How long for Far Cry 2 online trophies

Ruviks_Soul

So I’m looking at the leaderboards for Far Cry 2 and see the top couple people have platinumed it in 5 days which seems insanely fast. With the possibility of servers closing I was thinking of doing it but the guides all seem to say like 50-75 hours of boosting online trophies... if people are getting the platinum in 5 days there must be a faster way.... does anyone know how long and the most efficient way to get online trophies finished? Thanks 

So I’m looking at the leaderboards for Far Cry 2 and see the top couple people have platinumed it in 5 days which seems insanely fast. With the possibility of servers closing I was thinking of doing it but the guides all seem to say like 50-75 hours of boosting online trophies... if people are getting the platinum in 5 days there must be a faster way.... does anyone know how long and the most efficient way to get online trophies finished? Thanks 

Hey there, this game can definitely be done in 5 days but it is not easy (as you have already pointed out). Some people have a lot of spare time on their hands or maybe they chose to do this game during a period of time when they knew they would have lots of spare time. Some people also like a challenge and are willing to speedrun through games to see how fast they can finish it.  

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've seen numerous other posts around here that already talk about the most efficient way. Technically, doing the warlord glitch first is the safest method as it avoids any potential problems later on with diamonds not working correctly. There are many written guides and videos about how to do this glitch. I know some people don't like this method as their trophies will look out of order (ie., the rank 30 trophy popping before the rank 20 one, but I think this is a very minor issue - at least to me). All that's left really is grinding manuals, revives, map creator, and cycling through the various maps to play on. Obviously, you'll need to get the war party trophy but that shouldn't be too difficult at the moment as it seems that this game is currently quite active. After the warlord glitch, I would focus on grinding manuals and revives next and get those out of the way. Those two things alone will get you to around rank 19. All that's left is ranking up one more level to get the rank 20 trophy and whatever other miscellaneous mp trophies you have left. 

In regards to how long the mp takes, I would say that the guide estimate of 50-75 hours is accurate. It definitely isn't a difficult grind, but it sure takes a while. If you are lucky enough to have multiple consoles, you can do this in about 50 hours. If you are taking turns with other boosters than this time can increase significantly depending on how many others you are boosting with. I used 2 consoles myself for this grind and I'm pretty sure I had around 50 hours when I had finished all the mp iirc. Expect more than 50 hours if you are taking turns/helping others.

You should still have plenty of time if you get started on it as soon as possible. Hopefully I answered your questions.

Edited by z99f
  • Like 2

29 hours and 9600 kills for Soldier of Misfortune, I had a friend with a second bot console. 34 total hours counting Mercenary and Warlord. I was very fast, when I finished the manuals I was at the end of level 18; so I had to grind a little more than 50k xp until 20 to then perform the Warlord glitch.

The online can take up to 80 hours if doing with another person, and 40 hours if done solo with 1 alt primarily while having 2 for multikills and revives. If anything the game just requires extreme dedication. I started on the 21st of April and now I only have 1,000 kills (split between 2 weapons) left before I will have all online trophies. I have managed this while also working about 25 to 30 hours a week. Stay on this game and you will be done. It is not as terrible as people say it is (other than connection issues), definitely worse games to grind out there.

With 86 hours 33 minutes clocked in, over 9,600 kills, 4,500 executions, 2,300 headshots, 1,500 explosion kills, 350 burn kills, 900 revives, 393 total matches played and a whopping 280,699 XP earned, I have finished Far Cry 2. I started the multiplayer when I earned Warlord on the 21st of April and ended with my last field manual about 20 minutes ago. Take this information as either motivation that it can be done within the time as long as you commit yourself, or as incentive to stay away from this game as it will eat up at your time... and your sanity...

Holy FUCK man you got some bad timing

On 5/7/2021 at 3:08 AM, kevao97 said:

29 hours and 9600 kills for Soldier of Misfortune, I had a friend with a second bot console. 34 total hours counting Mercenary and Warlord. I was very fast, when I finished the manuals I was at the end of level 18; so I had to grind a little more than 50k xp until 20 to then perform the Warlord glitch.

U must be playing a different game than me, if you can rank from 18 to 20 on 50k xp. Getting about 1.300xp pr game, and the needle barely moves. By your math, i should be able to go from 18 to 20 in less than 50 games, which is defo not possible.

3 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

U must be playing a different game than me, if you can rank from 18 to 20 on 50k xp. Getting about 1.300xp pr game, and the needle barely moves. By your math, i should be able to go from 18 to 20 in less than 50 games, which is defo not possible.

I'm trying to get the Warlord trophy with my alt PS3 and having difficulty getting 1500 xp in 15 minutes. I'm using the basic guns and they give 30xp per kill. Including the running to my character to be killed I can barely get 1000 xp. Should I be using a melee weapon?

