The Moose Knuckler

RttS tips

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any tips on how to get called up to MLB level? I got called up to AAA within half a season but haven't got called up to the majors despite leading the team in all batting and pitching categories.

Equip your first silver archetype, which is obtained by getting 100 points towards your Ballplayer. I had to play a bit of DD with my guy to expedite the process. I was crushing all stat categories during my first AAA season, and there was a cutscene midway through it hinting at a call-up. Never happened. Got a major league deal, crushed it again in spring training, then got sent to AAA to start the year. As soon as I equipped the new archetype, I got called up during the next off-day. I have to believe that earning and equipping this plays a role in getting the call-up. YMMV.

Thought i'd give some input since i just got mine tonight. 

I played as a 2 way player. i was constantly hitting HRs (.593) and when i was pitcher i was pitching no hitters (very easy to do with sliders adjusted)

July my rookie year i got called up to AAA. by the end of the year i didnt have an offer up to the show. resigned with the same AAA team (i think thats automatic) and close to halfway through again i noticed my player add only gone up from a 58 rating to mid 60s (i was having issues with XP counting, I'm unsure if this affected anything) So i went into my ballplayer load out. I didnt have any silver archetypes as mentioned above but i just picked one that jumped my level straight to 71. it was still bronze. Played my next game and then got called into the office and was called up to the show. 

Not sure if it was coincidence or not but thought I'd share how mine popped. 

Mine did the exact same thing. I plan on doing the PS5 stack at some point and will see if I start with the silver arhetypes and see if that makes a difference.

Only tip I have is I adjusted my loadout to a power hitter and had contact and power in my load out. Got the call to AAA after the Double A all star game and got the call to MLB in September, all in my first season.

On 4/28/2021 at 0:52 PM, Bahamut3104 said:

Mine did the exact same thing. I plan on doing the PS5 stack at some point and will see if I start with the silver arhetypes and see if that makes a difference.

When you say did the exact same thing, does that mean you got your silver archetype or that you just selected an archetype that boosted your overall to 70 and it worked?

23 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

When you say did the exact same thing, does that mean you got your silver archetype or that you just selected an archetype that boosted your overall to 70 and it worked?

I added the silver archetype and got called up the next day. I don't recall being over 70 though.

5 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

I added the silver archetype and got called up the next day. I don't recall being over 70 though.

I never had the silver. My archetype was bronze and I was at 67 I think when I got called up.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Bahamut3104 said:

I'm just a bit unlucky I guess.  I'm sitting at 79 overall, with 2x silver archetypes and not getting called up.  I am guessing it is largely based on who you would be replacing on the MLB line-up.  Current starting catcher for the Rangers in my game is an 82.  He was a 76 when I hit AAA, but he keeps on climbing.

To be fair, I decided to see what happened when I simmed an entire season and a half, and my player rose from 73 to 79 on it's own.  So that is a positive.

Edit:

Finally got it.  Sim'd another season, and my competition went up to an 85 with me at an 80.  Finally coach offered me a position change to RF, which dropped me to a 77, but got the call about 3 weeks of simming later.

Edited by damcrac5