Questions about 3 previous PS Plus games (Vita)

The_Kopite

Probably could have come up with a better title but there you go lol

So was looking through my PS Plus library of games for any new ones to try and play and am interested in 3 of them but looking for some advice:

Foul Play - The trophy 'Team Player' seems a bit confusing even when reading two trophy guides and the forum posts on here for the game. Is it possible to get this trophy using a PS4 and a PS Vita? (I'm in the UK) I would want to play the game on the PS Vita. (preference) Is it a massive hassle or simple enough to self boost like Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate? Is the game worth playing?

Portal Knights - I've got Cat Quest which I haven't played much of, but am enjoying and this sounds like it's a similar style game. If you have played it, would you recommend it? Is it a reasonable platinum to get? Does it work well on the PS Vita?

Rogue Aces - I've not played a game like this for a long time, and some of the trophies sound like they are pretty difficult building up the multiplier, going through 100 missions in a single run etc. Is this true? Does it play well on a PS Vita? Would you recommend it?

I'm asking about these 3 because I'm looking for some more games to put on my PS Vita from the PS Plus library, that are varied and interesting but also are reasonable platinums to obtain both in the time they would take, but the difficulty too. (Life gets in the way lol)

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Rogue Aces - I've not played a game like this for a long time, and some of the trophies sound like they are pretty difficult building up the multiplier, going through 100 missions in a single run etc. Is this true? Does it play well on a PS Vita? Would you recommend it?

I did this one on vita, it works great, and nothing hard to get ! I was surprised but really had a good time on it ;) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

I played this on Vita and nothing is easy to get. It is a hard and challenging Platinum and was no fun for me so I stopped playing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

I did this one on vita, it works great, and nothing hard to get ! I was surprised but really had a good time on it ;) 

54 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I played this on Vita and nothing is easy to get. It is a hard and challenging Platinum and was no fun for me so I stopped playing it.

Fair play, two very differing opinions on this game, but thanks to both for your input, appreciate it!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

Fair play, two very differing opinions on this game, but thanks to both for your input, appreciate it!

Ahah sorry we dont really help you ^^'

On my side, if the game had a separate list on PS4 and vita, i would do it twice cause i really had a good time with it ^^

The best way to see if it can suit you, is to watch some videos on youtube :) 

Seeing your profile you "only" have a 50% completion rate, so maybe you can just play it and see what you think about it... and if not your kind of game, just leave it there witohout platinum ^^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

If I may split the middle a bit, I really enjoyed it and found it reminded me of some of the games I played as a kid. But there definitely is a learning curve to the game.

I would describe the game as not particularly difficult provided that you're save scumming. If you're not, I can see the 100 mission trophy being a real pain to get. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cckerberos said:

If I may split the middle a bit, I really enjoyed it and found it reminded me of some of the games I played as a kid. But there definitely is a learning curve to the game.

I would describe the game as not particularly difficult provided that you're save scumming. If you're not, I can see the 100 mission trophy being a real pain to get. 

Yeah with my limited time the save scumming part with the difficult nature of the 100 mission trophy otherwise didn't appeal to me lol seemed like there was a learning curve to it I have to agree.

15 hours ago, seblegamer said:

Ahah sorry we dont really help you ^^'

On my side, if the game had a separate list on PS4 and vita, i would do it twice cause i really had a good time with it ^^

The best way to see if it can suit you, is to watch some videos on youtube :) 

Seeing your profile you "only" have a 50% completion rate, so maybe you can just play it and see what you think about it... and if not your kind of game, just leave it there witohout platinum ^^

Yeah I did just that, downloaded it, gave it a little try and tbh wasn't really feeling it, so with the other info I had learnt and stuff, I decided to drop it and delete the 0% from my trophy list. 

O and I am trying to work that 50% completion rate up lol

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 10:53 AM, The_Kopite said:

Foul Play - The trophy 'Team Player' seems a bit confusing even when reading two trophy guides and the forum posts on here for the game. Is it possible to get this trophy using a PS4 and a PS Vita? (I'm in the UK) I would want to play the game on the PS Vita. (preference) Is it a massive hassle or simple enough to self boost like Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate? Is the game worth playing?

The game is cross-save, so you can play it on the vita and then upload your save file to the game's cloud servers in-game to transfer it to your PS4 for this trophy. At the time I got it, you basically had no chance of getting the trophy via online play as the online for the game was horribly broken. I guess they fixed online at some point? After reading a few posts here and this thread on https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/foul-play/trophy/119893-Team-Player.html. it looks like the method I used should still work on the EU version. Once you progress far enough in the game to have access to two team charms, start up an online game on the PS4 under your primary account. Next then try to join an online game on the vita with the same primary account. It will find your local game and connect if both systems are on the same WIFI, put 2 team charms on both characters to double the chances of one of them popping and start the match. If for some reason it DOESN'T work, it looks like connecting online in a boosting session with a North American player is a proven method for it to work.

The game is a fun, combo-focused brawler I enjoyed playing through it even solo as the online was still broken in 2017. I too played through it on a vita so I had to wait until I bought a PS4 in 2018 to finish the plat.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

I'll throw my name in for the really enjoyed Rogue Aces crowd. It does take a bit to get used to it, but once you get over the very initial learning curve, it's a lot of fun. I played it during a holiday a few years ago and it ran fine on the Vita. You will need to use save back up for the 100 missions in a single game, but most of the rest of it was fairly straightforward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guardian_owl said:

The game is cross-save, so you can play it on the vita and then upload your save file to the game's cloud servers in-game to transfer it to your PS4 for this trophy. At the time I got it, you basically had no chance of getting the trophy via online play as the online for the game was horribly broken. I guess they fixed online at some point? After reading a few posts here and this thread on https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/foul-play/trophy/119893-Team-Player.html. it looks like the method I used should still work on the EU version. Once you progress far enough in the game to have access to two team charms, start up an online game on the PS4 under your primary account. Next then try to join an online game on the vita with the same primary account. It will find your local game and connect if both systems are on the same WIFI, put 2 team charms on both characters to double the chances of one of them popping and start the match. If for some reason it DOESN'T work, it looks like connecting online in a boosting session with a North American player is a proven method for it to work.

The game is a fun, combo-focused brawler I enjoyed playing through it even solo as the online was still broken in 2017. I too played through it on a vita so I had to wait until I bought a PS4 in 2018 to finish the plat.

Yeah I've started it and it is definitely pretty fun. Thanks loads for the really detailed info and the link, it's great to hear directly from someone who has had direct experience of this trophy situation. ?

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I'll throw my name in for the really enjoyed Rogue Aces crowd. It does take a bit to get used to it, but once you get over the very initial learning curve, it's a lot of fun. I played it during a holiday a few years ago and it ran fine on the Vita. You will need to use save back up for the 100 missions in a single game, but most of the rest of it was fairly straightforward.

Cheers for the input, I might come back to it in the future but life kind of gets in the way sadly so I've decided it's not for me (for now) but hey it's always there in the plus library.