Mafia III Definitive Edition - trophies

Bykovsky7

Hello everyone.

I purchased a physical collective edition of Mafia Trilogy a couple of months ago - it looks really nice and tidy. 
I've earned platinum trophies in Mafia 1 and 2 already, so now I'm about to start trophy hunting Mafia 3.

I've read a lot about this game and I'm afraid about potential glitches, especially with two trophies related to the racked bosses.
Please can anyone confirm whether these trophies are still glitched or perhaps the developers have addressed these? 

The next tthing is the optimal roadmap - what shall I focus on during my first playthrough? 

Thanks, guys.

Edited by Bykovsky7

This mega thread is probably the most important one to read and keep in mind before you start playing. Many of the game-spanning trophies are unpredictable, glitchy and poorly optimised. People have found ways to get around most of the issues, because the developer & publisher clearly don't give a shit sadly.

If the latest version of the game is still 1.12 then it's glitched (and will likely never be fixed). There's a pretty detailed thread somewhere about downgrading to 1.09 which was the last working version to get the trophies (pretty sure this is doable with the physical disc). There's also this video - https://vimeo.com/494405897

It seems daunting but it isn't. Save yourself the headache and make sure you're playing on 1.09. The game is decent and there's no point trying to manage on 1.12 and inevitably hating the game when one of the trophies bugs on you. This is coming from someone who didn't do enough research beforehand and played on 1.12 making it so I had to do 3 full runs.

In terms of what to focus on in the first playthrough, get to the part early on where you learn to wiretap, and then go around and wiretap absolutely everywhere on the map (without progressing the story) then make a backup save to a USB. Then spare every informant and every racket boss, do every side mission, finish the game with all three of your underboss pals alive. Reload the save from your USB and kill everything that moves including two of your underbosses. I won't go into the details of all that here but it's all relatively straightforward once you're playing!

Good luck :)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This mega thread is probably the most important one to read and keep in mind before you start playing. Many of the game-spanning trophies are unpredictable, glitchy and poorly optimised. People have found ways to get around most of the issues, because the developer & publisher clearly don't give a shit sadly.

Thanks for linking another thread. I just wanted to focus on Definitive Editon here in this topic - I was hoping there is no need for playing with downgrading this game to the previous versions etc... 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday evening I wiretapped and flipped the very last racket boss (16 in total) and no trophy popped up. I've been following Lincoln's journal through the game (all 16 racket bosses are mentioned there as Lincoln decided to keep them alive) and I have ticked all bosses on my list just to prevent missing anything. We live in 2021 and bloody things like this shouldn't be happening... releasing a Definitive Edition of a game with no bugs fixed. Shame 2K...
PS-App-20210506-100234.jpg
IMG-20210506-230336.jpg

Yes another trophy is bugged for me in Mafia 3 Definitive Edition... "Family" didn't pop up once I assigned all the districts equally to everyone (3 to Vito, 3 to Cassandra and 3 to Burke), completed their side missions (unlocked 3 different trophies for side missions) and shipment tasks for their guys (there is 2/2 completed tasks for all three of them). All related trophies popped up, but no "Family" trophy.

I need to downgrade the game to version 1.09 somehow...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First playthrough, flipped all rackets and trust level with all bosses. 

Trophies that didn't pop : Baby,you're Rich Man (well over 800k), Family (all boss missions have been done) and The New Boss (all racket bosses haven been flipped). It's a real shame of the gliched trophies. Don't think I have it in me to do another 2 playthroughs.

Edited by GoryGreg

30 minutes ago, GoryGreg said:

First playthrough, flipped all rackets and trust level with all bosses. 

Trophies that didn't pop : Baby,you're Rich Man (well over 800k), Family (all boss missions have been done) and The New Boss (all racket bosses haven been flipped). It's a real shame of the gliched trophies. Don't think I have it in me to do another 2 playthroughs.

That's very unfortunate. What patch version did you install?

On 28/4/2021 at 3:58 PM, Bykovsky7 said:

Thanks for linking another thread. I just wanted to focus on Definitive Editon here in this topic - I was hoping there is no need for playing with downgrading this game to the previous versions etc... 

Unfortunately no, version 1.09 it's the only sure way to get the platinum without issues. 

Save yourself the hassle and downgrade the game to that version, it's not that complicated. 

1 minute ago, GoryGreg said:

Playing the digital version.. I've seen posts about downgrading but it seems like a a hustle!

Latest update AKA patch 1.12 is buggy for base game trophies, but it is fine for DLC trophies.

Your best bet for earning the platinum trophy is to install patch 1.09. :)

3 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Latest update AKA patch 1.12 is buggy for base game trophies, but it is fine for DLC trophies.

Your best bet for earning the platinum trophy is to install patch 1.09. :)

With Charles? But even with 1.09 I'd have to restart the campaign?

21 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

Unfortunately no, version 1.09 it's the only sure way to get the platinum without issues. 

Save yourself the hassle and downgrade the game to that version, it's not that complicated. 

That's exactly what I did and obtained the platinum trophy on 19th May 2021. Now I have 100% trophies in all three Mafia games. 

Thanks anyway! Cheers.

• Like 1