Cross Gen Trophy Fix - Update 1.2.1

EIdain

On 29-5-2021 at 11:57 PM, sephirothdude said:

I have 23 trophies earned on the ps4 version, is possible for the them to auto unlock on ps5? and how do I do it please ?

Just log into your ps5, it will retrieve your save game from the servers. Most trophies will auto pop after a certain action is completed, whether a mission or an assasination on an enemy. Most trophies (not all, at least for me) will pop that way. 

• Like 1

When I first loaded the 100% save only worthy unlocked then once i killed a soldier silent viking unlocked. Doing a quest unlocked most of the trophies left on the ps4 version for me. Ones that did not unlock are,

Flying Eivor

Not the norse you're looking for

A picture of grace

Skadis hobby

Rampage ( having a save file before starting ''settling down(Raventhorpe)" mission will save a lot of time .Otherwise have to play Norway arc again.)

Row Rage

Equine attack

Caldawatch ---Equipping Excalibur from inventory unlocks this

Good catch ----- Catching one fish (any kind) unlocks this

Seahorse ---- Just go in the water with the horse and it unlocks the trophy

Face my might ---------- unequip one ability and then equip it back and this unlocks

Edited by zid2016

On 6/5/2021 at 8:23 AM, zid2016 said:

When I first loaded the 100% save only worthy unlocked then once i killed a soldier silent viking unlocked. Doing a quest unlocked most of the trophies left on the ps4 version for me. Ones that did not unlock are,

Flying Eivor

Not the norse you're looking for

A picture of grace

Skadis hobby

Rampage ( having a save file before starting ''settling down(Raventhorpe)" mission will save a lot of time .Otherwise have to play Norway arc again.)

Row Rage

Equine attack

Seahorse ---- Just go in the water with the horse and it unlocks the trophy

Face my might ---------- unequip one ability and then equip it back and this unlocks

So you went from PS5 to PS4. Are the other trophies you mentioned easy to get quickly? Also is this consistent or people getting random trophies popping. Haven't been following this game for a while

10 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

So you went from PS5 to PS4. Are the other trophies you mentioned easy to get quickly? Also is this consistent or people getting random trophies popping. Haven't been following this game for a while

Rest of the trophies are straight forward and will take about couple of hours to complete. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone. 

• Like 1

On 5-6-2021 at 2:23 AM, zid2016 said:

I can confirm this works and it also works for the Wield Mjolnir trophy by equipping it. 

My cross gen experience was as follows: 

- Started on PS4 and got about 30% of the trophies

- Migrated to PS5 and all but one (story) trophy auto popped. The missing trophy auto popped after completing a quest.  
- Platted the game on PS5 and transferred that save game back to PS4.

- Upon loading that save on PS4 nothing auto popped, but again after completing a quest (I did the small Ragnar quest) every trophy     popped except 4 (the Mjolnir and Excalibur trophies, the fishing trophy and Overdesign II)

- For the first three I used the method mentioned by Zid2016 and did Overdesign II like normal.

- Platinum ??

• Like 2

Got my PS5 platinum after nearly 108 hours clocked. Couldn't find any concrete information about doing a PS5 to PS4 trophy pop, so here's what I came up with after a few hours of trying.

Booted my 100% Plat PS5 save in the PS4 version which unlocked the following trophies with a little trial and error.

Worthy - Instantly popped upon loading into the game. May need to equip Thor's Hammer if it doesn't unlock.
Seahorse - Jump on the horse and go for a swim.
Good Catch! - Catch/kill a random fish and collect it.
Silent Viking - Assassinate one of the dummies around the Hidden Ones' Bureau
Equine Attack - Repeat of Silent Viking, just from your horse instead. May be able to be combined, didn't try it.
Crawldfch - Switch to it in your inventory if you didn't already have it equipped.
Face My Might! -  Go into your skills menu, remove one, then enable it again.
A Picture of Grace - Run through any breakable item and it'll pop.

Tried a few other things, but nothing else popped until I loaded up an "Exclusive Quest Save" from the middle of the final battle in the game with all your allies. I believe everyone should have this save. If you don't have it, you may have to go back to an even older save. After finishing it and speaking to all my allies, the remainder of the trophies popped besides the following:

Disorder of the Ancients  - Travel to Aethelnay and finish off the quest line or kill any remaining order members left.
Rampage -  Will have to replay the intro to get to this one unless you have a save from very early on.
Skadi's Hobby - Return to Norway and slide down the mountain again.
Overdesign II  - Use a guide to make this a walk in the park.
Row Rage - Find five boats and sink 'em like you're playing Battleship.
Home Sweet Home - I didn't personally have this unlocked on my Exclusive Quest save yet, but it may autopop if you do. Otherwise just finish off upgrading your settlement.
Not the Norse You're Looking For - Find some Monks and blend in, easy enough.
Flying Eivor - Follow the guide and get tossed off a tower.

