Black ops 3 - Personal Decorator Questions

Hello,

I hope this is the correct spot on the forum to post these questions. Apologies in advance if not.

I have just completed the black ops 3 campaign on realistic and am now attempting the veteran runs with no checkpoints (Immortal fame decoration) and the no death runs (Untouched accolade).

I feel I have researched quite heavily on the topic in terms of the requirements for each task/ accolade but some things are still unclear to me.

The veteran run with no check points is called the "Immortal fame" decoration. This has no accolade in the mission menus so you cannot tell what missions you have done this run on so it must be tracked independently, is this correct?

I just completed mission one on veteran and was fortunate enough to not die/ go down (revive)/ checkpoint, so once complete I received in the end game menu a slot for the "untouched accolade" and a slot for the "immortal fame". 

I did the exact same for mission 2 except I did go down once and had to use a self revive but I never died. When I finished the mission I received the "untouched accolade" (which all the information online says if you go down you will not receive) but I didn't receive the slot for "immortal fame" even though I didn't use a checkpoint at all. 

Does it sometimes just not show the immortal fame slot even though you still achieved it. I have checked and I am still online/ using online save so its not that.

If anyone can give me any concrete information on how this works and why I might not of gotten immortal fame on mission 2 it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

16 hours ago, Skills_Keyblade said:

Hello,

I hope this is the correct spot on the forum to post these questions. Apologies in advance if not.

I have just completed the black ops 3 campaign on realistic and am now attempting the veteran runs with no checkpoints (Immortal fame decoration) and the no death runs (Untouched accolade).

I feel I have researched quite heavily on the topic in terms of the requirements for each task/ accolade but some things are still unclear to me.

The veteran run with no check points is called the "Immortal fame" decoration. This has no accolade in the mission menus so you cannot tell what missions you have done this run on so it must be tracked independently, is this correct?

I just completed mission one on veteran and was fortunate enough to not die/ go down (revive)/ checkpoint, so once complete I received in the end game menu a slot for the "untouched accolade" and a slot for the "immortal fame". 

I did the exact same for mission 2 except I did go down once and had to use a self revive but I never died. When I finished the mission I received the "untouched accolade" (which all the information online says if you go down you will not receive) but I didn't receive the slot for "immortal fame" even though I didn't use a checkpoint at all. 

Does it sometimes just not show the immortal fame slot even though you still achieved it. I have checked and I am still online/ using online save so its not that.

If anyone can give me any concrete information on how this works and why I might not of gotten immortal fame on mission 2 it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

From what I can understand,  you are asking if there's a way to track the veteran run without dying? And yes the alcolade would pop up. The guide online is pretty shitty it says you can't go down but I did it almost a year ago on my other account with a friend and we used emergency reserve and both got the decoration with no issue. You can go down (atleast in coop from experience) and still get the alcolade. I don't know about solo but I'd assume you'd be fine. Just make sure the alcolade pops up in the end and check your progress towards it and you'll be alright. I had a issue where the calling card for doing all the decorations popped early but no trophies so make sure you still manually check whatever you have left. In my case I had a few more kills to do with Cybercore kinetic abilities I think it was. It didn't harm my platinum I just had to fully do that requirement and everything popped afterwards. Hope this helps and happy hunting!

• Like 1

Hello Gazmirr

Thank you for the response!

I just completed mission 3 and the only thing that showed at the end of the screen was untouched. Nothing about immortal fame :(, no checkpoints used or any deaths. 

This is worrying to me, I hope the game is registering the levels as completed on veteran without checkpoints as well, perhaps it just doesn't show it at the end of the screen?

It's just sad because mission 1 it showed immortal fame and untouched being complete at the end.

The thing I hate more then online trophies, GLITCHY trophies!!!

Edited by Skills_Keyblade
is it confirmed you can use tac-rig in solo veteran runs?

On 29/04/2021 at 8:31 AM, Skills_Keyblade said:

Hello Gazmirr

Thank you for the response!

I just completed mission 3 and the only thing that showed at the end of the screen was untouched. Nothing about immortal fame :(, no checkpoints used or any deaths. 

This is worrying to me, I hope the game is registering the levels as completed on veteran without checkpoints as well, perhaps it just doesn't show it at the end of the screen?

It's just sad because mission 1 it showed immortal fame and untouched being complete at the end.

The thing I hate more then online trophies, GLITCHY trophies!!!

It's been while since I played it but I think this is how it worked for me (I did it solo btw so we're in the same boat so to speak);

You can use Tac-Rig, at least I did and still got the Decoration. The main decoration you want ("Immortal Fame") only requires you to beat each level on Vet without restarting from a checkpoint - Tac-Rig doesn't count as restarting from checkpoints. 

You won't see the Immortal Fame Accolade pop up until you've completed every mission without restarting from a checkpoint. So when you complete a mission you won't know for sure whether you actually completed that mission for Immortal Fame, you just have to hope. Just write down the ones you know you 100% did. When you complete the final mission it will pop up with the Accolade. 

Side Note: You can regain your Tac-Rig Self-Revive by using the crates that allow you to choose a class mid-level.  

Good luck :)