browser for free - so great for a taster before diving in - though I'd be genuinely surprised if that taste didn't leave you hungry for more ?

EDIT - actually this ? last part may not be true anymore - just tried a link, and it 404'd...

still - worth picking up on Playstation regardless!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You absolutely should, my friend - Transistor is a remarkable game - it's not just squatting at the top due to the still fairly small size of the list!

I noticed that you don't have any of the three Supergiant games on your list (Bastion, Transistor & Pyre) - all three are great, though I think Transistor takes the crown among them!

Looking at your list (and your awesome checklist - kudos BTW!) you and I seem to have quite a lot of cross-over in our gaming tastes, and, as Braid/ Cuphead/ Jotun etc. show, you are more than down for a good Indie game, so I absolutely recommend diving into Supergiant's offerings post-haste!

TBH - if you want to have a quick taste of Supergiant, Bastion can be played in a browser for free - so great for a taster before diving in - though I'd be genuinely surprised if that taste didn't leave you hungry for more 1f609.png

EDIT - actually this 1f446.png last part may not be true anymore - just tried a link, and it 404'd...

still - worth picking up on Playstation regardless!

Thanks for the recommendation! Very well i will have a look. If it hits just as good I am definitely getting those. 

I played only one SuperGiant game at someone's house,Hades. Suffice to say I was VERY impressed xD

• Like 1

Just now, Copanele said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Very well i will have a look. If it hits just as good I am definitely getting those. 

I played only one SuperGiant game at someone's house,Hades. Suffice to say I was VERY impressed xD

Oh man - I am craving Hades on Playstation like a fat kid craves cookies!

It looks so damned good - I'm playing Curse of the Dead Gods at the moment, (which is constantly compared to Hades, and generally considered a Hades-lite), and I'm loving it, so I can only imagine the hold Hades will manage to get on me!

• Like 2

newtestsubjects.jpg

⚛️!!SCIENCE UPDATE!!⚛️

The next 10 (somewhat) randomly selected games to be submitted for scientific analysis shall be:

Assassin's Creed II
Dark Souls
Driver: San Francisco
Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man

Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
SAW
The Last of Us
Trine

Subjects in RED marked for ❎PRIORITY ASSIGNEMENT

[Care of @Alderriz / @Grotz99]

Can Transistor really survive yet another round as the 'Current Most Awesome' game?

Can anything manage to fall flatter than The Mysteries of Little Riddle?

Is the world ready for what I know I'm going to have to say about Jak II....

Let's find out!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

For the record, this has been a fun read.  I'd love to hear what you think of Bioshock.

Thank you very much mate ☺️

I’ll flag Bioshock for priority assessment, care of your good self! ? 

• Like 1

Cannot contain my Sun praising, Dark Souls took the top! Umbasa 2.0 xD

Glad on the choice, saying that game is phenomenal is an understatement. Now I would like to push Dark Souls II and III for analysis. BUT if you want to build upon the suspense and rank them later, that would be fine also!

I know DS2 has a special place in your liver ❤️ that bear seek seek lest definitely did something magical and I can't wait to see the details. 

Anyway, praise the Zweihander! Doing the good science there! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Cannot contain my Sun praising, Dark Souls took the top! Umbasa 2.0 xD

Glad on the choice, saying that game is phenomenal is an understatement. Now I would like to push Dark Souls II and III for analysis. BUT if you want to build upon the suspense and rank them later, that would be fine also!

I know DS2 has a special place in your liver 2764.png that bear seek seek lest definitely did something magical and I can't wait to see the details. 

Anyway, praise the Zweihander! Doing the good science there! 

I shall flag both Dark Souls II & III for priority assessment care of yourself :)

I think you may be right, I might not do both immediately, or in the same round, as there is a lot to say for entries like those ones! ?

I’ll probably spread them over a couple different updates, just to keep the train going for the less well known games, but will get to them sooner than later :) 

And thank you, sir ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

newtestsubjects.jpg

⚛️!!SCIENCE UPDATE!!⚛️

The next 10 (somewhat) randomly selected games to be submitted for scientific analysis shall be:

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Arcade Archives: Renegade
BioShock
Chronovolt
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
Gem Smashers
Hotline Miami
Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne
Lollipop Chainsaw
The Walking Dead

Subjects in RED marked for ❎PRIORITY ASSIGNEMENT

[Care of @Together_Comic]

Can newly crowned  'Current Most Awesome' game, Dark Souls, withstand all these games have to offer?

Is The Mysteries of Little Riddle ever going to shift from the 'Least Awesome Game' position it has been squatting on for round after round?

Let's find out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soraking1991 said:

Oh wow! Looks like I must really take a shot at Transistor!!

I'd like to see how Detroit: Become Human fares against this list of awesomeness

So far, the biggest takeaway from this grand endeavour seems to be spreading the good word about Transistor’s awesomeness...

... which makes it all worthwhile in my book! ? 

I’ll flag Detroit for priority assessment, post-haste! ??

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

So far, the biggest takeaway from this grand endeavour seems to be spreading the good word about Transistor’s awesomeness...

... which makes it all worthwhile in my book! 1f602.png 

Yeah reading this and seeing Transistor fighting off so much competition has made me move it off my maybe list to my to play list ?

• Like 2

Really cool idea and intrigued as to where it'll end up once you are finished! I'd like to request a Final Fantasy, a Resident Evil and a Sonic game as priority for the next lot please! You have S Ranks for loads of them so choose 1 (or 1 from each franchise if you're feeling bold!) and I'm interested to see the results ?

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

Yeah reading this and seeing Transistor fighting off so much competition has made me move it off my maybe list to my to play list 1f44d.png

I tried that a long while ago, and sadly got stuck I seem to recall and just couldn't get past that and therefore it got lost in the pile of other games, but it was definitely interesting from what I remember.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Really cool idea and intrigued as to where it'll end up once you are finished! I'd like to request a Final Fantasy, a Resident Evil and a Sonic game as priority for the next lot please! You have S Ranks for loads of them so choose 1 (or 1 from each franchise if you're feeling bold!) and I'm interested to see the results 1f44d.png

Thank you, my scientific friend!

I have flagged Final Fantasy XIII & the Resident Evil 2 Remake for priority assessment - courtesy of you!

As far as Sonic goes, I don't have much (I've never been a huge Sonic kinda guy,) but I have flagged the only one I have - Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - as well!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Thank you, my scientific friend!

I have flagged Final Fantasy XIII & the Resident Evil 2 Remake for priority assessment - courtesy of you!

As far as Sonic goes, I don't have much (I've never been a huge Sonic kinda guy,) but I have flagged the only one I have - Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - as well!

Awesome! Looking forward to the results! I think that Resident Evil 2 Remake will place pretty highly! Great game ?

• Like 1