lonny2001

ALERT! Community Events are back!

61 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, loy2420 said:

Hey. How can I join to race in on demand community event ?! Currently running, on demand event needs McLaren F1 and I dont have that car, is that why I am not able to participate in the race ?

Yeah , you need to buy the the limited cars DLC to get in .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, loy2420 said:

Hey. How can I join to race in on demand community event ?! Currently running, on demand event needs McLaren F1 and I dont have that car, is that why I am not able to participate in the race ?


Yes, you are missing the required DLC.

You either buy the Car or wait for another event next week.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Limited car dlc is needed in the current community event.

Edited by xXBurniXx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 22/08/2021 at 10:51 AM, xIRockyRock said:

At least 20, but I can’t give the exact number because I did a bunch on game release and now years later, I completed 15.

 

If someone has 20 and the trophy bugged for him, he could try checking old records, how I did.

 

Did you wait and hit Square after every trophy time to make sure you were on the leaderboard?

 

That's been mentioned before as a way to confirm times were entered.

 

Edit: The new event isn't working for me either gonna try redownloading the dlc, it may be a license issue happening if anyone else owns the dlc. Btw like with Driveclub and it's dlc not everything is under the main game page. To check if own the Limited Cars dlc just type "Limited Cars" into search on PSN store click the limited edition upgrade pack, of you own it it will say Download Now.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.8.2021 at 1:52 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Did you wait and hit Square after every trophy time to make sure you were on the leaderboard?

 

That's been mentioned before as a way to confirm times were entered.

 

Edit: The new event isn't working for me either gonna try redownloading the dlc, it may be a license issue happening if anyone else owns the dlc. Btw like with Driveclub and it's dlc not everything is under the main game page. To check if own the Limited Cars dlc just type "Limited Cars" into search on PSN store click the limited edition upgrade pack, of you own it it will say Download Now.


After every race I waited for 15 minutes until I appeared in the leaderboard before I closed the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:


After every race I waited for 15 minutes until I appeared in the leaderboard before I closed the game.

Yeah it takes a very long time sometimes for the leaderboard results to update. I believe the reason it takes so long because in the background it's probably uploading the ghost from the race.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23-8-2021 at 10:07 AM, loy2420 said:

Hey. How can I join to race in on demand community event ?! Currently running, on demand event needs McLaren F1 and I dont have that car, is that why I am not able to participate in the race ?

It is included in a DLC, the event is now over so no need buying the DLC for now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I am just starting this game now are there ongoing events? And enough to obtain the platinum? Or are we at a wait and see moment?

Edited by ness1216
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ness1216 said:

So if I am just starting this game now are there ongoing events? And enough to obtain the platinum? Or are we at a wait and see moment?

Nobody knows except the developers maybe there will be maybe not .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are only around 4-5 events left, with the last one having a title along the lines of "Final" something something. You may be out of luck.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

 

I'm used to reading this forum and many trophies guide for a long time and I'm finally posting :D !

 

So good news because I'm on my way to get the platinum of Project Cars, new events just have been added today! They were just 79 events yesterday and like 3 left, then they added 53 events, so the trophy Community Ambassador is still obtainable! Guys you should start doing it as soon as possible :). So the progression is right now 55 events on 111 events in total.

 

I just did like 6 events so far, so still, 14 events to do in the community events :)

 

This game is really excellent, the career mode is great even if it's the same invitation events every season (if you already win them), the graphics are still decent for a game from 2015, the rain effects are nice and the gameplay is so pleasant and great (many different views to play, the sensation of driving with the wheel is great and obviously, many settings for the car and the wheel). 

 

I have the GOTY edition so I have plenty of cars and circuits that's why is amazing. I just played before Assetto Corsa and I really prefer Project Cars but I guess Assetto Corsa Competizione looks better than the first game. Looking forward to playing on PS5 when the next-gen patch will be release next year. And one more thing, I'm especially waiting for GT7 because I'm a big fan of this franchise. 

Enjoy playing on Project Cars 😎

 

Edited by Mystic_Snake
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

With the new events added, I can’t find most of my times anymore on previous events… it says I haven’t set a time on the leaderboards even though I did the last 18 events. I can only find 5 of my times back. I hope this is not going to mess up my trophy that has been in the works for the last 18 weeks.

 

Edited by neospoon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, neospoon said:

With the new events added, I can’t find most of my times anymore on previous events… it says I haven’t set a time on the leaderboards even though I did the last 18 events. I can only find 5 of my times back. I hope this is not going to mess up my trophy that has been in the works for the last 18 weeks.

 

 

The events you already have done will still count as I had the same happen last week & I still got the trophy when refreshing the leaderboards the last time I played it. I was wondering if the ones I did would count since I couldn't see a few of the events I did so I did the last one I needed then went through refreshing the leaderboards & got it so you'll get it as well. It also looks like the trophy will be fine for a long time anyway so that's good for anyone who still hasn't played the game.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

 

The events you already have done will still count as I had the same happen last week & I still got the trophy when refreshing the leaderboards the last time I played it. I was wondering if the ones I did would count since I couldn't see a few of the events I did so I did the last one I needed then went through refreshing the leaderboards & got it so you'll get it as well. It also looks like the trophy will be fine for a long time anyway so that's good for anyone who still hasn't played the game.


