DrBloodmoney's Super Scientific Ranking of Games!

DrBloodmoney

Btw, I wanted to let you know that I tried your scientific method to make a top 20 favorite games of all time list, and I think it actually went pretty well! I was pretty satisfied with it!

I essentially listed every console I played and listed games I really enjoyed from each one and then did the old fashioned, "Is this game more awesome than this one?" after doing it for 20 random games. And, if it wasn't better than #20, went on to the next game.

So, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're really onto something here... This method does work. Lol.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Btw, I wanted to let you know that I tried your scientific method to make a top 20 favorite games of all time list, and I think it actually went pretty well! I was pretty satisfied with it!

I essentially listed every console I played and listed games I really enjoyed from each one and then did the old fashioned, "Is this game more awesome than this one?" after doing it for 20 random games. And, if it wasn't better than #20, went on to the next game.

So, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're really onto something here... This method does work. Lol.

What are the results?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

kratos-throw-pc.gif

Swear, Beyond wants to get me with that 1f602.png1f602.png

(sick list though, that much I can agree on !!! )

It's been 2 years since I got the plat and I still have Catherine downloaded and play it from time to time. I'd be lying to myself if I didn't put at #1. xD

Not sure where you got that gif, but it's killing me, LMAO!

@DrBloodmoney

RE7 in VR mode is still one of the most unique experiences I've ever had playing games. No VR game no matter what I've tried has come close to it. It deserves a spot in the top 10.

Bloodborne is the only Souls game on the list because it's the only souls game I've played. Not really sure which one to play now tbh. Will probably give them all a whirl at some point.

As to FFX, I think the story and world captured me, and I liked how the sphere grid was set up. I am also a huge fan of blitzball and still think it's one of the best minigames in a game I've ever played.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's been 2 years since I got the plat and I still have Catherine downloaded and play it from time to time. I'd be lying to myself if I didn't put at #1. xD

Not sure where you got that gif, but it's killing me, LMAO!

Search for "Kratos throwing away computer gif" and you'll find a TON of Kratos gifs xD 

Speaking of, it's what I want to do with my PS3 whenever I remember Catherine ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Hey, not for nothing, but are you aware that the current most "in the middle" game on your checklist is Lost In Random...?

Coincidence? Or art imitating life?

?

That's funny!

..it also makes me feel pretty good about my gaming choices - I liked Lost in Random a lot, so if that's only the halfway point, then I've generally been doing pretty well picking stuff to play! ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

results.jpg

1f4c9.png1f913.png NEW SCIENTIFIC RESULTS ARE IN! 1f913.png1f4c8.png

Woohoo!!

L85937f.png

Matterfall

Okay, okay!

Funny you mentioned Super Time Force Ultra, that was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned the concept of revenge kills. I guess it applies to any game where you're in a hurry, you're just like "do I need to kill them? I'd really rather just dodge and be on my way." Might be out of my wheelhouse but I'll have a watch at least, I'm definitely intrigued!

Lbe4431.png

Resident Evil 5

Very nice! Also as someone who played this largely solo, I have to agree that the AI was perfectly fine, the experience was still a good time, and haters gonna hate. I actually ended up liking it a lot more than expected!

Loved the Rocky and David Bowie references, loved the QTEs getting the slapping around they deserve, and an interesting point about Jill - I like her role in the DLCs but I'm yet to play the Res 3 Remake.. maybe that should be moved up the list!

20220805-171233.jpg

Stray

Annapurna has been impressing the hell out of me, truth be told... maybe once the hoopla dies down a bit I'll try this one out. It's always nice to see hype being lived up to, especially for smaller developers!

Though pineapple absolutely does not belong on pizza #sorrynotsorry.

L56cadd.png

Backbone

Maybe the most interesting of the bunch. I surely could use a dose of faithful noir in my gaming life, and yours is an opinion I absolutely trust when it comes to that sort of thing (well gaming in general really, but you know what I mean). A shame about the trophy list, but if the game is good enough, fuck it, eh?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Okay, okay!

Funny you mentioned Super Time Force Ultra, that was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned the concept of revenge kills. I guess it applies to any game where you're in a hurry, you're just like "do I need to kill them? I'd really rather just dodge and be on my way." Might be out of my wheelhouse but I'll have a watch at least, I'm definitely intrigued!

If nothing else, worth it to check out the music!

Very nice! Also as someone who played this largely solo, I have to agree that the AI was perfectly fine, the experience was still a good time, and haters gonna hate. I actually ended up liking it a lot more than expected!

Loved the Rocky and David Bowie references, loved the QTEs getting the slapping around they deserve, and an interesting point about Jill - I like her role in the DLCs but I'm yet to play the Res 3 Remake.. maybe that should be moved up the list!

