Vita advice

tonkie18

I’m relatively new to PlayStation Vita. I don’t have many games, those that I have bought that are cross buy from PS4 and some Lego games. But I am all Lego’d out at the moment (and I might be stuck on Batman 2 ?)

I was looking through the store and worked out the games I want will cost £175. From what I can see some of them are cross buy with PS3 but not PS4.. so it will be highly unlikely they’ll go on sale? Is that right? 

Some of the games:

The Ratchet and Clank trilogy

Sly trilogy

Jak and Dexter trilogy

Rayman Origins/Legends

Angry birds trilogy

Just wondering whether to take the plunge or ill regret it in a week or so when they go on sale somehow! Any advice welcome ☺️

The only Vita games that ever go on sale anymore are ones that are crossbuy with PS4. I do believe that devs can do a permanent reduction on Vita prices, but pretty much what the prices in the store are now are what they'll always be in the future.

That said, I've heard the Jak trilogy on Vita runs very poorly, so you're better off getting the PS4 versions of them. And Vita Rayman Legends has a really annoying online trophy that isn't present in either the PS3 or PS4 version. 

But enjoy your Vita! It has a lot of cool little titles, and the thrill of earning trophies on the go is cool.

I'm holding out on being lucky. In the meantime, is there a way you can get some games physically? Or maybe buy half of what you want and wait a smidge longer for the rest? 

EDIT: Don't buy Rayman Legends on Vita. It took me 3 months of everyday play in an active community way back in the day to get that one online trophy. I've read it's worse now; full of cheaters and very good players. 

Edited by Edunstar84

20 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

That said, I've heard the Jak trilogy on Vita runs very poorly, so you're better off getting the PS4 versions of them.

PS3 is also a good option if OP has one.

Although the Jak 2 debug isn’t as easy haha

Thanks guys for all the heads up! I would have been really disappointed with games I couldn’t complete. I love the Vita, I’m just struggling with what to play on it other than Lego and Ratalaika type games (which embarrassingly I do enjoy!) 

• Like 1

If there is a game you really want, I recommend getting it ASAP. Even before the store was planned to shut down, a lot of games were no longer available digitally. The Danganronpa games were de-listed before the store closure announcement, for example.

I wanted to buy Lost Dimension when it was less than $30 in my country. I kept putting it off until the store closure announcement, and it got de-listed. Had to spend about $70 on a physical copy.

TL;DR Do not wait to buy a game that you really want.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

If there is a game you really want, I recommend getting it ASAP. Even before the store was planned to shut down, a lot of games were no longer available digitally. The Danganronpa games were de-listed before the store closure announcement, for example.

I wanted to buy Lost Dimension when it was less than $30 in my country. I kept putting it off until the store closure announcement, and it got de-listed. Had to spend about $70 on a physical copy.

TL;DR Do not wait to buy a game that you really want.

damn I got Lost Dimension NA, EU, and JP version for free you got ripped off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

The only Vita games that ever go on sale anymore are ones that are crossbuy with PS4. I do believe that devs can do a permanent reduction on Vita prices, but pretty much what the prices in the store are now are what they'll always be in the future.

That said, I've heard the Jak trilogy on Vita runs very poorly, so you're better off getting the PS4 versions of them. And Vita Rayman Legends has a really annoying online trophy that isn't present in either the PS3 or PS4 version. 

But enjoy your Vita! It has a lot of cool little titles, and the thrill of earning trophies on the go is cool.

im pretty sure the ps4 versions of jak and daxtr are worse  since they are older versions or something there was something like that with them I dont remember exactly though

and @tonkie18 prices going down again is unlikely vita prices have been climbing up a long time already even before the sutdown and even before  the whole covid situation

and with ratchet and clank  I as a physcal collector have to say get the digital version the physicla one has a game breaking bug in  ratchet and clank 2