That's somewhat of a relief. Let's hope this works out. I only have 2 events left. It's good to know they added 50+ events, but I don't think I can do another 14/15 weeks after spending 18 already :P Guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, neospoon said:


That's somewhat of a relief. Let's hope this works out. I only have 2 events left. It's good to know they added 50+ events, but I don't think I can do another 14/15 weeks after spending 18 already :P Guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

 

Yeah I would've been really pissed off if I didn't get it but it should be fine & at least there's more for anyone who still is yet to start it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I have to inform you guys, that i cannot pop the trophy, altough I completed my 20th event this week. It seems all progress before event 50 is lost. 
I went through all of the leaderbords multiple times in multiple sessions and did not get the trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Sadly I have to inform you guys, that i cannot pop the trophy, altough I completed my 20th event this week. It seems all progress before event 50 is lost. 
I went through all of the leaderbords multiple times in multiple sessions and did not get the trophy.

 

Oh damn that doesn't sound good so it must be from this week then if that's happening now. I guess we'll have to see if this happens with everyone else. I hope it works for you suddenly sometime as I know you started this around when I did.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Sadly I have to inform you guys, that i cannot pop the trophy, altough I completed my 20th event this week. It seems all progress before event 50 is lost. 
I went through all of the leaderbords multiple times in multiple sessions and did not get the trophy.

 

You didn't pay enough attention to what those events are. Event 50 is titled "Winter Sun 2021 (II)". Event 49 is titled "The Emperors Festive Bonanza 2018 (II)". Seems like WMD cut off three years' worth of records to add the new ones. They could've rather cut from the beginning not the end if you ask me x)

 

Anyway everyone's progress is set back to count for only the last five weeks, because the other events don't exist anymore. Could go complain to WMD, but the trophy being finicky enough I dread to think what they'll break trying to fix it... Here's to another four months of work and hoping nothing else gets wiped while you're doing it 😓

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok I'm pissed that means my completed count has gone from 18 completed to 6 😡

 

Why didn't they just wipe the first and oldest 32 events if the needed room? Weird that they just gutted the middle races.

 

I will check in 2 weeks time as mine was scheduled to pop then. Otherwise it's another 3 months away.....

Edited by Shady_Wombat
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made a request on the official PC forums for clarification if this was SMS' intention and whether the event deletion is reversible. Supportive messages are fine but do not go spam hostilities, the moderator is not an employee of SMS and can do nothing about what and if they answer.

Here's hoping we can raise awareness the update is rather a disservice to those who are actually currently playing the game...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I love how they still care about this community in 2021, they saved my plat for this game

Edited by MagyarMaci
Accidentally submitted it early.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently how much time do I have to get 20 events? Let's say if I would start to play in 1 month would I still have enough time to do 20 events? I wanted to buy the game during the last sale but saw that there aren't enough events to get the trophy so I didn't buy it. Now that the trophy is achievable I really want to buy it and hoping that it's going to be on sale soon. 😅

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doma8800 said:

Currently how much time do I have to get 20 events? Let's say if I would start to play in 1 month would I still have enough time to do 20 events? I wanted to buy the game during the last sale but saw that there aren't enough events to get the trophy so I didn't buy it. Now that the trophy is achievable I really want to buy it and hoping that it's going to be on sale soon. 1f605.png

 

Each event is available once per week (on Friday) and it lasts for a couple of days. So 20 events are equal to 20 weeks so five months in all. So don't worry at all because there are now 56 events left so like 11 months so you can relax about starting in one month. But the weird thing is before they added more events, the counter was like for me 50/77 events. And they didn't wait until the last event to add more events so don't really understand. Maybe they just wanted to please us to be able to get the platinum or whatever. Thanks to the studio anyway :)

 

This game is great if you like racing games and I'm happy I could finally play it after so many years in my backlog. But will not bother to play PC2 and PC3 because the last one seems far away from the original gameplay and is really disappointed by the reviews and the second one, doesn't really know the feedbacks but I prefer to focus on Assetto Corsa Competizione and Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 :D!

 

So buy the game and immediately do the current event which might be available and keep tracking the events and the days. 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im gonna to be pissed off withthis because i lost 10 weeks constantly playing 1 race on every sunday,i hope they can rewind this or pop trophies for everyone who doing this for a long time

I wrote on project cars discord and discord mod said he is gonna ask sms if this change can be reverted.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Some of the events which I have played recently are still there. For example number 40 Catalan gp event Formula A. There is also one event like this. It was number 42 or 45 as far as i remember. I may be wrong.

And I do not have a valid time on leaderboards for this event. Last week I have checked all with square button and I used to have time for that event but now no.

Also I had the last 17 time events on leaderboards last week now I have the last 5 events only.

So many of them has gone to trash, void.

 

I need to participate in 14 events from now on.

I would earn that trophy on 18 October but now I will earn it on 10 January.

Edited by thesahinonur
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now