Ooooohhh  - do it. I admit, I didn't play the original RE3, so I'm not primed for the main complaint people had about it (that it cut out some stuff in the remake)... but I really thought it was a great game... and I genuinely think that character performance / writing made Jill the instant best character in the series!

Annapurna has been impressing the hell out of me, truth be told... maybe once the hoopla dies down a bit I'll try this one out. It's always nice to see hype being lived up to, especially for smaller developers!

Though pineapple absolutely does not belong on pizza #sorrynotsorry.

Yeah - it's nice when something has sky high expectations.... and actually meets them... it seems to so often go the other way!

But also... HOW DARE YOU?!1!

Pineapple on a pizza is ??

?

Maybe the most interesting of the bunch. I surely could use a dose of faithful noir in my gaming life, and yours is an opinion I absolutely trust when it comes to that sort of thing (well gaming in general really, but you know what I mean). A shame about the trophy list, but if the game is good enough, fuck it, eh?

Oh, it's something... if you've ever liked a noire film, I reckon there's enough here to satisfy... just strap in and prepare for some nonsense towards the end of that platinum!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

But also... HOW DARE YOU?!1!

Pineapple on a pizza is 1f61a.png1f44c.png

1f602.png

I guess we were due to disagree on something. And you know what that means...

bobs-burgers.gif

From what I understand, the Res 3 remake is relatively quick too! I absolutely loved the remake for 2, perhaps I'm looking at a no-brainer!

• Like 1

I often forget anything i want to comment whilst catching up on this checklist, so perhaps I should say, great idea, great checklist and marvellous reviews in case I have never said it.

The point in this instance I am attempting to remember to say is thank you for putting backbone in my eyeline, sounds great and something a bit different I will be purchasing asap.

Keep sciencing, any pace is progress.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Aceterix said:

I often forget anything i want to comment whilst catching up on this checklist, so perhaps I should say, great idea, great checklist and marvellous reviews in case I have never said it.

The point in this instance I am attempting to remember to say is thank you for putting backbone in my eyeline, sounds great and something a bit different I will be purchasing asap.

Keep sciencing, any pace is progress.

Thank you man - I appreciate that!

And on Backbone - that’s great! I’m always happy to get an underplayed game on someone’s radar - that’s the best outcome I can think of with this thread! 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 1:51 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

L45f7da.png

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

I've actually been eyeing this game for a while. Did not buy it due to commitment to other games, but it's on my radar for sure!

Glad to see it lives up to expectations (well..except combat) but hey, if a game can go "Never gonna give you up!" while fighting monsters and aliens, I am sold xD 

On 8/6/2022 at 1:51 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

L4495d1.png

Stray

After its reveal and initial showing over two years prior as one of a handful of games included in visual showcases of future PS5 games, "That cat game" managed to secure a place in "most anticipated" lists the world over. The reasons are obvious - we, as a culture, are, frankly, obsessed with cats. Just ask the internet. As a people, we agree on nothing. We differ on politics, we differ on movies, we differ on book and TV shows and celebrities, and virtually everything else. 
We can't even reach a consensus on whether pineapple belongs on a pizza... 
...but we all seem to love seeing a cute cat do a thing!

I am so glad this game was successful xD and YES this game is beloved because CAT!

Another game that I have to try, interested in that Mein Leben Cat trophy too, it really caused some ...unrest on the forum xD .

Ok I think this time I have some requests, if that's still up :D 
Since this is a lazy Sunday, I had a sneak peek in your list and...I would love a review of Alice Madness Returns. Truth be told, that would be a double review because that list also contains the original game American McGee's Alice. Curious what you thought about them!

P.S. Speaking of Pineapple on pizza...that's not even the final form. This is:

177.jpg_large

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

I've actually been eyeing this game for a while. Did not buy it due to commitment to other games, but it's on my radar for sure!

Glad to see it lives up to expectations (well..except combat) but hey, if a game can go "Never gonna give you up!" while fighting monsters and aliens, I am sold xD 

Yeah - definitely one of those games where it’s not exactly interesting mechanically… but it keeps things moving with everything else, and you’re done with the platinum before you really get a chance to get annoyed by it’s shortcomings!

I reckon it’s a lock for being well liked if you dug those Guardians movies - the tone is right, and the characters are fun… and that’s plenty for a big silly Triple A in this genre!

I am so glad this game was successful xD and YES this game is beloved because CAT!

Another game that I have to try, interested in that Mein Leben Cat trophy too, it really caused some ...unrest on the forum xD .

Dude - I’m not one for calling out other people’s trophy gripes as whining - but seriously… there is NOTHING THERE!

I’ve never seen so much fuss over such a nothing trophy. It’s bizarre. If I hadn’t seen that thread, I would literally have no idea which trophy people even meant if someone had said “the difficult one”.

It took me 3 tries - I’ve had walking sims take more attempts ?