If you followed along, congrats! You should have yourself a new, shiny Platinum!

Edited by Spartan

• 3 weeks later...

So has this been figured out yet? I just got a PS5. I've had Valhalla on PS4 since release, so everything has been finished (except all the mastery challenges, but I can't be bothered with that garbage right now). The only thing that's popped for me is Silent Assassin when I assassinated a single enemy. 

I had daily contracts to do from Reda (which is where i got the assassination), but not only did completing them not auto-pop anything, they didn't even give me Opals. So I don't have any other missions to complete. With Silent Assassin popping, this is now going to be stuck on my profile if nothing auto-pops...so it's not like I can delete the 0%. 

And concrete way to get these to pop? I thought it was simply supposed to happen upon loading the game up? 

EDIT: Also completed a game of Orlog and still nothing. 

Edited by Viper

5 hours ago, Viper said:

So has this been figured out yet? I just got a PS5. I've had Valhalla on PS4 since release, so everything has been finished (except all the mastery challenges, but I can't be bothered with that garbage right now). The only thing that's popped for me is Silent Assassin when I assassinated a single enemy. 

I had daily contracts to do from Reda (which is where i got the assassination), but not only did completing them not auto-pop anything, they didn't even give me Opals. So I don't have any other missions to complete. With Silent Assassin popping, this is now going to be stuck on my profile if nothing auto-pops...so it's not like I can delete the 0%. 

And concrete way to get these to pop? I thought it was simply supposed to happen upon loading the game up? 

EDIT: Also completed a game of Orlog and still nothing. 

Wait for Siege of Paris then do a mission to start auto pop.

9 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Wait for Siege of Paris then do a mission to start auto pop.

Yeah I just did both of todays daily contracts and still nothing...I guess I have no other choice there. Assuming that DLC is about a month away. 

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah I just did both of todays daily contracts and still nothing...I guess I have no other choice there. Assuming that DLC is about a month away. 

Brw you could load the backup save right before you finish final mission that the game makes. Everyone should have one right before they finish the game. Go and check and see if it’s there. That way you at least get a mission to complete. 

6 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Brw you could load the backup save right before you finish final mission that the game makes. Everyone should have one right before they finish the game. Go and check and see if it’s there. That way you at least get a mission to complete. 

I'll try that I guess. I went back to Ireland and completed one of those King's Quests you can always do and that didn't Auto-Pop either....which is making me increasingly weary about this. 

EDIT: I don't have a save from the final mission anymore. The Episode Save file has been overwritten now with the Mastery Challenge stuff...it was only a save from June 16th. :(

Edited by Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I'll try that I guess. I went back to Ireland and completed one of those King's Quests you can always do and that didn't Auto-Pop either....which is making me increasingly weary about this. 

EDIT: I don't have a save from the final mission anymore. The Episode Save file has been overwritten now with the Mastery Challenge stuff...it was only a save from June 16th. :(

That sucks. Guess you’ll have to wait until the next DLC then. I also only got the one 10 assassins in a row trophy when I tried auto popping without completing a mission. So I’m confident that yours will pop when you can complete a mission. 

It’s only like 2 months or so I believe until Siege of Paris. 

• Like 1

Hmm. I'm attempting to transfer a platinum PS5 save to PS4 to see if I can snare some "free" duplicate trophies.

I've been able to get all the base game trophies except the "First Raid in England", which strangely enough can't pop, even when I completed one sidequest I left unfinished in England. Finishing that sidequest gave me nearly everything else, including all the story and completionist trophies. There were a few trophies I had to redo, like sledding down the mountain in Norway and catching a fish (though I only needed to catch one to pop the trophy.) 

Strangely enough, though, I can't figure out any way to pop the Ireland DLC trophies. Completed a bonus "free silver and XP for 100 clothes" contract in Dublin; no acknowledgment. Completed a King's Bounty -- didn't work. Completed a story quest (albeit in England) -- nope. 

What's strange is that, with the miscellaneous base game trophies that didn't autopop, redoing the conditions can pop those trophies. All I had to do was equip Excalibur for that trophy, for example. But there's a similar Ireland DLC trophy that requires you to equip two sickles. I did so, and the sickle trophy didn't pop. 

Has anyone found a workaround for this? 

On 28/05/2021 at 3:13 AM, Quink666 said:

Complete a quest.

