Trophy Thoughts?

Rubempia16

11 hours ago, Rubempia16 said:

The PS VR version of Star Wars Pinball had it's own trophy list. What did you think?

It's worth noting that this version of the game seems to have new content. The press release shows information regarding some Mandelorian tables, for example

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreggit said:

It's worth noting that this version of the game seems to have new content. The press release shows information regarding some Mandelorian tables, for example

I hope these Mandalorian tables show up for Pinball FX3.  It’s been forever since we got a new table.

• Like 1

On 27.04.2021 at 6:57 PM, djb5f said:

I hope these Mandalorian tables show up for Pinball FX3.  It’s been forever since we got a new table.

On their discord server, they confirmed that Pinball FX3 isn't getting any other tables. It's done. This new VR game has the unreal engine. Their new game (fx4) will also have the unreal when it gets released later this year.

About the trophies... There are 7 nonspecific general trophies and 8 table specific trophies. 6 of these 8 are for the old tables and they aren't new stuff, same old trophies. And they are generally easy, even the Rebels trophy which is for playing the wizard mode, but that's probably the easiest wizard mode to trigger ever. We'll see the new tables' trophies, no idea about them yet.

But one of the nonspecific ones looks interesting. Any idea about this shard collecting trophy? I bought the game just yesterday and I'm planning to start it as soon as I'm done with Dead Space 2, but that trophy description is intimidating. It could be anything. I hope it's not very grindy and it's doable with the current tables.

Update: I've started the game now. There is a career mode. You play on certain tables in a certain order to complete some challenges. Shards are collected on these missions. It's basically a 3 star challenge trophy. There seems to be 50 missions, 150 shards. I don't know if more will be unlocked later.

But there is a problem. The trophy of the Masters of the Force table might be glitched. I've done it 3 times on 3 different game modes (career, classic, arcade), but it didn't pop. I'm playing it on a ps5, so I'll try again on ps4 and update here.

Edit: Nope, still doesn't work. It doesn't give the in-game award (lighting extra ball) either. The master combo isn't recognised at all.

Update: Backed up and deleted all the save files and tried again and got that trophy. A while ago. Forgot to update this post.

Edited by emboliformis
  • Like 3

I've just got the "collect all shards" trophy. There are a total of 50 missions (challenges) and 150 shards to collect. No save state in this mode (career) as far as I can see, so no savescumming. But they weren't that difficult. Only a few of those, especially The Masters of the Force challenges for me, were quite challenging, but certainly doable. They are mostly "reach a certain score in a time limit", "reach a certain score in a distance (ball's travel distance on the table) limit", "... in under xxx flips", "... with 1 ball, 2 balls or 3 balls..." etc, so you just gotta need to find the best scoring game modes and use them.

Also worth noting, there is infinite ball save if the challenge isn't a certain number of balls type challenge and the table specific trophies can be earned on this mode too.

Edited by emboliformis

• 10 months later...

It's just like any other game where you can save your current state at anytime you want. Zen's most pinball games allow this. You can quit the game after a few successful shots or missions or any other time you want. And then back up your save via playstation plus or a usb (on ps4 games). Then continue the game. Do this as many times as you want, and if you fail at some point, you can download your latest back up and try again. This is roughly how it works. On zen's ps3 games, there is a save file protection, so you can't download a backed up save from the ps plus cloud more than once in 24 hours. But on the vita and ps4, there is no such limit. Zen's only pinball game that disables trophies when you continue a saved game is the first game on ps3, Zen Pinball. That makes it the hardest of the bunch.

• Like 2