Genshin Impact - PS5 Trophies Discussion (PS5 Version Has a Platinum)

Aranea Highwind

I've been holding off playing this game until I get a PS5, so I'm really glad to hear they've added a bunch of new trophies and a platinum for the PS5 version. The base game trophy list for the PS4 version left a lot to be desired when it came to the trophy hunting experience.

• Like 1

It looks like I should have all of these outside of the spiral abyss ones since I've only made it to floor 6 of that. I assume they'll auto pop as soon as I get on the game. I also assume the PS5 list is the same except with all of these in one list. Going to be a pain to finish the abyss to get the Plat.

18 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Shame the PS4 version has no platinum still, though I understand that they can't retroactively add one to the list. I wonder how grindy the additional trophy lists will end up being. These free to play games can be pretty intense when it comes to their trophy grinds. 

Expect MANY hours more required now simply for the Abyss alone.

If you never played Genshin, it's basically the end-game dungeon and you need TWO complete squads of high level/gear characters (8 total) to complete the later stages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Expect MANY hours more required now simply for the Abyss alone.

If you never played Genshin, it's basically the end-game dungeon and you need TWO complete squads of high level/gear characters (8 total) to complete the later stages.

Hoo boy. Yeah I better stay away from this one, or play it on PC if I get curious enough.

To anyone hoping to play cross-platform: Remember that currently if you try to swap region, you're stuck with unobtainables because the trophies are linked to the in-game achievements, which can only pop once. Meaning each individual trophy can only be popped in one trophy list, and only one. We can't assume they fixed that with the cross-platform release, so proceed with caution.

11 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

To anyone hoping to play cross-platform: Remember that currently if you try to swap region, you're stuck with unobtainables because the trophies are linked to the in-game achievements, which can only pop once. Meaning each individual trophy can only be popped in one trophy list, and only one. We can't assume they fixed that with the cross-platform release, so proceed with caution.

OUF. Good call.

Hope not...That would be very stupid =/

Edited by DragonSpear2462

YES!!! They finally added more trophies to the game. I truly hope they keep on adding more trophies as the game keeps expanding with further updates. The new trophies on the PS4 version are more than welcome. I have most of them done already except clearing the Spyral Abyss, which I've been grinding for a while already. This also gives me the perfect excuse to finally go and finish my chests and raise the Frosbearing Tree in the Dragonspine Area, which I've been holding on doing.

Also, good to see that the PS5 version a Platinum trophy. It's a shame that they couldn't add one retroactively to the PS4 version of the game but I bet that is due to Sony's policies more than anything. At least they didn't forget about us PS4 folk and still added a bunch of trophies to that version of the game. I'm more than happy about it! Excellent work, miHoYo! :D

• Like 1

I was concerned if there ever would be more trophies that they will ask to 9-star clear all 12 floors of abyss. Really glad they didn't. The max i can manage with current abyss layout is 8/9 on 11 and 5/9 on 12.

Still, I am glad that they listened to the community and added trophies. Also, I am a bit concerned that if they continue to add trophies with every expansion I'll need to redownload ps4 version every one in a while, but that's manageable.

18 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I was concerned if there ever would be more trophies that they will ask to 9-star clear all 12 floors of abyss. Really glad they didn't. The max i can manage with current abyss layout is 8/9 on 11 and 5/9 on 12.

Still, I am glad that they listened to the community and added trophies. Also, I am a bit concerned that if they continue to add trophies with every expansion I'll need to redownload ps4 version every one in a while, but that's manageable.

But it does have one?

Abyss: Abyssal Crusader
Obtain all Abyssal Stars in the Spiral Abyss.

Unless 9-12 don't count for some reason because they rotate?

EDIT

Now that I think about it, these Abyss trophies are similar to the Achievements you find in-game. If that's the case, then it is only the first 8 floors, which makes this trophy MUCH easier.

Edited by DragonSpear2462

8 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

But it does have one?

Abyss: Abyssal Crusader
Obtain all Abyssal Stars in the Spiral Abyss.

Unless 9-12 don't count for some reason because they rotate?

Huh, I actually used google translate on ps5 version and it was written as Abyssal Corridor, which is floor 1-8. Well, if it turns out that you need 9-12 too, then its a major pain in the ass. Especially for a silver trophy.

Edited by Akrioz