[solved] Game delisted from the store and unable to download it again from my library!

As the DX Mysterious trilogy (bad port) is released, there is no way to download the former release. Never delete it if you have it somewhere on your hard drive!

I owned Sophie years ago on digital (won through a twitter giveaway) and it's impossible to download it now. I'm pretty sure same goes for Firis and Lydie & Suelle.

People are right to give up on physical releases. ? Good job, Koei Tecmo! ?

Edited by FinalFan
Better explanatory title

I was able to download the PS4 version of Sophie again on PS5.  If you search "Sophie" it brings up the DLC for the game, and in the DLC listing there is a "View Game" option.  This brings you to the game page where you can download it.

I was able to do the same thing with Lydie and Suelle, but since I never bought it there is no "purchase" option, just wishlist and follow.

• Like 2

Good to know this trick with the PS5 can save some players, @Sanevin, unfortunately, I don't own one. I tried with the app but it doesn't help.

I was already searching "for fun" a physical copy for weeks (same for Ayesha on PS3), but those are hard to find now.

Hopefully, I already own Firis + Lydie & Suelle on disc.

They weren't really "silently" removed, there was a forewarning from Koei Tecmo, a very short warning mind you, but it's not unusual for original versions of games to be delisted in favour of their remasters/updated versions nowadays. A lot of games do just get randomly delisted without any kind of forewarning, Bandai Namco is especially bad for this.

You should still be able to re-download the original(s), assuming you previously bought them digitally. They may not appear on the store any more, but check your library/download list and they should be there. If they're not, then yeah, that's definitely cause for concern, I'd recommend contacting Sony and/or Koei Tecmo about that.

• Like 2

I have L&S digitally and it's in my library and I can download it fine. The DLCs are still live for both Firis and Sophie as well (I own physically), so I suspect both of those are still downloadable if you own the game.

Just go to your library and sort alphabetically - if you can't see them, make sure you've not hidden the game. If you still can't see it - go and check your transactions history around the time you won the game, make sure you actually redeemed it.

Also, It may have been a review code (as they are the ones they tend to give out in giveaways). Some of these, not all, act differently to retail codes and won't show as you owning them if you search for the game - but, it should still be in the library, ready to download.

11 hours ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

That's what I would like to know too!

Like Dragon Quest XI S, those Atelier DX are based on Switch version, meaning loss of details and so on. I saw comparison screenshots on twitter.

Same thing happened to Steam players, all in the same boat.

9 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

You should still be able to re-download the original(s), assuming you previously bought them digitally. They may not appear on the store any more, but check your library/download list and they should be there. If they're not, then yeah, that's definitely cause for concern, I'd recommend contacting Sony and/or Koei Tecmo about that.

Unfortunately, THAT IS THE PROBLEM, I can only dl Themes and BGM Pack from my library, but not the game itself. Basically the reason I made this topic, to warn other players.

And as I don't own a PS5, I can't try the trick provided previously by @Sanevin.

6 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Unfortunately, THAT IS THE PROBLEM, I can only dl Themes and BGM Pack from my library, but not the game itself. Basically the reason I made this topic, to warn other players.

And as I don't own a PS5, I can't try the trick provided previously by @Sanevin.

Then all I can suggest is contacting Sony about this, as aforementioned. You should still be able to download the game itself even if it has been delisted. I have quite a few digital games myself that have since been delisted which still appear just fine in my download lists.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 2:05 AM, FinalFan said:

As the DX Mysterious trilogy (bad port) is released, there is no way to download the former release. Never delete it if you have it somewhere on your hard drive!

I owned Sophie ago on digital (won through a twitter giveaway) and it's impossible to download it now. I'm pretty sure same goes for Firis and Lydie & Suelle.

People are right to give up on physical releases. 1f911.png Good job, Koei Tecmo! 1f621.png

First off- They're not bad ports. Just because you can't find the version you want. Also, the other games are still there. As long as you already bought them, they are there. Also, I checked with my friend's PS4 who did not buy them- and it's still there. Yes, they are still there. So, calm down. If you can't find the version you want, I am sure we can help you find it on the server :)

Edited by sealightbreeze

6 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Like Dragon Quest XI S, those Atelier DX are based on Switch version, meaning loss of details and so on. I saw comparison screenshots on twitter.

Try restoring your licenses, digital games can sometimes disappear out of your library. Had that happen with saints row 4 and restoring licenses brought it back

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FinalFan said:

For the record, that does not sound right. At all. You should be able to download things in your library. I can do that both with the PS4 and PS5 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MissDreamer said:

I downloaded my digital copy of Atelier Sophie just fine on my PS4 last night. It should still be on your download list

6 hours ago, sanctusLight said:

You should be able to download it via our download list on the PlayStation. you may have to scroll for a while

Good hint with the download list. Unfortunately, I don't download a game before actually playing it (disk management), but I checked my download list just in case to make sure of it, and no I didn't try to download Atelier Sophie before.

Don't worry @sealightbreeze, I'm not actually that mad about it. Somehow, it looks like I'm just unlucky to not be able to download it from my library, I was afraid to be the norm.

I'll edit the title to reflect the situation.

EDIT: Solved! This is absolutely not what I expected, but I can still download the game even if I can't select it because of the free BGM Pack. This is confusing, but I don't mind. The main thing is that it's still possible to download it! ?

Edited by FinalFan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Good hint with the download list. Unfortunately, I don't download a game before actually playing it (disk management), but I checked my download list just in case to make sure of it, and no I didn't try to download Atelier Sophie before.

The Download list isn't a list of items you downloaded before, it's a list of everything you bought and a way to download it from the list. It has SNAFUs like when you purchase a Season Pass, everything doesn't get added, but generally as soon as you "purchase" or redeem a code, the item(s) get added to the Download List.

Good to see you were able to solve the problem. Hopefully if someone comes across this in the future they can go to the free BGM Pack and still dowload the game.

19 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Don't worry @sealightbreeze, I'm not actually that mad about it. Somehow, it looks like I'm just unlucky to not be able to download it from my library, I was afraid to be the norm.

I'll edit the title to reflect the situation.

EDIT: Solved! This is absolutely not what I expected, but I can still download the game even if I can't select it because of the free BGM Pack. This is confusing, but I don't mind. The main thing is that it's still possible to download it! 1f633.png

I am glad :)