Last of us 3 story outline has been written

Thephoenixshow

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm going to jump in here real quick...

...say that I'm happy they are thinking about this...

...that I'm sure, based on recent history, that they will only go forward with a game when they have something worth saying...

...and that whatever TLoU3 turns out to be, I'm sure it will almost certainly be great.

Now, I'm gonna jump back out, before this thread turns into the shit-show that we all know it's inevitably going to.

262e.png

same...enjoyed both games, both stories... even played thru TLoU2...3 times

and I'm out....

6 minutes ago, EIdain said:

Would much rather they went on to a new IP next (or after Factions if that's still a thing). I felt like part 2 concluded Joel & Ellie's story, not really interested in playing a game about Abby.

I'm the opposite here. Was gutted Joel was taken out early doors and Ellie's character and story bored/annoyed me, whereas with Abby, her storyline and character I really enjoyed more and like the game itself, was more invested in the 2nd half with her of what was a fantastic game.

Agree though, would love a new IP for sure.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Is it weird that I kind of want a Joel prequel with Tess as mercenaries? There's so many interesting nuggets about Joel's past that was never explored...

What would it be called though? A Few More of UsNot Quite the Last of UsUs?

Hat tip to Sacred Symbols... xD 

• Like 2

1st one amazing, 2nd one why, 3rd one let it die. I was really disappointed with last of us 2 how a game that had a strong beginning story, journey, characters, exploration, was great but the 2nd just destroyed it all. It contradicts a lot of things in the 1st one. I’m not hype for last of us 3 I sure as hell ant gonna get it at release cause I felt half of the 2nd game was ok. But hey not all games are ment for everyone to enjoy 

• Like 3

I'd hope to see some more gameplay updates in any TLoU3. Adding the ability to go prone isn't going to cut it next time. 

As for the story, I'd hope that it wasn't so on-the-nose again. The first one was good because the characters were great and nuanced and the morality of the ending was ambiguous. There are theses written on whether or not Joel's actions were morally justifiable. The second one came nowhere near these heights; it left you no room for interpretation of the story or the morality of the characters involved.  

Edited by StrickenBiged
repeated word
  • Like 2