Materials Calculator for Forging Master

On 26/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, Xylobe said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15DHi-ZVYKjO8RrNVUoVzfH-8ZneUkGSfieNbDkbnUfE/edit?usp=sharing

To use, go to File -> Make a copy while signed in to your Google account. Do not request edit access.

There already exist several calculators based on the original release that tell you what materials you still need based what upgrades you've already purchased. This isn't that.

The Forging Master trophy requires you to fully upgrade 33 weapons, the same number that were in the original release and its DLC, but ver.1.22... adds a secret 34th weapon as well as 4 more in the free 4 YoRHa DLC. All 5 of those count towards the trophy, meaning you can pick up to 5 of the most annoying original weapons to skip material farming for (and also meaning you can earn the trophy for upgrading all weapons before the trophy for obtaining them, if bothering the CRT sounds like a good time). That's what this is made to do: just move the 5 weapons you don't plan on upgrading down to the bottom, and the totals at the top will tell you everything you need for the other 33. The 5 at the bottom already are the weapons that I personally skipped. It doesn't take into account any upgrades you've already done, and it's not the prettiest to look at, but I'm hardly a spreadsheet guru. If you need to you can always just delete rows for weapons you've maxed out.

Some of the material abbreviations might be a little cryptic for the sake of saving space, and if so I apologize, but they're in alphabetical order so it shouldn't be hard to figure out what everything is. It's also possible that I made a mistake or typo somewhere in the endless sea of white, so if that's the case please let me know so I can correct it.

Hi,
some questions:
1-have you moved the 5 hardest weapons to upgrade down in your spreadsheet?
2-so of the 38 available weapons you can upgrade 33 at will?
Thank you very much and congratulations for your work

1 hour ago, Spide29 said:

Hi,
some questions:
1-have you moved the 5 hardest weapons to upgrade down in your spreadsheet?
2-so of the 38 available weapons you can upgrade 33 at will?
Thank you very much and congratulations for your work

Yes, you can pick which 33 of the 38 weapons you want to upgrade for the trophy. The weapons at the bottom are the ones that I personally chose to skip; four of them would have required the most effort to grind for based on the materials I'd already collected, and the fifth, Kaine's Sword, is unlocked after completing Ending E (I did my material farming prior to Ending B). If you plan on finishing Ending E first, then Kaine's Sword is actually one of the easiest weapons in the game to upgrade. You could also make a case for upgrading The Devil Queen as well if you find enough Metal Piercings naturally, but I suggest you skip the other three-- you really don't want to farm Subdued Bracelets if you can avoid it. Some other weapons you might want to skip instead are the Phoenix Sword or Iron Will, but I recommend you look at the materials you already have and choose what to skip based on what you don't want to farm.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Yes, you can pick which 33 of the 38 weapons you want to upgrade for the trophy. The weapons at the bottom are the ones that I personally chose to skip; four of them would have required the most effort to grind for based on the materials I'd already collected, and the fifth, Kaine's Sword, is unlocked after completing Ending E (I did my material farming prior to Ending B). If you plan on finishing Ending E first, then Kaine's Sword is actually one of the easiest weapons in the game to upgrade. You could also make a case for upgrading The Devil Queen as well if you find enough Metal Piercings naturally, but I suggest you skip the other three-- you really don't want to farm Subdued Bracelets if you can avoid it. Some other weapons you might want to skip instead are the Phoenix Sword or Iron Will, but I recommend you look at the materials you already have and choose what to skip based on what you don't want to farm.

Ciao,

i'll follow your job because wonderful.

Thank a lot ?

P.S.: but i buy Faith Sword because I forgot it in the first part ?. I know where could buy It.

Thanks 

Edited by Spide29
mistekes

On 7/5/2021 at 0:08 AM, Dragonslayer_023 said:

So what do people think are the best weapons to skip now that there is some choice, like which ones have the most annoying materials to get?

Follow the pattern of  XylobeI followed that and that's fine

Like Xylobe I also strongly recommend to go for the weapons (Axe of Beheading, Sunrise, Spear of the Usurper) that use Subdued Bracelets. I grinded for three hours with not a single drop. Switched between difficulties and load and reset, no luck. I gave up. Of course it all has to do with RNG, so maybe others have more luck. But the fact that it’s an annoying flying enemy that’s initially under the sands doesn’t help.

I went for the Yorha dlc weapons instead of Iron Will (those four together only need one extra Memory Alloy) and used an easily upgraded weapon, the Sword you get for getting the Ending E.

TL;DR: the ones I skipped were: Iron Will, Axe of Beheading, Sunrise, Spear of Usurper, Ancient Overlord.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me with their opinion? I've inputted my resources and added a row to calculate the remaining mats I need. I just can't decide which 5 weapons I want to skip since I don't really know which mats are the hardest and most annoying to grind for yet, can someone tell me which weapons they think are the best for me to skip based on my mats? 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EoqUmzyLIOvXw1rljXg_sidJQNBdcSP-kceXn2zX_2I/edit?usp=sharing

Also, thank you very much OP for this mat calculator sheet, it's brilliant.

@KusoTeitoku99 Based on what you have, I think the consensus picks would be the Lily-Leaf Sword to save on Forlorn Necklaces or one of the Phoenix weapons to save on Black Pearls. Personally, I've never had any issue farming Black Pearls, so that's not the one I would pick. My recent playthrough of the PS3 release (which has the same drop rates) gave me hell with Dented Metal Bats, so the Iron Pipe might be an option to consider as well.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I was planning on skipping:

* Lily-Leaf Sword
* Ancient Overlord
* Kusanagi
* Spear of the Usurper
* Sunrise

but ended up skipping:

* Kusanagi
* Iron Will (I had gotten 90% of it upgraded but it made more sense to pivot to upgrading the Ancient Overlord)
* Spear of the Usurper
* Sunrise
* Kaine's Sword

It's important to keep in mind that pivoting can be a good choice. Kaine's Sword is easy to upgrade but it requires you to complete Ending E first.

If you end up getting materials that can be used for upgrading a weapon that you decided against upgrading it's worth looking at what else you'd need to acquire to fully upgrade it.

By far the most common weapon I've seen to skip regardless of what happens is:
* Sunrise

• Like 1