I did that and it popped most of the trophies, but some didn't pop. that wouldn't be a problem usually, but one that didn't pop is

Spoiler

drawing excalibur from the stone 

Edited by yeeticus563
forgot to add spoiler tags

3 hours ago, yeeticus563 said:

I did that and it popped most of the trophies, but some didn't pop. that wouldn't be a problem usually, but one that didn't pop is

Hide contents

drawing excalibur from the stone 

Just re equip excalibur from invetory and the trophy will pop.

• 3 weeks later...

Well for whatever reason my trophies finally decided to pop after doing the Weekly quest for today. However quite a few didn't pop...most of them are simple trophies I can do on my own. But then theres "Builder" and "Home Sweet Home. Getting your Settlement to Level 3 and 6...settlement has been at 6, I have no clue how I'd get that to pop now. And beating all Orlog players...I've already beaten the player in Ravensthorpe and the trophy didn't pop, everyone is already beaten, I'm not sure what to do there either. 

And None of the Wrath of the Druids DLC popped, I went to Ireland and completed a King's Quest and that did nothing. So I'm going to have to remember next Tuesday to load the game up and accept the Weekly Contract while in Ireland in hopes that pops those trophies. 

Hi,

I just did the 3 Reda's quests (weekly + dailies) and almost all trophies popped, even Builder and Home Sweet Home !
I had a save file with all done except Saint Faith.

A dozen are not unlocked and apart from "Rampage" where there is a chance that I will have to redo a new game, the rest does not seem problematic to me. I must be lucky !

Note : no trophy for the first DLC on the other hand, not yet tried to find a trick for them.

Edit : All done (base game) + I had an old save with some raids not done (for Rampage), so that was easy ! Platinum done :)

Edited by RpGmAx

10 hours ago, RpGmAx said:

Hi,

I just did the 3 Reda's quests (weekly + dailies) and almost all trophies popped, even Builder and Home Sweet Home !
I had a save file with all done except Saint Faith.

A dozen are not unlocked and apart from "Rampage" where there is a chance that I will have to redo a new game, the rest does not seem problematic to me. I must be lucky !

Note : no trophy for the first DLC on the other hand, not yet tried to find a trick for them.

Edit : All done (base game) + I had an old save with some raids not done (for Rampage), so that was easy ! Platinum done :)

I really wish we can figure out why this is so random for everyone. Why did you get Home Sweet Home and I didn't? Why did some people have the Wrath of the Druids trophies pop and not us? There's absolutely no consistency to what trophies are popping for people...this is so strange. I really wish we had better answers for anyone in the future so they don't have to go through this mess...because if there's no trick to getting Home Sweet Home to pop then this will have to remain unfinished on my profile. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

I really wish we can figure out why this is so random for everyone. Why did you get Home Sweet Home and I didn't? Why did some people have the Wrath of the Druids trophies pop and not us? There's absolutely no consistency to what trophies are popping for people...this is so strange. I really wish we had better answers for anyone in the future so they don't have to go through this mess...because if there's no trick to getting Home Sweet Home to pop then this will have to remain unfinished on my profile. 

You can do another match and settlement lvl 3 isnt very difficult and you will make in short time

7 hours ago, Viper said:

I really wish we can figure out why this is so random for everyone. Why did you get Home Sweet Home and I didn't?

I don't know :(
Did you complete all the 3 Reda's quests (to be stricly similar to me) ?

10 hours ago, RpGmAx said:

I don't know :(
Did you complete all the 3 Reda's quests (to be stricly similar to me) ?

Yes. My issue was worse than this...when I got my PS5 a couple weeks ago and transferred over, NONE of my trophies popped. I think it was the 1.3.0 update that did it for me...and I did the daily first, nothing happened, then I did the Weekly and they decided to pop, then did the other Daily and nothing else happened. Before this, I was doing the daily/weeklys every single day. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, does anybody have an update on any of this? I played the base game on ps4 and got all but 3 of the base trophies. I'm thinking of one day getting the ps5 version with the DLC, but I have no interest in trying to reacquire all the trophies and I also deleted my ps4 save. So, as of this point, if I played the ps5 version would I have to go through the hassle of getting these trophies again?

Edited by auditoreblue

15 hours ago, auditoreblue said:

So, does anybody have an update on any of this? I played the base game on ps4 and got all but 3 of the base trophies. I'm thinking of one day getting the ps5 version with the DLC, but I have no interest in trying to reacquire all the trophies and I also deleted my ps4 save. So, as of this point, if I played the ps5 version would I have to go through the hassle of getting these trophies again?

What trophies are you missing? Also it's the cloud save that's important..Auto popped trophies today from ps5 to ps4 and from what I've seen the trophies pop when the cloud saves gets updated.