Sony renewed PS Home trademark

JakoMan64

I would to see PS Home back on current gen even though I have very fond memories on the PS3 days, I meet so many amazing friends that I still talk too til this day! (I feel ancient due to most of us having big families now or stopped gaming in general to focus on life) 

The reason I would prefer it on the PS5 and perhaps even PS4 is because I would love to see all those features they scrapped on the PS3 version and let it flourish as the social gaming home direction they wanted it to be instead of the microtransaction machine it later became.

• Like 1

Were trophies patched in late into the life of the game? I remember playing this years ago and spending more than enough time in it to pop a trophy or two. Don't get me wrong I'm happy I didn't end up with another incomplete unobtainable on my list but it's kind of weird I have no trace of this game on my history. 

16 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Were trophies patched in late into the life of the game? I remember playing this years ago and spending more than enough time in it to pop a trophy or two. Don't get me wrong I'm happy I didn't end up with another incomplete unobtainable on my list but it's kind of weird I have no trace of this game on my history. 

Yes, in 2014. But they closed the game a year later and one of the trophies require to enter the game for 50 consecutive days or something like that lol.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes, in 2014. But they closed the game a year later and one of the trophies require to enter the game 50 days lol.

Yeah around 2014 November after i have done like 30 ish days already i got bored and stopped logging in because how long the loading is. That was my bad lol. But yeah also seeing how massive several people didn't do Uncharted 3 ps3 dlc, I don't feel that bad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes, in 2014. But they closed the game a year later and one of the trophies require to enter the game for 50 consecutive days or something like that lol.

2 minutes ago, meyerpark said:

Yeah around 2014 November after i have done like 30 ish days already i got bored and stopped logging in because how long the loading is. That was my bad lol. But yeah also seeing how massive several people didn't do Uncharted 3 ps3 dlc, I don't feel that bad. 

That explains it. Was already out of the game by then. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JourneySilvers said:

As someone who missed the ps3 era during its prime... what is PS Home? A social media app thing?

Simulation and Virtual life kind of worlds with alot things and items and even social places such as bowling, watching movies, music station, poses, buy clothings, tv, couches etc. Kinda like The Sims

• Like 1

The best part of PS Home as you could use it to set up boosting sessions. I remember stumbling in groups of people making groups to play MAG. This was before PS App, PS Messenger and PS Communities were even a thing. I think it was also before Discord even existed.

9 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Companies make hundreds and thousands of patents. It's unlikely they'll even bring it back. But if they do, they'd bring it back for current gen platforms, they wouldn't revive the PS3 version. That wouldn't make any sense.

^ This

Renewing the trademark doesn’t necessarily mean you’re reviving something, it can just mean you don’t want anybody else getting their hands on the name / logo

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 10:24 PM, dakk55 said:

The best part of PS Home as you could use it to set up boosting sessions. I remember stumbling in groups of people making groups to play MAG. This was before PS App, PS Messenger and PS Communities were even a thing. I think it was also before Discord even existed.

Yeah it was well before discord was a thing. I remember having to use Skype or TeamSpeak for voice chat if not using the PS3 parties.

• Like 1

If it revives on PS5, it'll be a waste, and if so, they're not taking into consideration the economy isn't like what it was post-pandemic (and likely will never be), so not everyone is able to put PlayStation 5 on the table (not until that ridiculous $1,000 price tag drops) like they were with a PS3.

Since they've been ostracizing the PS3 from sharing the same space as the new generation consoles and cutting off support for it, odds are slim it will come back to PS3.

Time will tell.