Jump to content

Road to 80% profile completion


Cassio_Legend

Recommended Posts

Hey there, a few month ago i asked the community to help me decide on which already started games i should finish next. I started at 58% and finally managed to reach 70%. Now i want to reach 80%. 

Maybe some background information about why i need your help. I used to play many games at a time and couldn´t really decide on which to play next. Because of that there was (or still is) a massive backlog on games i generally enjoyed but stopped playing because the next game was already calling for me. On top of that i used to platinum games and then stopped bothering about the 100% completion.

 

So which games are worth buying the DLC`s and going for the 100%?

and

Which games would you recommend me to go for the platinum next?

 

Thank you for your help and tips!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been doing the same thing. I never used to bother with trophies and had a very short attention span when it came to completing games so I too had a horrible completion ratio which I've been improving. 

 

I've made a spreadsheet with all of my unfinished games and the number of trophies left to get to 100%. I've ranked them most to least trophies left. i can then mark off as I work through all those trophy backlogs and it gives a sense of accomplishment and allows me to see how far I've come. I'd recommend doing something similar. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First off - Congratulations on bringing your percentage up 12%! With as many games as you have, that's no mean feat! ?? ☺️

 

Looking at the lower percentage stuff you have, the ones that really stand out as being quite do-able (and enjoyable!), are:

 

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Unravel

Mass Effect 3

Spiderman Remastered

Rime

Shadow of the Colossus

This War of Mine

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

God of War III

 

I'd be willing to bet that bringing most of these up to at least the 80-90% level would easily make a decent dent in your completion percentage overall ?

 

I'll also add that you have Invisible Inc at a fairly low percentage - that game is amazing, and has the potential to up your Ultra-Rare trophy count as well as your completion percentage, as it was a PSPlus game, and so has an artificially high rarity to go along with being one of the greatest games of the past decade ☺️

 

 

Also, when I am on a completion bender (as I have been from time to time) my method is simple - 2 games 100%'d for each new game I add.

 

So, for every new game I put on the profile, I must either finish up that one and an old one, or finish up 2 older ones if that one looks likely to best me - you'd be amazed how quickly that can make a real impact!

 

Trust me - I started out with my completion in the low 40% range!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marvel's Spider-Man is a good start. Easy platinum with a couple annoying bits in the DLC, but easily manageable for the average player.

 

Finish up RiME, it's one of the few games in its genre that I actually enjoyed. Go back to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you finished Death March difficulty so you can play on the easiest setting for that one trophy you missed. Dark Souls and Unravel are good choices for your next platinum trophies, although I don't know how skilled of a gamer you are. Really enjoyed Unravel, but the gold trophy for finishing a level without dying seems to get a lot of people tied up in knots. Little joke there, if you know what material the character of Unravel is made of.

 

Keep a checklist. Plan on what games you want to play next on your list. Take a break if you need to and come back when you feel ready.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I've made a spreadsheet with all of my unfinished games and the number of trophies left to get to 100%. I've ranked them most to least trophies left. i can then mark off as I work through all those trophy backlogs and it gives a sense of accomplishment and allows me to see how far I've come. I'd recommend doing something similar. 

Thanks for the advice. I guess something visual to write on can improve my progress. It`s like a To-Do List. Guess i will give it a try. 

 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Unravel

Mass Effect 3

Spiderman Remastered

Rime

Shadow of the Colossus

This War of Mine

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

God of War III

And it seems like DrBloodmoney already gave me the perfect list to start with. I will write down the general percentages of these games, number of missing trophies and the time needed to finish those games. I will start with the ps4 games because i gave my ps3 to my younger brother who still lives with our parents. So i can only approach them when i visit them for a few days. 

Thank you very much! I didn´t expect this good answers. 

 

I will use this Thread to update my progress (sort of additional external motivation) maybe once a month. 

38 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Marvel's Spider-Man is a good start. Easy platinum with a couple annoying bits in the DLC, but easily manageable for the average player.

 

Finish up RiME, it's one of the few games in its genre that I actually enjoyed. Go back to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you finished Death March difficulty so you can play on the easiest setting for that one trophy you missed. Dark Souls and Unravel are good choices for your next platinum trophies, although I don't know how skilled of a gamer you are. Really enjoyed Unravel, but the gold trophy for finishing a level without dying seems to get a lot of people tied up in knots. Little joke there, if you know what material the character of Unravel is made of.

 

Keep a checklist. Plan on what games you want to play next on your list. Take a break if you need to and come back when you feel ready.

Yeah, i really enjoyed all the games you mentioned and don´t really know i why i never finished them. The witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time but to go through the whole game just for one trophy can be pretty tiring. Unfortunately i wasn`t a trophy hunter back then and thats why i was`t aware of this missible trophy... But someday i have to finish it for sure.

Edited by Cassio_Legend
Mentioned wrong name
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

My current progress of the 10 mentioned games is as followed:

 

Assassin's Creed Revelations: 3% = 2 / 70

Unravel: 5% = 3 / 26

Mass Effect 3: 9% = 9 / 69

Spiderman Remastered: 18% = 20 / 79

Rime: 29% = 11 / 32

Shadow of the Colossus: 31% = 20 / 38

This War of Mine: 38% = 15 / 29

Tomb Raider Legend: 34% = 18 / 42

Tomb Raider Anniversary: 32% = 18 / 42

God of War III: 48% = 23 / 36

 

My overall completionrate is 70,38%. I will update this stats on May, 27th and hopefully i get some of these games done. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...