Trophy thoughts?

At least ratalaika games are somewhat decently put together for what they are. These games are literally warioware microgames if they lasted more then 3 seconds. Wisdom tree(who are still around believe it or not) needs to port thier back catalogue to ps4 asap as bible adventures was 1000 times better then these trash games.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 0:43 PM, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I said it before and ill say it again. You're gonna be spending atleast a good 40 dollars total on these games by the end of the year. That's their scheme every sunday for one dollar. Now their getting cocky by putting the word "church" in the title. It's basically a brainwashing tactic to get you into their religion. It might not work right now but I guarantee you that some people will be curious and want to find out. Not only that but it's taking away from other indie games that deserve the spotlight, not these cheaply made games I can make in middle school. Sometimes we have to snap out of getting an easy platinum trophy and actually make that decision of "do I want to spend money on easy terrible games i won't enjoy for the platinum?" or "Buy a game I'm interested in & will enjoy even if the platinum seem's like a challenge?". These breakthrough games would not fly by sony in the ps2 & ps3 era. Period. 

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL

2 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

At least ratalaika games are somewhat decently put together for what they are. These games are literally warioware microgames if they lasted more then 3 seconds. Wisdom tree(who are still around believe it or not) needs to port thier back catalogue to ps4 asap as bible adventures was 1000 times better then these trash games.

Lol, I’m having AVGN flashbacks. ? It is a sad day for the state of the PSN Store when you can say this and be 100% correct. 

I’ve only recently gotten into trophy hunting, am semi-serious about it, but honestly don’t care all that much about the leaderboards. I have no problem with most EZP games, there’s a few Ratalaika games I’d like to play (not rush through for the Platinum but actually play) and I don’t even have that much of a problem with stuff like the Sakura games provided people don’t just skip through the text for the Plat (which 99% do). I’d feel completely fine about the Sakura games if they didn’t have a Plat (well, aside from the way the Studio making them is allegedly run that is, but that’s a whole other issue that extends far beyond indie games). I have a few easy (and free) trophy lists on my profile. But none of them have a Platinum.

IMO stuff like this and Alien Destroyer have no place on the PSN store period. They’re cheaply made no effort asset flips that I doubt anyone genuinely enjoys playing. 

It’s honestly been a bit annoying to see nothing but badly made EZP games in the “New Trophy Lists” page for about a week or more now. Since I’ve started using this site, I always hope to see newly released games that look interesting there. 

The PSN Store needs some quality control. But it seems lately that Sony is more interested in its online store becoming the console equivalent of Steam.

I don’t know who thought it was a good idea to take thousands of quality PS3 & Vita games off the main store and simultaneously flood the main store with shovelware, but if this keeps up I can only hope most people buying these games will get tired of spending their money on garbage they don’t enjoy-because short of Sony stepping in (which I doubt) that’s the only thing that’ll get game companies to stop flooding the store with this shit. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

Despicable. I guess Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo paved the way for Ratalaika and other shit publishers like the guys doing Breakthrough Gaming Arcade for people to stack shit upon shit.

SIE in California has their fucking priorities in all the wrong places.

22 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I said it before and ill say it again. You're gonna be spending atleast a good 40 dollars total on these games by the end of the year. That's their scheme every sunday for one dollar. Now their getting cocky by putting the word "church" in the title. It's basically a brainwashing tactic to get you into their religion. It might not work right now but I guarantee you that some people will be curious and want to find out. Not only that but it's taking away from other indie games that deserve the spotlight, not these cheaply made games I can make in middle school. Sometimes we have to snap out of getting an easy platinum trophy and actually make that decision of "do I want to spend money on easy terrible games i won't enjoy for the platinum?" or "Buy a game I'm interested in & will enjoy even if the platinum seem's like a challenge?". These breakthrough games would not fly by sony in the ps2 & ps3 era. Period. 

No one’s brainwashing anyone. Your poor view of Christianity doesn’t mean every mention of it in popular culture is “out to get you.”

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

No one’s brainwashing anyone. Your poor view of Christianity doesn’t mean every mention of it in popular culture is “out to get you.”

