Your Very First Manga/Anime?

-Dark Mark-

• 5 weeks later...

Fruits Basket ? ?

I was probably 13 or 14 at the time. I would visit the local library every other week hoping someone returned one of twenty something ‘manga book things’ so I could borrow it. I was also forced to skip some of storyline because someone stole a few of the manga books.

Because the library also rotated stock and updated the catalogue I begged the librarians with a note in the suggestion box to buy the early 2000’s version of the show. I didn’t know that my dad had ordered it for me at a shop called Sanity. I felt so guilty when the library picked my note and I was first on the list to borrow it. A distant relative who worked there at the time reassured me that it was really popular and that others were lined up to borrow it after my time was up.

Since then I’ve watched stuff like One Piece, Vampire Knight, Death Note, Ouran Koukou Host Club, K-On! and the newer version of Fruits Basket of course.

• Like 1

I'm not big into anime or manga (IRL I only have my best friend from high school and they're a big weeb haha) but it's not like I don't have a first.

Well, my dad played episodes of Astro Boy and Speed Racer to me when I was a real youngin' and my mind back then thought both were pretty cool. Can't say for sure which one I laid my eyes on first, all I know is that my first anime was one of the two and that both IPs recieved mediocre film adaptations during the late 2000s.

Edited by Dry

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure it was dragon ball Z . Grew up on toonami. 

Used to love anime growing up but I’ve been struggling to get back into it which is sad but some stuff can be frustrating (which apples to video games too ) . Hopefully I’ll go back and watch more chainsaw man and spy X family .

• 2 weeks later...