Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parker

Standby or Off?

Standby or Off?   128 members have voted

1. 1. Standby or Off?

• Standby
    • Off

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Like the title says, when you're done playing your PS4 do you turn the system all the way off or do you leave it in standby mode? 

I leave mine on standby, usually to charge my controller and headset. 

Parker

Off if not going to be playing for a long while (over 24 hours)... otherwise standby

When I take a 15 min break, grab a bite to eat, etc. I might put it in standby mode, but typically I just shut it off.

It depends. 

If I have low battery on the controller I'll leave the system on standby overnight to load the controller (With a disgusting yellow light that lights up my room like it's a night light or something) but otherwise I'll turn the system off. 

I noticed the controller battery lasts me around two days, so I turn the system off one day and leave it on standby the next.

Standby for the 1st few days but now I am focusing on some PS3 games so I just shut it down.

Edited by Paulie1313

Standby on days/nights I intend to play for extended time or off an on for a while.
Off for most of the time, nights - days I work - days I'm goin out.

Probably a 20%-80% split

I'll leave mine on standby throughout the day and when I am done playing for the night I turn it off.

Standby for the little updates / charging controller / maybe even download something while Im away from home. Only advantage I see of having it off is saving energy nothing else.

I haven't got mine yet but I'll be turning it off, unless it's downloading something.

:)

Id most provbs switch mine off too if I had one, on another note have you not tried using the tv's usb to charge the controllers considering 9/10 the tv will be used more than the console, thats what I normally do with my ps3 stuff.

I put it in standby mode when I'm downloading something. Otherwise, I just turn it off. I already have something for charging my PS4 control pads.

I just set it to standby mode right now.  Does it still do automatic updates / downloads when turned completely off like the PS3?

It's always in stand-by, as I play from my Vita at work all the time.

I just set it to standby mode right now.  Does it still do automatic updates / downloads when turned completely off like the PS3?

It will automatically update in standby mode but I don't believe it does if you turn it off. 

Parker

I have slightly unreliable electricity, so I turn it off for fear of a power surge or cutout.  It says not to remove the power cord while it's in standby, so I'm afraid it could be damaged if my power cuts out when it's in that mode.

I'm probably going to switch it off unless i'm downloading something or charging the controller .

I will be keeping it in standby mode, unless I will be away for awhile, or playing a PS3 game that will take awhile.

And the automatic updates and sync from plus? Are they still there?

Off, can't afford to leave it standby 24/7. And even if I could, I wouldn't. That would be a huge waste.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Typically standby for me.

i've never used standby i just charge the controller when im playing although cable is a bit short so i need to be close to telly but find the battery lasts a long time on the controllers and only charge it 1 or twice a week l also rotate the controllers so i charge one while using the other so my answer is no but of course when i start downloading big files on the ps4 i'll use standby until all downloads are complete

I leave mine in Standby too as i think i read something about the console updating it's self even when in Standby Mode.  Plus if I'm out and a friend tells me a DLC has been released i can download it from my phone so it will already be on the PS4 for when i get home, so that is cool :)