Last of us 3 story outline has been written

Thephoenixshow

There's been all of this talk about a TLOU1 remake and now apparently TLOU3 already has its story written, but do they still have nothing to share about the next Factions MP?

I know things have been tough this last year, no doubt with everything going on, but its not like it was COVID that delayed the MP in the first place...

3 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

There's been all of this talk about a TLOU1 remake and now apparently TLOU3 already has its story written, but do they still have nothing to share about the next Factions MP?

I know things have been tough this last year, no doubt with everything going on, but its not like it was COVID that delayed the MP in the first place...

They are probably looking into ideas on how to repackage tLoU2 with Factions included. Remember this post, lol.

7 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

They are probably looking into ideas on how to repackage tLoU2 with Factions included. Remember this post, lol.

I hope we at least hear something about it this year. Wouldn't even mind if it was a standalone game at this point tbh.

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

There is no probably. They will definitely release a complete/GOTY edition with both 2 and Factions. Which will be a surprise to no one. 

Will they donate the unsold copies to Neil Druckmann then? To keep around that awards shelf?

What I meant was they will issue a code for Factions and bundle it with vanilla tLoU2. That's what my "probably" (and repackage) was about.

Edited by VegaMan-X4

46 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Will they donate the unsold copies to Neil Druckmann then?

All the unsold copies belong to retailers now, Naughty Dog doesn’t just keep printing discs once a game comes out. Retailers place orders for how many copies they want and then that many are printed up and shipped.

46 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

What I meant was they will issue a code for Factions and bundle it with vanilla tLoU2. That's what my "probably" (and repackage) was about.

There is no “repackage” with existing copies unless a retailer opens some of their TLOU2 boxes and slips a code in there. What happens is Naughty Dog coordinates for a brand new SKU to be available for retailers to buy from them and the cycle starts over again. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

All the unsold copies belong to retailers now, Naughty Dog doesn’t just keep printing discs once a game comes out. Retailers place orders for how many copies they want and then that many are printed up and shipped.

There is no “repackage” with existing copies unless a retailer opens some of their TLOU2 boxes and slips a code in there. What happens is Naughty Dog coordinates for a brand new SKU to be available for retailers to buy from them and the cycle starts over again. 

Never heard of unsold copies being returned to a publisher?

No repackage, huh? Pretty sure SFV (and a bunch of japanese releases) is looking at you funny.

18 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Never heard of unsold copies being returned to a publisher?

That’s not a common occurrence with most video games, and is negotiated at a title level. They’ll just get marked down to move through inventory faster. 

19 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

No repackage, huh? Pretty sure SFV (and a bunch of japanese releases) is looking at you funny.

You’re using the word “repackage”, but in the example you used, they just reprinted the original disc in a new run. They didn’t actually pull inventory, open and place a code inside, then re-wrap unsold discs. I guess you could spin that as a repackage. 

• 1 year later...