I normally disagree with most of everything he posts but this time I have to agree with him. I wouldn't call it brainwashing as it is just a way to buy 'EZPZ' games. I play a few easy games here and there. That's fine. But a bunch of people here specifically buy games like this just for the easy trophies and to boost their numbers.

These games would of been fine back in the 1980s and early 1990s. But this is 2021, and these games look like crap. This is a good example of poor quality control. Steam was just the first platform to accept shovelware and other garbage. Sony is following suit.

19 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

The point is that these games are being marketed primarily at children - who are young enough and impressionable enough not to be openly questioning the stuff they are presented with, or to view messaging in games they play with a critical or analytical eye.

They are too young to compartmentalise it, too young to contextualise it, and too young to guard against it.

Christianity is a great comfort to millions of people, and that is totally fine - I take no issue with the institution conceptually. To each his or her own.

Adults are able to enter into such an organisation, or philosophy, with the proper ability to interperate and comprehend the dogma associated with it, and to identify where it marries with their own ethos and morality, and where it digresses, and to make the kind of moral judgements that such a digression requires.

When they are presented with such propaganda, it is presentingchoice.

When children are presented with the same material, it is attempting indoctrination.

I have no issue with cigarettes being sold, or being shown in movies etc., but I would have an issue with Marlboro releasing a kids game introducing them to the 'wonders of smoking.'

Edited by DrBloodmoney

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I normally disagree with most of everything he posts but this time I have to agree with him. I wouldn't call it brainwashing as it is just a way to buy 'EZPZ' games. I play a few easy games here and there. That's fine. But a bunch of people here specifically buy games like this just for the easy trophies and to boost their numbers.

These games would of been fine back in the 1980s and early 1990s. But this is 2021, and these games look like crap. This is a good example of poor quality control. Steam was just the first platform to accept shovelware and other garbage. Sony is following suit.

Yeah.  For me the trophy list isn't really the problem.  If Returnal came out and has a plat you could get in 10 minutes I wouldn't really care.  But just the fact that games like this and the breakthrough arcade series even exist for sale on the playstation store is just mind boggling to me.  It's like Sony literally just doesn't give a fuck about quality or it's image.  Back in the NES days there was a thing called the 'Nintendo Seal of Quality'.  That type of thing needs to make a comeback and stat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The point is that these games are being marketed primarily at children - who are young enough and impressionable enough not to be openly questioning the stuff they are presented with, or to view messaging in games they play with a critical or analytical eye.

They are too young to compartmentalise it, too young to contextualise it, and too young to guard against it.

Christianity is a great comfort to millions of people, and that is totally fine - I take no issue with the institution conceptually. To each his or her own.

Adults are able to enter into such an organisation, or philosophy, with the proper ability to interperate and comprehend the dogma associated with it, and to identify where it marries with their own ethos and morality, and where it digresses, and to make the kind of moral judgements that such a digression requires.

When children are presented with the same material, it is attempting indoctrination.

I have no issue with cigarettes being sold, or being shown in movies etc., but I would have an issue with Marlboro releasing a kids game introducing them to the 'wonders of smoking.'

I hear your point but still disagree with some of the basic premises you set up. For one, Christianity isn’t a comfort to some in the way cigarettes are. Cigarettes cause physical, scientifically proved harm to the human body. Christianity is simply a belief system with morals and guidelines on how to live. The two aren’t comparable.

That said, I also fully agree that everyone has the right to choose what they believe and don’t believe in, and how they want to live. Of course. But nothing about these games is secretive, underhanded, or malicious in how they present Christianity. They’re not trying to “sneak it in” to any kids’ brains. It’s a video game with a clearly advertised messaged for sale on a public game store.

If I as a parent want my hypothetically Christian kids to enjoy a Christian themed game, I should absolutely be able to go out and buy one for them. You seem to be implying they shouldn’t be for sale because it’s a Christian game “for kids.” Why? Kids can’t get a credit card and download the game. From there it’s up to the parent to decide what games their kid is playing. Some parents let their kids play grand theft auto, others might be okay with a Christian baseball game. I know which one Id prefer...

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 5:43 PM, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I made the decision to still buy it.

