[Rant] PD Please Rename Gran Turismo Sport !

HamiTosh

Honestly this game doesnt deserve to be titled "The Real Driving Simulator" rather "The Real Dirty Driving Simulator".

Driving clean  brings you nowhere.

The matchmaking too is complete bull crap.

Are you honestly telling me that someone who has 300.000km+ on their dashboard is a friggin DR D SR E driver??Lol

Its clear that at least half the players stats are wrong.

And why do we have to play against the same idiots in the races over and over again?I thought the game is popular and has a good playerbase

yet I get matched with the same players on end.

On top of that I get cursed out at the end of the races for reaching 1st place despite 3 guys fighting me the whole race, reporting those messages and getting back the reply "these messages dont violate TOS"

Hahaha.glad i only paid 10 bucks for this half-assed crap.

No I dont care about online "competitive" racing nor do I believe I am the best driver but please if you just wanna crash go to Wreckfest.

Ps. Save your "git gut" shit

Stuff like this doesn't need to have its own thread.

And just for clarification: You always race against players that have a similar SR and DR. Increase your rating and you'll be matched with the good guys. Distance driven doesn't equal skill.

• Like 2

Chill dude - It’s skill based matchmaking, isn’t it?

So, if - as you say - you don’t want to ‘git gud’,  the only way to not always be racing the same ‘idiots’...

...is to ‘Git Worse’, I guess?:dunno:

A game this old is not going to have a massive player base still active though, I’m afraid you are basically stuck dancing with the girl’s that brung you.

13 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Yes, that game sucks. I have a GT pro player friend and even he admits that this game sucks.

No, the game doesn't suck. I have a GT pro player friend and he loves the game. He even raced the Nordschleife for 27 hours for charity. Now what?

The matchmaking process gives preference to SR rather than DR, so if you’re paired with dirty drivers it’s because you’re as dirty as them.

git clean

In all seriousness, the first few races can be frustrating because you start off with a very low rating. Try not to have any incident of your fault in a handful of races, even if that results in losing positions, and you’ll escalate to S SR quickly. Then it becomes real fun, clean racing with people of your driving skills, the matchmaking of GT Sport is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

No, the game doesn't suck. I have a GT pro player friend and he loves the game. He even raced the Nordschleife for 27 hours for charity. Now what?

And? do you want me to clap for your friend? lol