1 Question about the multiplayer

The_ChessDude

Dear Trophyhunters Beat here?

Im looking for a answer about the multiplayer since a friend of mine and myself want to go and hunt down the 100% on Code Vein.

We are inexperienced about the game.

Question:

If i kill a Boss, lets say in the beginners area, and i want to help my friend after in the same area too kill his boss, is it possible to connect to him even when my boss is already dead? 

I did some search on the internet and didn’t find a answer to that.

Maybe one of you experienced Animeslayers are able to share your knowledge. 

Best Regards & Thank you in advance?

Beat

Edited by CaIIMeBeat

It works the same way Dark Souls does which if you haven't played that, it's where if you both have a boss beat in the same area then you can't visit each other in the same area until you move on to the next area you both have a boss at. But to give an answer to your question, yes, if you have your boss beat and he still doesn't have his then you can join his game to beat the boss.

• Like 2

Just a word of advice if you plan to tackle this trophy: even if you complete the campaign in co-op you won't get enough medals as there are not enough bosses available. 

What really shines for earning medals are the Depths, as each of them have multiple bosses and can be repeated as much as you want. 

• Like 3

Bandai ended this game way too quick, I mean they made the character creation really nice and all but then the costumes or so limited and suck. A shame, but yes you can jump into your friends game and kill this boss, even if you killed yours already, you just cant send a distress call if yours is dead already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caiphon said:

Just a word of advice if you plan to tackle this trophy: even if you complete the campaign in co-op you won't get enough medals as there are not enough bosses available. 

What really shines for earning medals are the Depths, as each of them have multiple bosses and can be repeated as much as you want. 

Seconding this, if your friend is also interested in getting 'Exhaulted Reputation :silver:' this will make the grind quite a bit easier as you both earn medals when you kill a boss together and seeing how this game is over 18 months old I imagine waiting around to join randoms might take a while. If you go for it be sure to hook up a podcast or Spotify playlist or something because hoo boy is it tedious. Good luck!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Redgrave said:

It works the same way Dark Souls does which if you haven't played that, it's where if you both have a boss beat in the same area then you can't visit each other in the same area until you move on to the next area you both have a boss at. But to give an answer to your question, yes, if you have your boss beat and he still doesn't have his then you can join his game to beat the boss.

Thx you for sharing me your knowledge ?

Let the hunt begin!

8 hours ago, Caiphon said:

I read about the depths. As long i do not finish the game, we are good to go. I think the grind is not to bad as it sounds. Usually i love to grind things. By all means: You cant denied the grind on a such wonderful game :)

7 hours ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

Bandai ended this game way too quick, I mean they made the character creation really nice and all but then the costumes or so limited and suck. A shame, but yes you can jump into your friends game and kill this boss, even if you killed yours already, you just cant send a distress call if yours is dead already.

I will asure you that i will enjoy any minute of that game, don’t matter how long it will be in the end :)

7 hours ago, KabbageDetective said:

Seconding this, if your friend is also interested in getting 'Exhaulted Reputation :silver:' this will make the grind quite a bit easier as you both earn medals when you kill a boss together and seeing how this game is over 18 months old I imagine waiting around to join randoms might take a while. If you go for it be sure to hook up a podcast or Spotify playlist or something because hoo boy is it tedious. Good luck!

Any suggestions about a good podcast? Maybe i will welcome your idea :)

Thx you all for answering that fast! Much appreciated! Now lets slay some monsters ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaIIMeBeat said:

Any suggestions about a good podcast? Maybe i will welcome your idea :)

The only podcast I really listen to with any consistency is CastleSuperBeast. If you want to listen to a reasonable man endure the opinions of a charming albeit terminally wrong man, even when they agree, I'd recommend it a lot. They mostly talk about videogames, but there's other stuff in there too.

Yeah finding other players in the depths was super easy at launch when I wrote the guide, but it can definitely be more tedious now. A good YouTube series, podcast or TV show is required to get through the grind. good luck :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

How far into the game does the second account have to be to do the co-op and tackle a depths dungeon? Assuming one account can solo it.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to use an alt account to do the online grinding instead of trying to do the offline grinding once I get to that point.

16 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

How far into the game does the second account have to be to do the co-op and tackle a depths dungeon? Assuming one account can solo it.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to use an alt account to do the online grinding instead of trying to do the offline grinding once I get to that point.

After the first boss fight oliver Collins, u go to the base, chill out with ur dudes. Then go back to mistle location where u fought Collins, there is an NPC Shang interact with him get ur very first map. Go to base interact with Davis go to depth and voila. ?

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

After the first boss fight oliver Collins, u go to the base, chill out with ur dudes. Then go back to mistle location where u fought Collins, there is an NPC Shang interact with him get ur very first map. Go to base interact with Davis go to depth and voila. 1f60a.png

Awesome, thanks! That's not bad at all. I think it took me longer to get through the character creator than beating the first boss the first time through.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:36 PM, Caiphon said:

I can atest to this, grinded my as for medals down here