6 hours ago, MrBeens said:

Yeah.  For me the trophy list isn't really the problem.  If Returnal came out and has a plat you could get in 10 minutes I wouldn't really care.  But just the fact that games like this and the breakthrough arcade series even exist for sale on the playstation store is just mind boggling to me.  It's like Sony literally just doesn't give a fuck about quality or it's image.  Back in the NES days there was a thing called the 'Nintendo Seal of Quality'.  That type of thing needs to make a comeback and stat.

I’m going to step in and say that ‘rose tinted glasses’ cloud our judgements. It’s a common way of saying that nostalgia generally blinds us. 

On this website I’m normally the first person that people think is stuck in a time warp because I simply don’t like a lot of the new stuff. But I would be a fool to say the NES library wasn’t without a pile of crap because a lot of NES games were steaming piles of garbage. I watched enough Angry Video Game Nerd and played enough NES games myself to know this. The so called ‘Nintendo Seal of Quality’ overlooked a lot of crap. That was more about Nintendo’s sheer censorship which would eventually backfire. 

2 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

I hear your point but still disagree with some of the basic premises you set up. For one, Christianity isn’t a comfort to some in the way cigarettes are. Cigarettes cause physical, scientifically proved harm to the human body. Christianity is simply a belief system with morals and guidelines on how to live. The two aren’t comparable.

That said, I also fully agree that everyone has the right to choose what they believe and don’t believe in, and how they want to live. Of course. But nothing about these games is secretive, underhanded, or malicious in how they present Christianity. They’re not trying to “sneak it in” to any kids’ brains. It’s a video game with a clearly advertised messaged for sale on a public game store.

If I as a parent want my hypothetically Christian kids to enjoy a Christian themed game, I should absolutely be able to go out and buy one for them. You seem to be implying they shouldn’t be for sale because it’s a Christian game “for kids.” Why? Kids can’t get a credit card and download the game. From there it’s up to the parent to decide what games their kid is playing. Some parents let their kids play grand theft auto, others might be okay with a Christian baseball game. I know which one Id prefer...

You can make a Christian game and not have it be a pile of crap. Most people here couldn’t care less about the Christian themes, they just want the easy platinum. I would be an idiot to say otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, farradono said:

Lol! The guy who uses seriously the term bigot on people with different  political views  dares to describe something as "brainwashing" or "propaganda".

Don't  worry smoothbrain, as long as it  doesn't  teach white kids self hate  the "brainwashing" will be fine. *gasp*  Might even help in keeping a nuclear family to avoid people ending  up like you.

As a matter of fact,  why am I even reading your messages here? Don't  you have some type of  Ratalaika game to defend? What's the difference  here? Oh, Christianity reminds you of how, behind the mask  and all the self rationalizations, you're  an awful "human" being.

???

Yes, God above, please, I beg of you, protect the nuclear family from the likes of me!

...what with my wife, child, job, house in the suburbs, modest family car and literal picket-fence around my neatly-mown front lawn...

...I’m quite the dangerous radical ?

• Like 3

I think Im part of the problem here.
I kept buying this developer sh*tty games just for the easy and fast platinums... but this has gone too far
Their bussiness model is just to release shitty and horribly done games for cheap with easy trophies... but no more, I won't buy any more of these

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You can make a Christian game and not have it be a pile of crap. Most people here couldn’t care less about the Christian themes, they just want the easy platinum. I would be an idiot to say otherwise. 

This, off the top of my head a game with Christian themes (don’t know if it’s from a Christian dev or not, shouldn’t matter) is El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. And it’s actually a good and (judging from the Platinum rarity) challenging game. Honestly need to track down a PS3 copy, I remember really enjoying it on the 360. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Yes! Exactly. I had a row with my wife the other day because I was really unhappy that my son was being asked to read Muslim prayers at nursery. She couldn't see a problem but I said that I didn't want them getting in his head at 3 years old. It's the same reason I won't baptise him or send him to the ('outstanding' rated) local Catholic school. I've got no problem at all with Muslims, Christians, Jains, Sikhs whatever but I have a big problem with the indoctrination of small children.

