PS5 Games Regions

bikeman223

This might be an obvious question, but how do you tell the region of your PS5 games? For the PS4 games there was a symbol with either a 1,2,3 or 4 on the back of the box. I've read some old articles saying that PS5 games wouldn't be region locked, but I'm not sure what that means in regards to DLC if your store region doesn't match up. With the PS3 and PS4 you were out of luck when it came to DLC in that regard. 

You can probably go off the age rating on the front of the case: PEGI, USK and ACB for PAL, ESRB for NA/NTSC, CERO for Japan/NTSC-J, etc.

Failing that, the license/product ID or barcode is usually different for each region. GameFAQs usually has info on this under "release date" on a game's page, but it seems a little scarce for PS5 games right now. To give an example, here's a PS5 game, and here's a PS4 game; I can't seem to find any PS5 games currently that actually list the product ID code. They're usually never 100% anyway, there's always some IDs missing, but you should be able to find what region your game somewhere is by searching for the product ID on Google (it's usually the small print on the bottom of the spine of the case).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

You can probably go off the age rating on the front of the case: PEGI, USK and ACB for PAL, ESRB for NA/NTSC, CERO for Japan/NTSC-J, etc.

Failing that, the license/product ID or barcode is usually different for each region. GameFAQs usually has info on this under "release date" on a game's page, but it seems a little scarce for PS5 games right now. To give an example, here's a PS5 game, and here's a PS4 game; I can't seem to find any PS5 games currently that actually list the product ID code. They're usually never 100% anyway, there's always some IDs missing, but you should be able to find what region your game somewhere is by searching for the product ID on Google (it's usually the small print on the bottom of the spine of the case).

Thanks. There's also a number on the spine of the case. PPSA, I think it's the region code as that's how the PS3 and PS4 did it.