Share your top 3 hated minigames

Shikoku_Inari

1. Batting - worst mini game for me, doing that even with looking at Kiruy stop moving was a nightmare, couldn't get by it for a long time. But after couple of hours I was able to do so... 

2. Disco - holy shit, this is the worst rhythm game I have ever played. Karaoke was good and bad, but disco? Whoever came up with that game should be immediately fired. Screen is too clogged, colours are blending with each other, timing on those squares is ridiculous. People who are telling you to "listen to the beat" clearly haven't played it, because beat here is completely off with what's going on screen. You just need to learn timings and have muscle memory for it and pray you don't eff up. 

3. Real Estate/Hostess Club - it's not that they are easy, but they are grindy as hell. It takes really long time to complete them, even for just unlocking legend style. You go there, buy stuff, come back, play mini game, upgrade, do the same stuff for many many hours... Seriously, what's the point of this in a single player game? 

PS.

I know many people don't like mahjong, but to be honest it wasn't that bad. Once you learn the patterns and how to pair them, it all comes to just playing, making those triplets and pairs, spam square after every round and that's it. Get rid off dragons and winds at the beginning (expect you have clear pair or three) and try to do as many triplets as possible. Many times you will fail, but sometimes it will work. Also, after every good game, quit and star over to not lose profit. 

Oh, and for catfights I have very easy solution, that will get you win in almost every round. Just wait till you have Beads of Good Fortune, Honcho Scarf and T-shirt with financial luck. During a match, always try to counter the strongest attack. If she have most stars on fist, you go with paper. The smashing button fights are rigged, it doesn't matter how fast you press it, you even go slow and if you have to win, you will win, if game decides otherwise, even turbo controller won't help you. With that strat I won like 6 or 7 tournaments straight. I lost after that just by changing to some weak characters. 

Edited by Patrickosan

• 1 month later...

1. JCC -  Took me a couple of hours which is whatever, but it's just not fun. 

2. Mahjong - I somehow got lucky and got the haneman and riichi ippatsu within the first hour, but learning the game properly was still a tedious task and took some time.

3. Fantasy Zone - I actually had fun with this arcade game but I cant deny that it took me many retries. I kept dying to the boss from level 3 that shot missiles from its body in order. I'd rather play this than Pool or Batting, though, it just took me way longer than those.

Edited by aceinstincts

• 2 weeks later...

Koi Koi - I couldn't wrap my head around it. The hands made no sense to me, I couldn't figure out what a "sake cup" was.

Batting - I don't know what was worse: The multiple strategies people posted online that got me nowhere or the BS timing.

Fantasy Zone - I don't hate it, it just took too long for what it was.

Edited by TheWestPT

On 22.8.2022 at 11:01 PM, Patrickosan said:

2. Disco - holy shit, this is the worst rhythm game I have ever played. Karaoke was good and bad, but disco? Whoever came up with that game should be immediately fired. Screen is too clogged, colours are blending with each other, timing on those squares is ridiculous. People who are telling you to "listen to the beat" clearly haven't played it, because beat here is completely off with what's going on screen. You just need to learn timings and have muscle memory for it and pray you don't eff up. 

3. Real Estate/Hostess Club - it's not that they are easy, but they are grindy as hell. It takes really long time to complete them, even for just unlocking legend style. You go there, buy stuff, come back, play mini game, upgrade, do the same stuff for many many hours... Seriously, what's the point of this in a single player game? 

2. I didnt like disco at first mainly because I sucked  at it. Shortly after understanding the timing and how it really works ( more steps to get higher score) I started to turn into a disco god and I really liked this minigame

3. Well, both "minigames" have a pretty decent/interesting story with likeable characters, the minigames are decent enough but a bit repetitive.  Also, the hostess club is really liked/loved by the majority of players to the extent that they brought it back in kiawami 2 so I think the problem in this case is you and your subjective preferences.

"Seriously, what's the point of this in a single player game?"

To add more ( and for the most part) quality content? If you dont like it then dont play it. Let me ask a question too. Why should they not include something most people like just to appeal to a minority ( some trophy hunters who dont like this kind of content)?

