New DLC trophies have arrived

'Ello gamers.

I was looking at the developers' discord yesterday (invite link here) and it seems the PC versions just had these new achievements added:

None More Hard - Complete the Campaign on Nightmare Difficulty

Have you tried turning it off and on again? - Complete Terminal Error on any difficulty

The blighters got through a second time - Complete 12 Consecutive Waves And Escape From The Horde Map "Frozen In Fear"

Nothing super unexpected here with the usual new campaign & horde maps, but this likely means another season pass is on the way.

Also, note that there hasn't been any trailers or news (despite having achievements the new content isn't even out on PC yet so it might be a week or two before we actually see the new content on PS4/ PS5).

I assume Nightmare difficulty will be harder than the existing Brutal (which removes your HUD and only lets you revives teammates with a medkit), but so long as the glitch that only requires you to beat the last chapter of each level to 'beat the campaign' isn't fixed then it should be alright.

New information from this point onwards - the DLC trophies are now live!

Nightmare difficulty is FREE. From what I've been told in the Rebellion discord it's drastically harder and can only be played with a maximum of 2 players.

"Frozen In Fear" is a FREE horde map. Shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Terminal Error is a PAID campaign map, in the UK it's £5.79. I have to assume this is going to be the usual thing and have two more campaign levels eventually that get bundled up in a season pass.

Speaking of season passes, the new one is out and in the UK it's £28.99. I have a feeling there will be more campaign levels to go along with Terminal Error in the near future.

Edited by SquidGeneral10
Extra info.
  • Like 4

Even though I didn’t exactly love this game (even on Hard difficulty, I felt the gameplay was too easy and dull ?), I would be happy to play the campaign again on a higher difficulty, as long as there’s a trophy for it.

I like playing with other people and I got this game’s platinum and played the campaign for the last time a year ago, so, yeah, I wouldn’t mind playing it again for a trophy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

So that will potentially be 3 separate season passes total then? Doesn’t anybody else feel this is a bit ridiculous? I’ve never seen a game that was so greedy with its downloadable content. Even with the recent discounts during the sale, the 2 existing season passes amounted to nearly $50 CAD! This is looking like one game I’ll never bother cleaning up the 100%. 2639.png

The Devs confirmed before the game was even released, they would be doing multiple season passes over the next few years.

7 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is the first time I’ve seen a game with multiple season passes sold separately like this. I don’t know if there are many other games with the same business model, but I am not a big fan of this at all. It seems excessive, especially given the fact the DLC content itself offers very little in terms of new experiences or gameplay options.

Evolve, Borderlands 3, Cities: Skylines, Dead or Alive 5, Dead or Alive 6 and Dynasty Warriors 9 all have multiple Season Passes (8 in the case of DOA 5) so it's far from unusual or uncommon.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is the first time I’ve seen a game with multiple season passes sold separately like this. I don’t know if there are many other games with the same business model, but I am not a big fan of this at all. It seems excessive, especially given the fact the DLC content itself offers very little in terms of new experiences or gameplay options.

There's been a few others - Cities Skyline did a similar thing (though from what you are saying, it sounds like that games dlc's were markedly more substantial than these ones) and there have been some others, though I can't recall them off the top of my head.

In fairness, these are really the only games that are actually sticking to the genuine meaning of the term 'Season pass' - but granted, the term has been so commonly misused by other publishers, that the consumer expectation has been divorced from the actual meaning implied by the word 'Season' for a good long time!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Evolve, Borderlands 3, Dead or Alive 5, Dead or Alive 6 and Dynasty Warriors 9 all have multiple Season Passes (8 in the case of DOA 5) so it's far from unusual or uncommon.

Jesus, 8 different passes for DOA 5? ?

I sure this doesn’t become the norm in the future for more games. Once you’re in the realm of 2-3 season passes it’s practically like purchasing the entire game all over again! 

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In fairness, these are really the only games that are actually sticking to the genuine meaning of the term 'Season pass' - but granted, the term has been so commonly misused by other publishers, that the consumer expectation has been divorced from the actual meaning implied by the word 'Season' for a good long time!

Yes, technically you are right about this. ? But this misuse of the term caused it to evolve so long ago that it’s now become the standard to expect a “season pass” to grant access to all previous & future DLCs in most cases, typically for a few bucks less than you’d spend if you bought them all individually.

• Like 4

kinda of wish i didnt start it now because of all the passes, is the nightmare mode  part of the pass or can we do nightmare and still unlock trophy

Edited by lucky0ne16
  • Like 1

screw rebellion.  I can play sniper ghost warrior instead of sniper elite 5 too.  This game is boring repetitive trash to begin with.  now going into you wallet is getting repetitive too. Before I said i'd buy their shit 3 years after release for $5.00, now I aint buying it at all.  I finish this then i'm done and i've did all their games.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

screw rebellion.  I can play sniper ghost warrior instead of sniper elite 5 too.  This game is boring repetitive trash to begin with.  now going into you wallet is getting repetitive too. Before I said i'd buy their shit 3 years after release for $5.00, now I aint buying it at all.  I finish this then i'm done and i've did all their games.

i know right, its 35 usa money for me each pass, i liked the good o days when games were complete 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

kinda of wish i didnt start it no because of all the passes, is the nightmare mde  part of the pass or can we do nightmare and still unlock trophy

The new difficulty mode and all the horde maps are free.

I definitely don’t think you should let your completionist side speak louder when it comes to this game. The game isn’t that good and the DLC levels probably aren’t either.

If I ever complete this game’s trophy list, it will be years from now, when no one plays PS4 anymore and I can buy the season passes for 3€.

Edited by Carol
  • Like 1

Just now, Carol said:

The new difficulty mode and all the horde maps are free.

I definitely don’t think you should your completionist side speak louder when it comes to this game. The game isn’t that good and the DLC levels probably aren’t either.

If I ever complete this game’s trophy list, it will be years from now, when no one plays PS4 anymore and I can buy the season passes for 3€.

true, i did like the series, the mode seems to be easy since you can set it to easy while the enemy is set to the nightmare mode so this trophy could be pretty easy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trojbrown40 said:

$35 for season pass 3...what a joke. Without respect, we reject. Won't buy another game at launch from Rebellion ever again (Or Gearbox)

should be 10 or 15, 35 for 3 levels is crazy

Just so everybody is aware you cn buy the new maps of 7.99 each so it costs 24 for all 3 spread out over time.  if you have playstation plus or don't have the need to play it online you don't need to spend 35.00!  I'm not defending it this is one of the biggest piece of shit dlc concepts going and from a small company that i don't think can afford to piss off their limited fan base.  I'm just informing people that may not have realized it to save them money!

• Like 3

The DLC for this game is super overpriced, I liked the game itself enough just fine but all these stupid skins and cosmetic junk is just lame. If they ever did an all in one DLC pack, I will gladly pay $15 as I can get $15 of fun out of all the new horde maps. Hopefully they don't fix the thing where you just beat the last checkpoint of each mission with enemys set to 1 player to get credit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Anybody know were I can choose to change the difficulty to nightmare? I only have access to brutal. 

Nightmare is not on the difficulty setting, it is on the enemy setting (default, 1 player. 2 players, 3 players, 4 players and NIghtmare setup)

• Like 1