ALERT! Community Events are back!

lonny2001

Kinda feels bad as a late starter of the events (played a lot years back but never touched the events) to get another chance on this trophy on you guys' expense so to say...

I have a question tho, are most of the weekly events free for everyone with just the base game or do most of them require DLC's? I remember checking a few when I played this way back but couldn't figure out how to take part but guess they needed DLC's like someone said earlier in this thread. Also, are the "On Demand" events still playable when you scroll the events towards the start of the list? It doesn't say on those that the event is concluded so kinda puzzled how that works.

BIG FUCKIN UPDATE 

I WAS LIKE 17/20 before adding new racers i done today my 18/20 and Comminity Ambasador trophy pop as well as my Platinum after 5 months! Trophy poped after getting 1 lap and leaving to menu without leaderboard refresh!!!  So i wonder if they fixed this giving everyone who work hard on those races every week,im looking for your feedback if its true  https://files.fm/u/kakw78m4v

Edited by mati11120
  • Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, neospoon said:

With the new events added, I can’t find most of my times anymore on previous events… it says I haven’t set a time on the leaderboards even though I did the last 18 events. I can only find 5 of my times back. I hope this is not going to mess up my trophy that has been in the works for the last 18 weeks.

i was been in same boat like you and todayw after Finishing Community race trophy pop!

6 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

Today was my 20th race and it popped for me as well (even though I'm only seeing 7 of my times since they added new events and got rid of older ones). I'm guessing the number of races you've participated in are stored client side, thankfully! 1f605.png

Congratulations ^^  ? 

• Like 1

Same here it popped on the 20th race as it should have. The only thing I can add is that I was diligent in checking that my time was recorded on the leaderboard before closing down for the day. Sometimes you would have to go back in and do a few more laps until it showed up. Hopefully that will help somebody.

You have way more community events available to you and even if they do add new events and remove old ones they seem to count. So I wouldn't worry too much about the online portion being unachievable anytime soon.

The game itself is pretty good, I'm not a driving sim enthusiast (so I won't endorse whether it has realist driving mechanics etc), I just like to play driving games on occasion to break things up but I had fun with this game. I did find myself skipping the practice & qualifying laps through boredom but the platinum itself is very easy depending on where you set the AI speed and challenge.

I would recommend giving it a go or at least trying it on an alt account if you have one.

Edited by Shady_Wombat

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2021 at 11:18 AM, II--KAMAL--II said:

I didn't start this game yet , should I avoid it ??

I don't understand this question. If you love racing games, why should you avoid them :P ? I checked your PSN profile and you played a lot of racing games such as WRC, NFS, etc. You will certainly like Project Cars and the career mode is excellent! For me, you should give it a try, and honestly, this game has maybe one of the best career modes I've ever seen before. 

By the way guys, I finally got the platinum yesterday :) ! I already did 2 events before the developers updated all the community events and I got the trophy on the 69th event on 111 events in total. So I did 18 events after the update. Events that you did before and there are not in the list of the events still count. 

There are still 42 events available so you have a double chance to get the trophy because you "just" need to do 20 events. Good luck all of you :)

Edited by Mystic_Snake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually want to give this game a try after F1 2019 (possibly) but is it possible to not unlock a single trophy until I get Community Ambassador trophy (don't want to put this profile at risk and having an unobtainable platinum in the future)? Also, are the community events are weekly based or how does it works?

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/03/2022 at 6:48 PM, Flynnerigan said:

The current event is only available if you purchase the corresponding DLC. Plus, the next event isn't available for 12 days... Kind of annoying.

Actually I found something interesting that you can access to that event without even buying DLC at all (and I don't know if it's mentioned anywhere before). Speaking of Event #78, if you're fast enough to press left on the D-Pad very quickly after pressing Triangle at Event #79, the game will load that previous event for you. If you miss out Event #79, then it'll be impossible to return to/load Event #78 though. However the game is very bad at saving your lap times on Community Events, which can be quite stressful...

(Update: It doesn't seem like it registeres your time with this method (maybe since the event's closed), I was unable to see my time on Event #78 even I accessed the event twice)

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

It's good that you got a chance to attempt it at least. A big positive of community trophy hunting is when people attempt to figure out different strategies to make everyone's life easier.

I'm on my 20th event now this weekend. Best of luck to everyone else who still needs this.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

how many events are left i see it on sale rn

We're in 84th event out of 111 so there're 27 events left as of writing this (Event 83 will expire in like 16-17 so if you don't miss that event then you'll have 28 left to complete). The good thing is that only a single event is requiring a DLC and the rest are base game events (at least from my understanding) so you still have enough events to complete if you start now.