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Catfight - rng in this is so stupid

2. ... maybe batting - it is hard not because minigame, but because You have to score 5-6 before even start to get some money, but still... after 2-3 hours of practicing I was hitting first 6 balls with no problem, it took me longer then it should because i didn't want to risk more then 7 shots, and this is why it is not good minigame. It doesn't make You feel good, it is frustrating.

3. ... basicely all rng minigames, but it was easy to gain money, so I played them to short. I don't like poker and any other base on luck games in real life, so I didn't like them in the game, but still it got me to short time to gain enough money to consider them bad. I could say Mahjong, because it is frustrating at the begining, but when You learn enough it could be preety easy - the key is to understand when You can call Richi - I couldn't understand it for few hours - and it was such a pain.

I do not understand your complaining about disco game. It was one of first that I accomplished. Ofcourse the hardest one (that which had to be done 7k plus points) could be really hard, but every other is preety easy. You have to listen carefully and got the right rythm. You may think it is not playing along with music, but it's not true. It is perfectly match. Ok, I may be playing instrument in real life so it may be a little easier to me, but still I am totaly noob in all games where You have to be precise and careful, cause I am getting frustrate really easy, and my manual skills are seriously bad. Still, I beat disco game preety easy. And my favorites one was Darts and Bowling, cause they gives much satisfaction. I didn't like stick shifting in pool, so my ball goes whenever it wants, but I understands why they created this game this way. In summary, minigames wasn't that bad for me (except catfights), but it took too long. There are way too many of them.

What is serious pain in the ass for me is.... climax batlle PG8, but it is offtop so sorry but I had to mention it.

On 16.10.2022 at 10:17 PM, TheWestPT said:

Koi Koi - I couldn't wrap my head around it. The hands made no sense to me, I couldn't figure out what a "sake cup" was.

sake cup is one of the cards. 

One more thing about mahjong... I think that help for this minigame is absolutely confusing for beginners. It would be much better if they show on examples first few rules, then discribing all the rest. When I begin to read this help I didn't understand a thing. I had to watch some yt guides to understand, and the most important was to understand how to call Richii. They didn't explain it well in help at all.

Edited by Hawkmoon_PL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just finished all of the minigames and without question my 3 least favorite are:

1. JCC Catfighting

2. Hostess Club

3. Equipment Search

Equipment search is just boring, RNG based and grindy. The Hostess club was fun for a few rounds but became really grindy and boring to complete and JCC is just plain stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on a replay of 0, and to my surprise, I liked all the minigames once I understood them. Nothing was too hard for me that wasn't RNG based, and even then the ebb and flow of it wasn't too painful. The one's I hated most were just grindy and simple.

1. Equipment Search/Crafting - thought it was a boring activity

2. The telephone club - If it was required less, I'd be cool with it, but after the novelty wore off it became too repetitive for me.

3. The SEGA arcade games -I wasn't entertained while learning them or getting score

• 5 weeks later...

most hated: 

1. fantasy zone (still cant get 100k) despite videos (can beat the other 3 sega games with very little problem) in fact pretty good on space harrier 

2. batting cage (gotten better but it's still bad) 3x left

3. Cat Fight 

going to get the plat, finishing this opens the yakuza series for potential milestones.

Edited by Lordguwa

• 3 months later...

1. Outrun - It's a fun game but something about it hurts my eyes.

2. Telephone Club - The minigame itself isn't... terrible. Just having to do it so many times when going for 100% and maybe not getting the girl you need for a bit.

3. Catfight - Same as above. If the game didn't just choose when I lose the button mash sequences I think it could have been a better mode. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently did this (except 10 tourny) and worst is 

1) Catfight

2) Japanese chess, shogi

3) Baccarat 

On 11/1/2023 at 7:26 AM, xXIsaIsaXx said:

1. Outrun - It's a fun game but something about it hurts my eyes.

2. Telephone Club - The minigame itself isn't... terrible. Just having to do it so many times when going for 100% and maybe not getting the girl you need for a bit.

3. Catfight - Same as above. If the game didn't just choose when I lose the button mash sequences I think it could have been a better mode. 

Telephone club girls all have a distinct voice with a different colour outfit its not as bad.