Looking to add platinums to my trophy list

Exile_Brainiac

By the end of the year I want to have 10+ platinums on my account, but I'm unsure what I want to add. despite my account claiming 8 platinums, I don't count one as it was received just as a meme between friends (being slyde).I am going for miles morales at the moment, but I'm wondering on any recommendations from the games in my library at the moment. I'd also like to stray away from the multitude of lego games, and have a more challenging option over a quick and easy 

Edited by Exile_Brainiac
  • Like 1

Why don't you start by getting the platinums for Miles Morales and Concrete Genie since you're so close to both? Following that, you've got a lot of good games on your list that aren't finished. Minecraft and Rocket League are both games I've completed recently. While the 100% can be annoying for both, the platinum trophies for those two games are easy and don't take too much time. Then you have a bunch of great single player games you could complete that have adjustable difficulty to possibly give you the challenge you want. Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, and Persona 5 are just a few examples. That's seven platinum trophies that could all be done by year's end.

• Like 1

You've got a great answer from kindajustin above. I'd add that you should remove all those 'F's' from your profile to give you a more accurate completion percentage. Then make a spreadsheet of your uncompleted games with how many trophies are unearned for each game. You can then keep a record of your progress as you try to earn more plats and improve your completion percentage. You're a 'butterfly gamer' - you flit from game to game without completing them! You might find trying to improve your completion %age really enjoyable as it forces you to stick with a game and really play through it before moving on to the next one!! 

Anyway, good luck! wishing you well in your project. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exile_Brainiac said:

By the end of the year I want to have 10+ platinums on my account, but I'm unsure what I want to add. despite my account claiming 8 platinums, I don't count one as it was received just as a meme between friends (being slyde).I am going for miles morales at the moment, but I'm wondering on any recommendations from the games in my library at the moment. I'd also like to stray away from the multitude of lego games, and have a more challenging option over a quick and easy 

Well, you have Prey on there, and that is hands down one one my personal favourites - both favourite games, and favourite platinums - so I have to recommend that one - it's the law ?

Aside from that, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us Remastered, Shadow of the Colossus, the Final Fantasy VII Remake and the Uncharted games are all great games, with meaty, but not outrageously difficult or grind-heavy platinums that always look great on a profile.

I'd also add that Cuphead is a nice 'Prestige' Platinum - considered a very difficult one, but maybe a little easier than it gets credit for - tough, but very much 'learnable' and a good personally challenge to beat. 

Good luck ☺️

26 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I'd add that you should remove all those 'F's' from your profile to give you a more accurate completion percentage.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I believe F-Ranks (i.e. 0% games) are not factored into the completion percentage of a profile anyways.

I'm not 100% sure, but I could swear I remember that being the case.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I believe F-Ranks (i.e. 0% games) are not factored into the completion percentage of a profile anyways.

This is correct - 0% are not used in the calculation.... though on that note, I suggest removing the PS3 version of TLOU simply because the online is gone and so it the DLC on the EU store, plus you have remastered version anyway.

As others have said, Horizon is a very good game, a lot of fun, and straight forward to plat so it's a big recommendation. The Crash Bandicoot games and Unravel are also ones I suggest doing, moderately challenging platformers that are very enjoyable (if a little frustrating at certain points), plus none of them are overly long.

Stick of Truth looks like it would need another playthrough, but I don't imagine you'd have any issues with it since you've done most of it already. And on the subject of RPGs, Persona 5 is a great one and worth playing, but it is a pretty long time commitment (I finished it in around 150 hours)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You are correct here and they don't even count towards the total number of unearned trophies.  All they are good for is making it easy for people to see what you own for making recommendations.

As far as my own recommendations, I'd actually recommend Persona 5.  It's not a truly hard plat, but it's long enough that it's still pretty respectable.  It's around 100 hours in total, but a lot depends on how much, if anything you miss on your first run.  The original FF7 and most of the Kingdom Hearts games are also solid picks and you have the PS4 version of KH1 so you at least don't need three playthroughs for that plat.