I honestly haven’t seen such an odd case of “The Emperor has No Clothes” on this site since Death Mode in Sound Shapes - half the community calling it brutal and unfair… and the other half just being like “which one? Wha?” ?

Ok I think this time I have some requests, if that's still up :D 
Since this is a lazy Sunday, I had a sneak peek in your list and...I would love a review of Alice Madness Returns. Truth be told, that would be a double review because that list also contains the original game American McGee's Alice. Curious what you thought about them!

Added to the Priority list with your name!

P.S. Speaking of Pineapple on pizza...that's not even the final form. This is:

177.jpg_large

OMG - Truly the fruitiest of perversions! 

• Like 2

Can I ask you to review something that isn't yet on your completed item's as a way of making sure it is on your radar? It may well already be in your backlog but I couldn't see it on your profile.

My memory of us

I need to hear musings from someone with your prose, it's not a 10/10 but it is very interesting, it has the vocal talents of Patrick Stewart and has a slightly whimsical (but deliberate) take on some events from WW2... playing it made me think of the many reviews of yours I have read, including some quite niche ones along the lines of similar topics (through the darkest of times review was forefront of my mind, but also this war of mine and your appreciation for it (and I'm afraid I can't remember a review but tonally it's also similar to valiant hearts)).

Please tell me to delete this if my subversion is unwelcome in this rarified checklist completion turf. No sweat!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aceterix said:

Can I ask you to review something that isn't yet on your completed item's as a way of making sure it is on your radar? It may well already be in your backlog but I couldn't see it on your profile.

My memory of us

I need to hear musings from someone with your prose, it's not a 10/10 but it is very interesting, it has the vocal talents of Patrick Stewart and has a slightly whimsical (but deliberate) take on some events from WW2... playing it made me think of the many reviews of yours I have read, including some quite niche ones along the lines of similar topics (through the darkest of times review was forefront of my mind, but also this war of mine and your appreciation for it (and I'm afraid I can't remember a review but tonally it's also similar to valiant hearts)).

Please tell me to delete this if my subversion is unwelcome in this rarified checklist completion turf. No sweat!

Appreciate the kind words mate - and yes, I do actually own My Memory of Us

(Looking at my recommendations list - seems it was courtesy of an existing review by my friend @YaManSmevz !)

(That's not always a guarantee I'll get to something, as my backlog is enough to make a grown man weep.... however, I'm fairly confident in saying this one will get done, as it has moved into the top end of my list, in that I've actually downloaded it to my console... and it's fairly rare that I do that, and don't get around to a game eventually, as I don't like deleting something I haven't played!)

I won't give a guarantee, as I never like to tempt fate, by presupposing I'll S-Rank a game, and I don't like to review anything I haven't fully beaten... but I think this one looks a pretty safe bet that i'll see it through to the finish!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

(Looking at my recommendations list - seems it was courtesy of an existing review by my friend @YaManSmevz !)

(That's not always a guarantee I'll get to something, as my backlog is enough to make a grown man weep.... however, I'm fairly confident in saying this one will get done, as it has moved into the top end of my list, in that I've actually downloaded it to my console... and it's fairly rare that I do that, and don't get around to a game eventually, as I don't like deleting something I haven't played!)

I won't give a guarantee, as I never like to tempt fate, by presupposing I'll S-Rank a game, and I don't like to review anything I haven't fully beaten... but I think this one looks a pretty safe bet that i'll see it through to the finish!

Wahoo, noted that you haven't entered into a contract with me to review it, but if and when it does happen I look forward to enjoying it.

In the meantime I will see if I can find Yourmansmevz checklist and see if they have posted a review. So thank you for that direction also!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ayyy thanks for the shout, homie!

4 hours ago, Aceterix said:

My memory of us

That makes two of us, I'd love to hear his thoughts on that one as well?

In case you're curious, there's no need for you to search around, I have a link right here!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

newtestsubjects.jpg

269b.png!!SCIENCE UPDATE!!269b.png

The next (somewhat) randomly selected games to be submitted for scientific analysis shall be:

Legacy

Alice: The Madness Returns

(feat. special guest star American McGee's Alice!)

New

My Friend Pedro

RiffTrax: The Game

Untitled Goose Game

Subject(s) in RED marked for 274e.pngPRIORITY ASSIGNEMENT274e.png

[Care of @Copanele ]

(Note - Only 4 games this time for ranking... but that's because @Copanele's request for Alice: The Madness Returns includes its prequel as part of it's trophy list on Playstation.... and therefore must be considered too!

As such, I'll be taking a (admittedly, somewhat welcome!) break from the Resident Evil franchise this batch, and will get to @grayhammmer's final request next time!)

Can 'Current Most Awesome' game, Hitman 3, continue its glorious reign?

Is gaming vomit LA Cops ever going to lose the title of 'Least Awesome Game'?

Let's find out, Science Chums!

• Like 4