Parker

Standby or Off?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Standby or Off?

• Standby
    • Off

Always off, never even touched the standby option :P

there is standby mode on ps3 D:?

No sorry, got distracted whilst posting and didn't describe correctly. I usually remove the plug for my ps4 so it's off completely. But I always leave my ps3's plugged in so the red light is still on. 'standby' :P So that the auto update from plus can happen etc.

As others have already said: Turned Off. Unless downloading or taking a brief break to watch a movie, head out for a bit, or etc I would then leave it on standby. Downloads can be set to download on standby, afterwards an auto off feature can be enabled.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the sane as me....I like that updates and downloads are done in the background....no waiting when it's game time.

One of my favorite features of the ps world is the ability to browse and buy games on my phone and have them waiting for me when I boot up.

I leave mine in Standby too as i think i read something about the console updating it's self even when in Standby Mode. Plus if I'm out and a friend tells me a DLC has been released i can download it from my phone so it will already be on the PS4 for when i get home, so that is cool :)

Just realized that with my ps4 in Standby, every time I launch the playstation app on my phone (while at home) it wakes up my ps4??

Just realized that with my ps4 in Standby, every time I launch the playstation app on my phone it wakes up my ps4??

Edited by IVIR_Clark

• 3 weeks later...

I usually turn it off, for many reasons.
1st being that my house is old and with the cloth wiring leaves more risk for fires, shorts, etc. i have a nice surge protector but why risk it? i also have noticed there is very little difference between the standby and off option when it comes to getting back up and running.
2nd i have a charge station for the controller so i just drop it in and go off about my business.

• 2 weeks later...