I'm not religious but I do have a very strongly held set of beliefs. The difference is that 'hard left' types like me don't try to get infants to sign up to our club!!! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Yes! Exactly. I had a row with my wife the other day because I was really unhappy that my son was being asked to read Muslim prayers at nursery. She couldn't see a problem but I said that I didn't want them getting in his head at 3 years old. It's the same reason I won't baptise him or send him to the ('outstanding' rated) local Catholic school. I've got no problem at all with Muslims, Christians, Jains, Sikhs whatever but I have a big problem with the indoctrination of small children.

I'm not religious but I do have a very strongly held set of beliefs. The difference is that 'hard left' types like me don't try to get infants to sign up to our club!!! 

I’m in my 30s and many of my peers and old friends are having kids of their own. 

From experience the kids I went to school with who were religious were all told to believe it when they were 3 - 10 years old. These are impressionable kids in that age group, they’re not going to understand cults, worships, doctrines or any of that because they are too young. 

I know a few Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, Christians and Catholics in their 30s, who were all baptized and raised to believe in their faith when they were little kids. I wasn’t, I’m about as casual and non religious as one can be. Both of my parents were Catholic growing up as kids, and because of what they had to go through every week, they didn’t want me or my sister to strictly adhere to a belief. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I’m going to step in and say that ‘rose tinted glasses’ cloud our judgements. It’s a common way of saying that nostalgia generally blinds us. 

On this website I’m normally the first person that people think is stuck in a time warp because I simply don’t like a lot of the new stuff. But I would be a fool to say the NES library wasn’t without a pile of crap because a lot of NES games were steaming piles of garbage. I watched enough Angry Video Game Nerd and played enough NES games myself to know this. The so called ‘Nintendo Seal of Quality’ overlooked a lot of crap. That was more about Nintendo’s sheer censorship which would eventually backfire. 

Oh I totally agree! I’m not arguing the game is great or anything like that. You mention “most people here couldn’t care less about the Christian themes” but I’m directly responding to those who DO care for some strange reason.

15 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

This game isn’t your child’s nursery though. It’s a product that you’d have to buy for them. This is no more “indoctrination” than a bible sitting on store shelves. If you don’t like the theme, don’t buy the product. It’s for people who actively want a Christian product, and there is nothing nefarious about that.

42 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

This game isn’t your child’s nursery though. It’s a product that you’d have to buy for them. This is no more “indoctrination” than a bible sitting on store shelves. If you don’t like the theme, don’t buy the product. It’s for people who actively want a Christian product, and there is nothing nefarious about that.

I was agreeing with DrBloodmoney's comment rather than criticising this game. I'd gone rather off topic! I personally don't have a big issue with Christian themed games. I do have an issue with children being presented with what I'd consider to be confusing, supernatural and often frightening material before they are old enough to really understand different viewpoints and critically analyse information for themselves. 

Whenever a game or company makes explicit political or religious statements in their products, people are going to complain. Look at the outcry over Disco Elysium for example. It doesn't make it right or wrong, it's just how things are. 

• 1 month later...

I like retrolook pixel games, I like halloween as a theme and that game doesn't even cost a Euro. What could possible go wrong here? - That's what I thought but figures I was mistaken. I feel bad for buying this and every cent was too much. 

I don't know anything about the developer or his intents but what I can say is that this a cheap piece of garbage which hardly deserves the term 'game".

The whole thing lasts about 5-10 minutes before it gives you a cliffhanger and tells you to buy the next game. After finishing it there is a so called challenge mode which wants to sell you the need to walk a tile-exact route through most of the game within a tight time limit. Super annoying.

Yes, this is an easy platinum for small money but I'd really recommend anyone to buy it because of this and to not support this audacity.

Well it isn't like Sony is now ONLY releasing this kind of games, they keep releasing their games and now they have added this ones, I dont think it is too much for them in terms of logistics, Sony receive their payment for putting this games up and get a slice for each game sold, they dont market this (or too little, dont know) and 90% of the playerbase will never know that this exist, for Sony is a win-win that sold by itself because of trophy hunters... We are the only ones that made a thread each week complaining about this, forget about leveling on LB if you dont want to play this, make your peace with it because this wont change...