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

I was at the end of level 18 when I obtained Soldier of Misfortune. the difference from 19 to 20 is 50k. there is an online table with the exact amounts of xp per level, if you search.

1 hour ago, Darkwaxer said:

I'm trying to get the Warlord trophy with my alt PS3 and having difficulty getting 1500 xp in 15 minutes. I'm using the basic guns and they give 30xp per kill. Including the running to my character to be killed I can barely get 1000 xp. Should I be using a melee weapon?

you must kill the captain for more xp, i used the barrel method with my friend and used the knife. playing alone you cannot be as efficient in this method. you need to perform the level 30 glitch when you reach level 20, it’s impossible to reach level 30 at this rate you’re at.

2 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

Did you read what my original post said? I said i was at the END of level 18, and needed a LITTLE MORE than 50k xp

13 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Did you read what my original post said? I said i was at the END of level 18, and needed a LITTLE MORE than 50k xp

My bad. If i do kill captain method, how fast will i reach the 1.500xp cap in a round(in terms of approx minutes)?

38 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

My bad. If i do kill captain method, how fast will i reach the 1.500xp cap in a round(in terms of approx minutes)?

with my friend it took 3-4 minutes per round, and 20 minutes a cycle of 4 complete games to recreate the lobby, totaling 6k xp for a complete cycle, almost 20k per hour. but look at the design of my games: my friend owns two Playstation 3, he controls the bot. it above the barrel revives the bot quickly while I kill, if you search you will find the barrel bug in Last Bastion. now a scenario in which YOU have in power 3 Ps3 is more complicated and slow, there are many characters to control and it will take you time to revive the dead character.

29 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

with my friend it took 3-4 minutes per round, and 20 minutes a cycle of 4 complete games to recreate the lobby, totaling 6k xp for a complete cycle, almost 20k per hour. but look at the design of my games: my friend owns two Playstation 3, he controls the bot. it above the barrel revives the bot quickly while I kill, if you search you will find the barrel bug in Last Bastion. now a scenario in which YOU have in power 3 Ps3 is more complicated and slow, there are many characters to control and it will take you time to revive the dead character.

I do indeed have three ps3. So my question is, would it be faster to fully play 15min rounds, or to do captain kill, revive, captain kill etc etc?

Also. Is the xp even kept if u end match early?

Edited by Hvalpen

30 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

I do indeed have three ps3. So my question is, would it be faster to fully play 15min rounds, or to do captain kill, revive, captain kill etc etc?

Also. Is the xp even kept if u end match early?

it doesn't make sense to play full 15-minute games because of the xp cap, my strategy was to start the game and dominate A and B, then kill the captain 47 times, then dominate C and kill the captain one last time. This yielded me exactly 1527 xp, which was the limit.obviously i'm talking about getting xp and level up, if you are looking for soldier of Misfortune then ignore it. yes, the xp remains as long as you finish the game properly by capturing the points.

I'd advise to get three PS3s and combine ranks and Soldier of Misfortune and finishing it before the Warlord glitch. My strategy was to run immediately to the enemy base and kill my two dummies over and over again until I hit 1.5k or getting close to it. After that I'd kill my main, run to point A (but not capturing it) and wait for the enemy captain to capture all points and kill my main again. This way I never exceeded the limit drastically because no winning XP would add up. Depending on the weapon and if you're getting kills, headshots or executions one round will take between 7 and 10 minutes + the time you need to capture the points with your dummy captain.

The advantage of this is, after finishing all weapons except one I already was rank 19. Because I forgot to derank earlier I had to grind to rank 20 to get the trophy and then derank to be able to unlock the last weapon. I used the revive method listed in the trophy guide to grind to rank 20 and got the 500 revive trophy along the way, this took only around 25 matches, each around 6 minutes. After that you can exceed the limit with the last weapon (you can get up to 120 kills in 15 minutes, depending on the weapon) because you will derank anyway. In the end I got all online trophies in 36h 6m. If you have three PS3s and are boosting for yourself this will be a lot faster than with a boosting group. But still, very tedious, this were probably the worst 36 hours of gaming for me.

• Like 1

I’ve finally just finished the online trophies. Soldier of Misfortune takes a very long time, even self-boosting, so I just had YouTube/Spotify on in the background and it went a lot quicker than I thought it would. 
It is extremely tedious but doable. If you can somehow keep your sanity then you’ll be fine haha. 

Everything else can be done pretty quick especially self-boosting. 

• Like 1

Completed all the online trophies few days back. It is around 65hrs, considering you used the glitch for the level 30. But if you are going to do it legit, it will be x6 of the hours that we spent to get to level 20. 

Level 20 - 250k 

Level 30 - 1.5m XP needed

21 minutes ago, GamingWithFlacy said:

Can anyone the date of when it is shutting down with a decent source cannot see much about it online except PC?

PS3 is not shutting down. It's only the PC version that is shutting down. People don't check their sources and spread false information and this is where we end up.

• Like 3