Also keep in mind that your 10th plat is going to be a milestone, so you'll want to pick something for that one that you also don't mind being on your profile forever.  What you pick is up to you and people have differences in what they choose to be milestones but most commonly it will be plats they find challenging, games they especially love, or stuff they are especially proud of.  Definitely want to keep that milestone in mind if you have any preferences for what it should be.

Looking at your games, Sonic forces is a relatively quick plat under 20 hours and isn't that hard either. Ratchet and Clank on PS4 is easy. 

Kingdom Hearts 3 has a few annoying mini game related trophies but the game is very doable in about 50 hours to platinum. I recommend may that game, I found the plat one of the easiest of the KH games. Other than MoM, The other KH games you have on your list are much more challenging and time consuming, so I'd only attempt them if you are good at KH and can play on proud and critical modes. KH Melody of memory might be a good one to attempt if you are good at rhythm games as it's relatively straightforward. 

FF7 remake: most of the trophies are fine, but the pull up trophy and beating the game on hard mode are kind of tough. The original FFVII on your list is very easy and much quicker to platinum. 

FFXV is super easy to platinum, takes 50 hours to do and no grindy trophies other than maybe the fishing. 

Persona 5 is a very easy platinum but very long, like 120+ hours. It is a good game that requires a bit of precision as well as patience. 

I looked at your profile and this is what I recommend (not in order):

BioShock Remastered and BioShock Infinite because they’re great games and they have fairly easy platinums. I’d skip BioShock 2 (if you have it), I personally hated that one and dropped it.

Minecraft Story Mode I never played it but the platinum is easy and story games are always fun and relaxing! This would be great to play after having played some tougher games. 

Fallout 4 if you’re into RPG’s and can play it first without worrying all too much about the trophies. The platinum trophy either requires you to make a backup save a few times or you have to play it a few times. It can be annoying and a very slow progress if you dislike the game and/or didn’t follow the trophy guide. But it’s a great game. Would only go for the plat if you really like it.

Titanfall 2 fun and easy game even on the highest difficulty. The only trophy that is somewhat difficult (but trust me it’s doable) is completing some time trial. There is a whole forum about it on PSNP, providing many videos how to do the course. I did it in maybe 15-20 tries; others more, others less.

Horizon Zero Dawn AMAZING EXPERIENCE! Super fun game and easy platinum, can play the game without worrying about missable trophies.

Resident Evil 7 great horror game, if I could platinum a RE game, then you sure can! :D

The Forest awesome survival game on land where you can be eaten by cannibals. You crashed and lost your son, your objective is finding him and discovering the secrets of the forest. Great exploration in caves! Can be played with friends.

Batman The Telltale Series can’t go wrong with Telltale. Great games and easy, no effort platinum.

Subnautica One of my favourite games and obtained platinums! You crash on a planet filled with water. It’s a survival game entirely under water. In order to progress in the game, you have to explore, dive deeper, find materials and make better equipment. Very intense survival game and amazing experience. The trophy list feels rewarding!

Edited by LoveInHell

On 4/28/2021 at 7:25 AM, Exile_Brainiac said:

From looking at your list, I would deeply consider going back and finishing all of the Uncharted Remastered games that you started. Those are a lot of fun and real easy to Platinum. If you get stuck on some of the Crushing difficulty, you can always watch a video for it. There is a guy who goes through and beats it on Brutal. His videos and strategy make Crushing very easy. 

As mentioned, you should definitely finish Fallout. That is one of the best games out there. Bethesda knows how to make a good game. In fact, I just went back to play it again not to long ago just for the fun of it. Hopefully it holds me off until they release another one. 

Just a side note, take it with a grain of salt. Stay away from the Rata games. They are toxic to any trophy list. It is fine if you play one or two that you are interested in because they looks fun. But, the last thing you want to do is flood your trophy list with stackable Rata games. As soon as you do, that is all anyone will see.