Update 1.51 Now Live

Parker

Apparently we'll see update 1.51 sometime "later today."

Later today, the next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.51) will be available. With this minor required update, stability of system software has been improved. In addition, minor refinements to elements of the system UI (such as clearly indicating when a user downloads a game and a game patch at the same time) have been introduced.

In the North American region, automatic downloads for system and game updates are enabled by default when PS4 is in stand-by mode. Once system software update 1.51 is available later tonight, your PS4 will automatically download it, enabling you to update quickly and easily.

Source: PlayStation Blog

I haven't had any issues with my UI hanging up but it will be nice to know when we're downloading a patch for games and all that jazz. It was very quick response from Sony too, I wasn't expecting another update this quick. 

Edit: Update is now live. 

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 2

I think you can see your download list at the psn website and I guess it will be (or it is) like they advertise with the phone app you click to download and the console should just turn on from standby and do it? Of course a download list would be much more convenient should be available some time soon I would suspect with themes and all, honestly I only see a final product with the updates and all once the console launches in Europe.

They should also update the PS3, the friends list is so messy as of right now... specially if you have 200+ friends.

Agreed. When I'm on my ps3 it will say something like 20 friends online and when I turn on my ps4 I'll have 50. Also on the ps3 I'll be on my account then sign in with my 2nd ps3 and it won't show either account is online even though I'm friends with my alt account. To fix it I have to sign in/out with my main account to see my alt on the friends list.

It would also be nice to have your friends that are on ps4 or vita be with the current online friends instead of the bottom of the friends list.

One last thing they should add to ps4 is a game folder! I feel like my xmb has games all over the place and seems unorganized. Bringing back the comment box on ps4 wouldn't be a bad idea either. That way I can boast about my newest plat lol

Edited by weeztha

People on the main menu u can view the game and a little progress bar on the icon. Or u could go to notifications icon go to downloads and view them. Its not that hard, just mess with the menu you'll find a lot of stuff. There's messages icon on their as well. Or go to ur friends list find ur friends and comment on what stuff u did or just show them with sharing ur clips. There's also a library icon on the main screen to view ur games.

The theme music gets annoying after awhile. I really hope a update to change the backround and music is coming soon.

Ya,on the store itself doesn't have ur total games redeemed for PS3, Vita, PS4, or old PS2, PS1 backlog.

Edited by Benfoxy83

its great to see updates to the system so early. I hope they improve the UI with the following in a future software update:

-Media support for music, videos, and photos like on ps3.
-Adobe flash support on the web browser
-friends coming online notification

-Give ps4 a sortable download list

-Bring back avatar support in the ps4's psn store
-ability to customize the background for the UI to something other than the bland blue look.
-ability to sort games in folders

its great to see updates to the system so early. I hope they improve the UI with the following in a future software update:

-Media support for music, videos, and photos like on ps3.

-Adobe flash support on the web browser

-friends coming online notification

-Give ps4 a sortable download list

-Bring back avatar support in the ps4's psn store

-ability to customize the background for the UI to something other than the bland blue look.

-ability to sort games in folders

Don't expect to see Flash support in the Web browser as Flash is a major security risk + html5 is a better choice 

• Like 1

Don't expect to see Flash support in the Web browser as Flash is a major security risk + html5 is a better choice 

oh, is see dang. Howfully more sites will make it easier to have my ps4 default the website videos to html5. Because most video streaming sites i go to keep showing the 'Flash not detected' error and make me click the html5 link every time i go to a new video, which is annoying.