No death run trophies question.

Derqaboo

So I have various worlds with all gold tiles, but when I finish the boss it shows all zeroes for death and still no trophy pop. So my question is, do I have to replay all levels and go through the whole world from start to finish to get the trophy to pop or what? Cause getting them out of order and doing the boss stage just doesn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated.

• 1 year later...

You cannot exit to the map for a no death run. Please provide a video of you exiting to the map with a no death run and having a trophy pop. You cannot exit to map period, I have tried it even without a death on Light world and it will not work. It might have at one point but it does not anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.06.2022 at 10:12 PM, M4S0N__FR33MAN said:

You cannot exit to the map for a no death run. Please provide a video of you exiting to the map with a no death run and having a trophy pop. You cannot exit to map period, I have tried it even without a death on Light world and it will not work. It might have at one point but it does not anymore.

It still works. I don't know if you played original SMB, but maybe after beating the level where you died, you continued your run with assumption you've beaten this level deathless (this was the case in original SMB because there were no checkpoints - I caught myself few times thinking like this in Forever).

Here's my video to prove:

I exited to map two times to avoid cheap death (3:12, 7:30) and I still got the trophy today (no PSN notification, but big in-game one in upper-right corner).

I even exited to world select menu by mistake in 7:31, but trophy still unlocked (I guess this was not the case in original SMB, where you lost your progress after exiting the world?)

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
Strikethrough statement - not the case anymore

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 10:42 AM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

It still works. I don't know if you played original SMB, but maybe after beating the level where you died, you continued your run with assumption you've beaten this level deathless (this was the case in original SMB because there were no checkpoints - I caught myself few times thinking like this in Forever).

Here's my video to prove:

I exited to map two times to avoid cheap death (3:12, 7:30) and I still got the trophy today (no PSN notification, but big in-game one in upper-right corner).

I even exited to world select menu by mistake in 7:31, but trophy still unlocked (I guess this was not the case in original SMB, where you lost your progress after exiting the world?)

Interesting, I had no idea you could still go all the way back and it still works! IIRC that wasn't the case with the original SMB... I may need to make a quick update to the guide to reflect this!

It looks like you were on the same seed as me, I'm just curious as to if you used the seed I left in the guide? I was hoping others might find that helpful!!

• Like 1

On 27.06.2022 at 8:07 PM, Joe Dubz said:

Interesting, I had no idea you could still go all the way back and it still works! IIRC that wasn't the case with the original SMB... I may need to make a quick update to the guide to reflect this!

Actually, after I wrote this, I checked out of curiosity and unlocked Wood Boy on alt despite going back to map select. So my statement was false (or maybe they changed it? Don't know. But I read somewhere that backing to select world menu voids no death trophies). Maybe I check in Forever if you can return to main menu on alt and see how this will work.

On 27.06.2022 at 8:07 PM, Joe Dubz said:

It looks like you were on the same seed as me, I'm just curious as to if you used the seed I left in the guide? I was hoping others might find that helpful!!

Yes, exactly the same. Main reason because of no death runs and your videos show how to do them safe (which is the most important thing here). Sadly your guide didn't provide videos for pacifiers (I admit I have no patience for some of them), so I used this guy's seed for them:

His video is a bit lacking in information, but it's the best I could find, and at least I can see how he got all pacifiers in 3 playthroughs. May be rough, but with a video it can be achieved a bit faster if you don't have to find a way how to tackle harder chunks with pacifier.

I also tried to use seed used for speedrunning https://www.speedrun.com/smbf/run/y9lovpvy but it wasn't good idea, considering how speedrunning revolves around doing things faster, but requiring more complex inputs.

So in conclusion, I'm using two seeds - yours and the one provided in attached video. I may need to S rank the light worlds 1-5 two times, but I think additional practice in game like this isn't a bad idea.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Just like the first game you can complete all the levels in any order you like they did reduce the amount of levels from 20 to 6 as they did make them much longer and of course the autorunning might throw you off a lot ending off with you dying losing the run. The first level you complete you can die as many times as you want as the deathrun hasn't started yet, so you get one free pass for one level. None of the characters have any kind of abilities like the first game, so it doesn't matter what character you play as. They did go a little ham on the dark world levels, so expect to be way more difficult than the dark world levels from the first game. You can still follow deathless run guides, you just need to copy their seed, and it will play out exactly the same.
Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto
  • Like 1